• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W's Storyline: Opinions?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Oooh, so they are father and son? Thats great. Makes sense considering how much they look alike.
    Sorry if I spoiled it, but I assumed people looking at this thread already knew this.

Any how, yeah, they're revealed to be father-and-son in the end.

Gerchis raised his son from the very start when he was born as a tool for his plans, trapping him in a hidden room and only exposing him to Pokemon injured by people, making him think that humans were imprisoning Pokemon for their own selfish needs.

Gerchis even goes ahead, in the end, to call his son "a half-human, an incomplete monster with no knowledge of how human emotions work", although Cheren replies with the clichéd "no, you're the monster!" line.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Sorry if I spoiled it, but I assumed people looking at this thread already knew this.

Gerchis raised his son from the very start when he was born as a tool for his plans, trapping him in a hidden room and only exposing him to Pokemon injured by people, making him think that humans were imprisoning Pokemon for their own selfish needs.

Gerchis even goes ahead, in the end, to call his son "a half-human, an incomplete monster with no knowledge of how human emotions work", although Cheren replies with the clichéd "no, you're the monster!" line.

That is soooo awesome. This makes me like the story even more now. They definitely stepped it up a notch in the story telling. Here's to hoping the future games have this much and maybe more to their stories.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

I'm so glad N really is a sympathetic character. /Manly tears

They're deconstructing the previous storylines, which is awesome. So long as the trend continues, I think this is where the series is really starting to grow it's beard.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I honestly don't get the storyline, how Plasma has anything to do with Team Plasma, or why they are so crazy. Maybe I've got to play the games myself but I don't get it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

...wow. That is such a deep storyline for Pokemon.
    /lol fail I didn't even know the storyline :x

That's really interesting though and it seems to match the ying/yang theme (in a way sort of), or... something. I dunno, sounds awesome though. :D

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
    This generations storyline has really impressed me. I'm interested to know how they're going to mix it up for the third game in the saga, I'm going to presume it's called gray.

I like how N has good motives, and tbh, I felt like the bad guy at times, and towards the end of it, I really did feel sorry for N. While playing through the game myself, I didn't really understand the role of the Dark Trinity or those goddess' that healed you in N's castle.

Prior to the climatic ending, the games storyline was really enjoyable, seeing the gym leaders have some involvement outside of their gym battle was really nice. The games definitely focused more on their storylines this gen. Although, for me, seeing the number of routes decrease made it feel that the game was shorter.

Team Plasma seemed like a real evil organization for once, unlike some of the previous gangs *cough* Magma and Aqua *cough*
    And then we had Geechisu, the evil father. It didn't seem like Pokemon, but I liked it. The games have definitely had a nice fresh start, and the characters and storyline have really matured. I'm actually looking forward to watching some of this stuff in the anime.​

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'm happy I'm hearing good things in this thread. Sounds like they finally changed the storyline for the better!

Back