• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] baby kangaskhan theory

babaGAReeb

Banned
    Years
    some post about kangaskhan being born with a baby made me think about why it born with baby after hatching the egg?

i have theory

the baby in the pouch of kangaskhan is not its baby at all! it is parasitic being that attaches itself to the kangaskhan inside egg and fool the kangaskhan into thinking it is its baby and from there it is get free food hence it is parasitic. the true kangaskhan baby is fully formed like onix which is also fully formed on egg hatch.

i am thinking long time ago there was the kangaskhan species and another parasite species. the parasite species could not survive own so it assume form as similar to a little kangaskhan and attach it self to a lot of kangaskhan, and using parasetic hypnosis make it believe it was its baby and they take care of it. soon all kangaskhan were infected and all the eggs they lay have already infected with parasite kangaskhans

the parasite species was inventor of substitute technique too i think since it is very similar to kangaskhan baby. before currpoting the kangaskhan it used substitute to fend off preyers but it was not enough so it infect kangaskhan to get both defense and nurishment.

but the parasitic bond is not so bad for the real kangaskhan as mega evolution show and it can come out and fight along its host if needed so bond is mutually benefictual

Years
    That's a really interesting theory. I heard another theory that said the baby Kangaskhan is actually a Cubone because they look similar and it's never specified who Cubone's mother is and therefore the skull they wear is actually from a Kangaskhan.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    That's a really interesting theory. I heard another theory that said the baby Kangaskhan is actually a Cubone because they look similar and it's never specified who Cubone's mother is and therefore the skull they wear is actually from a Kangaskhan.

If you consider Pokemon Origins as canon, cubone's mother was a marowak.

babaGAReeb

Banned
    Years

chances am low for cubone to be a baby kangaskhan

baby kangaskhan color is different from cubone. why would color change if baby is seperated from mother?

and cubone not evolve into kangaskhan it evolve into marowak.

cubone am just weird, why it skull evolve with it and how come every cubone have lost mother and wear its skull? and where is the daddy? and if cubones mother is also cubone it should also have its mothers skull and after it die there should be two skulls for baby cubone, one of its mother and one of its grandmother and then this cycle continue until late generation cubone has a 1000 mommy skulls!

Years
    chances am low for cubone to be a baby kangaskhan

baby kangaskhan color is different from cubone. why would color change if baby is seperated from mother?

and cubone not evolve into kangaskhan it evolve into marowak.

cubone am just weird, why it skull evolve with it and how come every cubone have lost mother and wear its skull? and where is the daddy? and if cubones mother is also cubone it should also have its mothers skull and after it die there should be two skulls for baby cubone, one of its mother and one of its grandmother and then this cycle continue until late generation cubone has a 1000 mommy skulls!

I know, it's just figured I'd add it in there for discussion but some theories say that the baby gets out of the pouch every time a Marowak dies and takes it's skull thus becoming a Cubone, however this doesn't explain why Cubone then evolves into Marowak.

Maybe every cubone has a skull because it kills it's mother? But then that doesn't explain the whole accumulating skulls thing.

babaGAReeb

Banned
    Years
    I know, it's just figured I'd add it in there for discussion but some theories say that the baby gets out of the pouch every time a Marowak dies and takes it's skull thus becoming a Cubone, however this doesn't explain why Cubone then evolves into Marowak.

Maybe every cubone has a skull because it kills it's mother? But then that doesn't explain the whole accumulating skulls thing.

maybe cubone wearing the skull so long changes its DNA to marowak DNA so it evolves into a marowak?

but why would the baby kangaskhan get out of the pouch everytime a marowak dies though and why would the mama kangaskhan just let its child go wear a skull and run off?

so cubone kills its mother, rips her skull off and wears it on its and then mourns her death? thats pretty hardcore, too hardcore for pokemon unfortunately

maybe cubones goal is wearing its mothers skull and it dosent care about its grandmothers skull? that would explain why the skulls dont accumulate

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This probably doesn't make much sense, but if baby Kangaskhan and Cubone are the same, maybe former doesn't start growing into latter until after its mother die? Perhaps it could have something to do with their brain, which does something to freeze their growth due to protection from their mother, and if they're long gone, it signals them to wear their skull, which eventually leads to causing change to their body.

babaGAReeb

Banned
    Years
    This probably doesn't make much sense, but if baby Kangaskhan and Cubone are the same, maybe former doesn't start growing into latter until after its mother die? Perhaps it could have something to do with their brain, which does something to freeze their growth due to protection from their mother, and if they're long gone, it signals them to wear their skull, which eventually leads to causing change to their body.

yeah i think dat too

once it wears the skull, its DNA changes to cubone DNA and it evolve into marowak instead of cubuone

one thing that dosent make sense though is why was marowak the mother of cubone in the game? it shouldve been a kangaskhan

Years
    yeah i think dat too

once it wears the skull, its DNA changes to cubone DNA and it evolve into marowak instead of cubuone

one thing that dosent make sense though is why was marowak the mother of cubone in the game? it shouldve been a kangaskhan

It should have been if this theory is correct.

How would wearing the skull cause the baby Kangaskhan/Cubone to become a Cubone? Psychological factors alone cannot cause a change in DNA, or not that I'm aware of.

It should have been if this theory is correct.

How would wearing the skull cause the baby Kangaskhan/Cubone to become a Cubone? Psychological factors alone cannot cause a change in DNA, or not that I'm aware of.

It may not be a change in DNA, just a branched evolution chain that the Pokemon world isn't aware of. Cubone could be the baby form of both Marowak and Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan always produce Cubone, who don their mother's skull when they die and evolve into Marowak. I guess that if the mother lives long enough, and the baby Cubone in Kangaskan's pouch matures, it evolves into Kangaskhan and has its own baby. In this way, it could make sense that Cubone's mother in Origins was a Marowak, as Marowak ALSO produce baby Cubone.

It also explains how trainer caught Cubone only evolve into Marowak. Cubone need to stay with their mothers in order to evolve into Kangaskhan, but all player-owned Cubone are wearing their mother's skull, therefore have dead mothers. I think that we should disregard the game's breeding methods in this case, as a Cubone born with its mother's skull doesn't really work, nor does a Kangaskhan born with a baby in its pouch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    I always thought the one wearing its mother's skull was one specific Cubone. My theory was that all Cubone wear some skull (any skull they find) to protect their had but the one who lost its mother to Team Rocket wears her skull.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I just took it as "wow we didn't think this one out, but we really don't care." If you think about it the first generation didn't have a breeding system so Kangaskhan was as is. When the breeding system came out I'm sure they "noticed" but didn't feel like pulling a baby version out of their ass. Why not I don't really understand since it would of made perfect sense with the debut of baby Pokemon that same generation... and now that it has a mega it would make even more sense.

I think this is one of those things fans over think way too much when the answer is just a simple "yeah we never got around to it sorry."

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    And venonat is a butterfree with her legs ripped out. Cubone is a Kangaskhan baby with a Marowak skull on it's head, that has been permanently canalized as a full fledged pokemon through generation. You know... Evolution.

Back