• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B&W Soundtrack Discussion

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    B&W Soundtrack Discussion

There's over 100 soundtracks within Black and White and with so many there must be some that stand out the most to you,
    become very catchy, and make you wanna do a little dance!

- What are some of your favorite music within the game? Was it your favorite at first, and why?

- Are there are any soundtracks that you think will be edited/remixed within future Pokémon games or the third game? Which ones do you want edited?

- Which of the the soundtracks would you create lyrics to? Post your own lyrics for one of the soundtracks if you want!

- There are a lot of deep instrumental tracks within the game; which do you find "meaningful" to you, or make you think of things?

- Do you think some of the music should have been placed in different locations other than the parts it has been used in? Where at?
    Etc.

KEEP THE DISCUSSIONS GOING ON!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • - What are some of your favorite music within the game? Was it your favorite at first, and why?: I like all of the battle music tracks, as well as Celestial Tower/Dragonspiral Tower/Giant Chasm and N's Castle. For the former, I've always liked the battle music and for the latter two, I liked the rhythm.

- Are there are any soundtracks that you think will be edited/remixed within future Pokémon games or the third game? Which ones do you want edited?: I think the music is fine as is.

- There are a lot of deep instrumental tracks within the game; which do you find "meaningful" to you, or make you think of things?: The last N battle theme made me think about how "insane" N was.

- Do you think some of the music should have been placed in different locations other than the parts it has been used in? Where at?: The music is fine where they are now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    - There are a lot of deep instrumental tracks within the game; which do you find "meaningful" to you, or make you think of things?: The last N battle theme made me think about how "insane" N was.

Hmmm that's kinda true - the music is all over the place really (kinda like the battles with the roamers + Victini - which makes sense due to them being "wild", which could also represent that N cannot be tamed, like Zoroark as many say), whereas Ghetsis' is kind of calm. You know how Ghetsis' has the sound of the people calling "Ghetsis" yeah? Well that could represent all the people blindly following him, since they chant his name but have no faces, or at least other than those working for Plasma/Sages he has no known followers, which you never see. So in a way that could represent his support base, those who follow him but don't know why, cheering him on, but don't know why, etc. Plus the rest sounds so evil, really, like he knows exactly what he's doing, while N... just is in different minds about what he's doing.

Ash's Infernape

Pokémon Protector
    Years
  • For me, the best music in the game was Team plasma sage encounter! The tone is so eerie and bets suits Ghetsis. If you don't know which tone I am talking about, it is the music that plays when Ghetsis talks. Intro music was great this time, too!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    I love the song that plays when you're talking to N in N's Castle. I wish they had it somewhere else in the game so I could go listen to it. The end credit song is also my favorite. Beating the E4 just to hear it is a pain though.

The track for Undella is really great too.
    It makes me feel all soft and mushy. And it puts me to sleep. :)

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • - What are some of your favorite music within the game? Was it your favorite at first, and why?
    Battle Subway Trainer Music, Elite Four Battle Music, Champion Music and the Rival Battle Music would have to be my top four favourite soundtracks in Black and White. However, I actually enjoyed the majority of music in the game- I can't flaw any of the tracks. I usually prefer game music if it is catchy and suits the context, and the Black and White music basically fulfilled both in my opinion.

- Are there are any soundtracks that you think will be edited/remixed within future Pokémon games or the third game? Which ones do you want edited?
    Hmmm I'm happy with the way the music is now. :)

- There are a lot of deep instrumental tracks within the game; which do you find "meaningful" to you, or make you think of things?
    I have to agree with PlatinumDude's point. The music used in N's final battle really captured N's position.

- Do you think some of the music should have been placed in different locations other than the parts it has been used in? Where at?
    Etc.

I'm fine with where the music was used.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Honestly the only music I really liked in the game was the surfing music in Pokemon Black and White. The reason why I liked it so much is because it would usually calm me down whenever I would get mad.

:t354:TG

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The one song that I can tell I like from the top of my head right now is the Plasma theme, and only in the beginning really.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay re-listening just confirmed for me that there's nothing in-game that beats the post-game route music (aka the one right next to Lacunosa). Of course, you guys are free to disagree w/ examples (totally encouraged) but really, all the other music in-game sucks in comparison.

I think it should be in every route actually, because it's representative of how great Unova is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Imho entering the Pokemon League is most epic moment in pokemon games ever. Loved the Victory Road theme, the only thing in my head was "Here I come, Elite Four! :D"

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Clearly the best battle track is the Victini + legendary trios music. Play that in the car with the bass up. AWWW YEAAAH. Plasma theme and the Dennis song are kick ass as well. As for cities, I like to sing along with the Nimbasa music (albeit obnoxiously) and slap my knees and get dramatic about it. lol Iccirus has nice music, but I hate that place so much that I never go there to hear it. :D I find most of the route tracks to be annoying, as well as the cave tracks. The bike theme is terrible and annoying and I don't wanna hear it. Surfing theme doesn't even sound like a surfing theme. Like...there's nothing about it that screams "I'M IN THE WATER LOOK AT ME" but then again, I've played RSE more times than I have fingers and toes to count. So surfing, to me, is RSE. Plus dem water routes.

