• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Baaaad badly made movies

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Have you seen a really, really bad movie? I'm talking horrible CGI, ridiculous acting performances, outrageous plot etc.

Me and a bunch of friends started having movie nights with shark films a while ago. Sand Sharks. 'Nuff said, oh my god. Though Megashark vs Giant Octopus comes close too. These movies are actually so bad that they become entertaining, especially the first one.

What are some reeeeally bad movies you have seen?

Years
  • You forgot to mention Batman and Robin =)
    Let's see
    Batman and Robin
    Last Airbender
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (personal)
    Superman Returns
    and finally...
    Spoiler:

And that's my list of worst movies in the world.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Airbender, I can agree with xD But it was still shown in theatres, right? Those shark movies... They're not even good enough for tv.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Airbender, I can agree with xD But it was still shown in theatres, right? Those shark movies... They're not even good enough for tv.
    Airbender was widely released in theatres, yes, but I wouldn't say it was a badly made movie whatsoever. The cinematics and CGI were stunning, as should be expected with a Shyamalan film - the progression of the plot (and the plot as a whole...) as a result of the adaptation and the actors were just... not exactly highlights, but they were really unimpressive.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    True, I guess Airbender was rather beautiful. It was mostly the bad adaptation of the cartoon that irked me, I suppose.

Has any of you seen... Ghost Lake I think it was called? Dave's horror thread made me think of it. A really, really bad horror movie I watched some time in the early 2000's on a camp movie night. We laughed our way through it because the zombies were so ridiculous.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • these fucking weird ass movies like you can find the trailers on youtube but one of them was about these killer bees and these guys running around like half naked all the time i'm not making this up i don't know what kind of message the director was sending but the movie was needlessly sexual and the acting was terrible and the plot made no sense and did i mention the acting was terrible

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Both Foodfight and Birdemic are the pinnacle of bad badly made movies.
    I had literally never heard of Foodfight until this morning when a critic that I really like wrote about it as part of a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. It sounds truly monstrous, especially if the screengrabs used in the review are at all representative of the look of the film.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • G.I. Joe: Retaliation

To think I went to the movie with my family to watch this crap. Both waste of time and money. Well, I thought, nothing can go wrong if there's The Rock and Channing Tattum in the movie? Right? I was miserably wrong. To think I actually paid to watch my worst rated movie of all time. Why GI Joe why? Are there people who actually like the movie?

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Spoiler:

'Nuff said.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • There is a film so bad I don't think it simply classifies as a "Badly Made Movie". It's so much worse.

I am of course talking about the abomination that is ERAGON.

Holy cow. As if it wasn't a hard film to get right enough, they go and slaughter the books too, changing the story and the characters and everything and it's horrible and BLARGH. Anyone that has seen this films knows the horror.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Holy cow. As if it wasn't a hard film to get right enough, they go and slaughter the books too, changing the story and the characters and everything and it's horrible and BLARGH. Anyone that has seen this films knows the horror.

If you compared to other book to film adaptations, how bad is it? I haven't read the books but from what I've seen I've never come across a hollywood film adaptation that's 100 faithful to the source material.

OT: I consider myself as a casual movie watcher and to have seen a really bad movie is a first for me - that goes to the abomination that is Exodus: Gods and Kings - Biblical inaccuracies aside, what I thought would be an epic show of the 10 plagues of Egypt became 8, and even then they were hugely disappointing - nothing exciting happens despite the CG effects used. Furthermore, the characters themselves were bland and had little depth to them - worst of all the movie manages to drag on for a tiresome 3 hours.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • If you compared to other book to film adaptations, how bad is it? I haven't read the books but from what I've seen I've never come across a hollywood film adaptation that's 100 faithful to the source material.

No, that's quite true, it's also very hard to take all the info in a book and put it to the screen, there is just so much.

THAT SAID, they could have made an effort. For example, with Holes, the film was pretty much what I had in my head the whole way through the book. It was the book, on screen. Even the lines are perfect in some cases, iirc. Now to a less strict example. I'ma use the Hunger Games, because it's actually decent to the books, the books themselves are meh. The Hunger Games, although it leaves out info that it useful and helps the plot, does stick pretty close to the books, keeping the theme, emotions, characters the same. Likewise for Harry Potter, which did it a little better perhaps.

Eragon did none of these things. The characters were wrong. The plot was wrong. The emotions were wrong the theme was wrong. They turned Eragon from the adolescent book it is to a crappy generic kid's film, that doesn't inspire anyone.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm honestly not picky about movies at all, if it's even slightly entertaining, I'll like it. Like Sharkboy and Lavagirl? I know it's terribly animated and dumb, but I still thought it was fun (I mean, I was probably 10?). :P

However, one movie I absolutely hated was Mean Girls 2. I couldn't even finish watching it because it was so terrible and absurd. It's not just that it's incredibly disappointing when held up next to the original Mean Girls - even if they didn't tack the name onto it, on it's own it's such a poorly acted, poorly thought out story that made no sense at all, wasn't funny and was extremely cringe-worthy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Walking With Dinosaurs (3D)
    I actually watched this in cinema as my little sis wanted to see this... it was so crap ever she hated it I mean who in their right minds puts a whole film together and after production goes OH lets give voices to the dinosaurs so the whole film has voices without the dinosaurs mouths actually moving at all aside from the bland as heck storyline.

Spy Kids 3D
    So you put 3D in the title of the movie when the 3D aspect is so crap its not even worth mentioning at least make it good if your going to do that

Back