• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Oshawott. Has a good Att and Sp. Att. He's something like Snivy, but less speedy and more powerful with attacks.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I will pick Tepig because I have not used him and I am thinking of doing fighting mono-type challenge run with this game

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • Probably gonna pick Oshawott or Snivy. Most likely Snivy because I've never started off with him in any game and I don't see a lot of people starting off with it. (friends,YouTubers,etc)

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I picked Snivy in the first B/W.
    I didn't care about type advantages , or moves.
    Snivy just looked awesome , but then I remembered I stink at training grass types , and gave up by the elite four , and tried Tepig.Probably gonna do it again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2020
    Gonna go for Oshawott. Remember all of my crazy friends that were fanboys of it. Went absolutely crazy over it Looks like it has a good moveset.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    As I've done with just about every single game up to this point: Just pick the grass starter. Which means I'm most likely going with Snivy again, too. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    I've already picked snivy in pokemon black because of how cool his final evolved form looks. This time around I want Oshawott because of how it's final form looks like a badass pokemon with an epic facial hair xD

Years
  • In my most recent games I've picked either the Fire or the Water type starter, so I'm probably going to choose Snivy this time around (my first and current playthrough of White I picked Oshawott). I don't usually train many Grass type Pokemon, so it should be an interesting challenge for me.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Oshawott, I played White with each of them individually and Osh is definitely my favorite.

Years
  • Snivy, just because Serperior is the only starter that I'm actually ABLE to play with because the other two final evolutions are just too ugly.
    Tepig and Dewott are cute.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2013
    I'm going with Snivy. In white I chose Tepig, in black I chose Oshawatt, so why not choos Snivy?

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I started the Black with Tepig (not finished yet), but I'm not happy with Emboar... then, I think this time I will play with Snivy...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I started Black 2 with Oshawott. I plan on starting my English Black 2 with Snivy, but ditching it for Petilil lol. And White 2 with Tepig. idk if I'll ditch it or not. Most likely.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • I'd go with Oshawott, my love of water-types is strong. I've used Snivy in B/W so not him again. Sorry, Smugleaf... Tepig, ain't really what I'm looking for. There have been too many Fire/Fighting's. I've used Torchic and Chimchar before anyway so not Tepig either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I don't really like the fact the starters are the same...

However, I don't see which other starters can be put in. :/

Back