UMMMM well that's all I have to say bye.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Clearly the best battle track is the Victini + legendary trios music. Play that in the car with the bass up. AWWW YEAAAH. Plasma theme and the Dennis song are kick ass as well. As for cities, I like to sing along with the Nimbasa music (albeit obnoxiously) and slap my knees and get dramatic about it. lol Iccirus has nice music, but I hate that place so much that I never go there to hear it. :D I find most of the route tracks to be annoying, as well as the cave tracks. The bike theme is terrible and annoying and I don't wanna hear it. Surfing theme doesn't even sound like a surfing theme. Like...there's nothing about it that screams "I'M IN THE WATER LOOK AT ME" but then again, I've played RSE more times than I have fingers and toes to count. So surfing, to me, is RSE. Plus dem water routes.

UMMMM well that's all I have to say bye.

Nooo, the bike theme is pretty awesome! I actually like it a lot more than in other generations, sounds kinda ~natural~ makes you feel like you're riding a bike with the wind behind you, really!

For the surfing music it actually sounds like... something you'd find in a Game Corner tbh! It certainly doesn't make me think it's in the water either. But HOWEVER it sounds better than surfing music in other games.

Awesome music in Striaton City. :D

I dunno I found that only beaten (in being bad) by Nacrene. Both were so boring for me, tbh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    The Village Bridge music is so relaxing, I'm surprised no-one has brought this music up yet. The Lacunosa Town music is also really nice, and I have to agree that Route 12 has good music. Undella Town in anything that isn't Summer is also nice.

Iccirus also has nice music too. There's also one more thing I really like. Do you know when you talk to N right before the credits roll? After he says farewell, there's a dramatic dun dundundun dun! And then the credit music rolls, and it's probably the best end to a game I've ever experienced.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • My favorites are in this order:
    -Emotion which I can play on the piano. It's that one you hear when Bianca is arguing with her dad in Nimbasa and on post-game Route 5 when you talk to Cheren.
    -Route 10 is just amazing
    -N's Castle which I'm teaching myself to play on the piano. N's Farewell which I've taught myself to play on the piano. These two are tied.
    -Driftveil City and Accumula Town with the drums and piano. Also tied

Emotion is at the top because it almost made me cry. Route 10 just fits perfectly right before Victory Road. So does N's Castle. N's Farewell is beautiful. Driftveil City is so energetic and Accumula Town was fun.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My favourite music from Black and White are:

- Battle against Musketeer Trio/Keldeo, Meloetta
    - Battle against Team Plasma Grunt
    - Battle against N (final)
    - Driftveil City
    - Opelucid City

I probably have more favourites but I can't remember their names.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • In general, I really liked the soundtrack for Black and White. It's one of my most-listened-to albums in iTunes. I especially liked some of the more subtle things they did, like changing most of the route music slightly depending on the season (I tend to prefer the Spring themes), and the added percussion when you're walking along a route.

I particularly enjoy the music leading up to and succeeding the final confrontation with N. That is, Route 10, Victory Road (love the build-up through the gates, btw - it's almost as good as going up the stairs in the Tower of Spirits), Pokémon League, N's Castle Arises, N's Castle ~ Bridge, N's Castle, A Legend is Born ~ Reshiram, Prince N Battle, N's Farewell, and the Credits theme. This collection just seems to capture the mood around the journey. Also, for some reason I really like N himself. N's Farewell tends to make me almost cry.

The theme for Routes 2 and 3 is another of my favourites - especially the Spring version, as I mentioned earlier. I hear it a lot, I guess, as I end up biking back and forth along Route 3 to hatch eggs. And I'm not so keen on the Bike theme.

I don't like the Cold Storage/Twist Mountain theme as much as the rest; it just seems grating to me. Same reason why I never liked the Dragon's Den theme.

Then there's the Poké Transfer theme. The music that plays when it's loading on the DS you're transferring from. It's the only music from the game I don't actually have, which makes me sad. It's just so catchy!

I don't really like the battle themes as much in Black and White as in previous games. The only battle themes I really like are the Champion's theme, Prince N, and Subway Trainer battle. Speaking of Alder, his encounter theme is really nice. But the Legendary battle theme seems... well, I just don't like it so much. As for the Dragons' battle themes, they just seem a bit blaring. If only they'd managed something like the Dimensional Dragons' theme from D/P...

EDIT: Forgot the city music! >_< Castelia's theme is really nice. I also like White's version of Opelucid City, as well as White Forest. Weird... I prefer the music from the game I played second... Yeah, and Anville Town's theme is nice with the flute.

tl;dr:
    I like most of the music a lot. Yay for Shota Kageyama et al!

Back