• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Baby Pokémon: What Do You Think About Them?

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Nowadays there are many baby pokémon, these include:

Pichu
    Cleffa
    Igglybuff
    Togepi
    Smoochum
    Elekid
    Magby
    Azurill
    Wynaut
    Budew
    Chingling
    Bonsly
    Mime Jr.
    Happiny
    Munchlax
    Riolu
    Phione (In a way)

So, what do you think about them? Are some of them worth not evolving, do they all need to evolve instantly? Were they worth adding into the game? Discuss.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Well, for instance, take my favourite of that bunch; Pichu.
    Whist it is not nearly as powerful as its evos, it is the only member of its line to be able to learn Nasty Plot, starting at lvl 18, which renders it rather useful.
    They are cute, but I could've managed perfectly without them.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I dont know why, but I love Azurill. :3 I think it's the fact that it bounces along on it'stail, blus it wa quite rare compared to... lets say Pichu. :\ Plus, I loved how it was suprisingly normal instead of water. XD Also, I love Mantyke. :3 Then again, I loved Mantyke. :\ I think I just love water baby Pokemon. XD

I personally feel that starters are unnecesary, but they do add to the collecting aspect, allow acess to moves they wouldn't usually learn (Volt Tackle etc.) and generally, they are (except Smoochum XD) cute. :3

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I think they're a poor excuse for Pokemon and they seriously have no use what so ever.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • I think they're all little cuties.
    They're all Pokemon; and I don't care if they are useless.
    Heck, i'll use them anyway. xD
    Some baby Pokemon were meant as a pre-evolution, and some were just a waste of space on the game.
    Ones that I feel need evolving are as follows...
    Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Budew, Chingling, Happiny, and Riolu.
    The others are fine where they stand. But, it couldn't hurt to evolve them anyway (;

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Why can't Riolu be a baby? Are you saying that all first Pokémon in a evolutionary line of three is a baby? Then every single starter is a baby Pokémon.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • I actually love baby pokemon, not because they are tiny and cute but it was great to see your pokemon start young then grow to a bigger and stronger pokemon.

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
  • Out of all of them, my favourite is Munchlax.Some werent even worth adding, like bonsly and mime. jr which i hate.I like elekid and magby but i also dont like wynaut and smoochum:)

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Actually, I like Mime Jr. Mainly because I hate the look of Mr. Mime, so at least I get to have a better look for him until level 16. In which I can keep him as Mime Jr. by not teaching him Mimic or just pressing 'B'.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Oh. That's nonsense. The only reason most aren't next together in the national is because most baby Pokémon are added in the next game. It doesn't mean they can't be added in the same generation.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Phione..
    Seriously?
    Give us a weaker pokemon that can't evolve and call it a legendary?
    no. boo.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I think they're a poor excuse for Pokemon and they seriously have no use what so ever.

Nail -> Head.

An un-necessary 'filler' feature which serves only to bump the number of Pokémon per game up imo. The entire rigmarole of breeding/hatching/evolving them was an absolute chore.

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    You just made me remember a certain Normal-type training Gym Leader from Goldenrod City, which had a certain pokemon who loved to spam that move, especially whilst facing my Quilava. :(

I know what you mean and she might be more difficult than ever in HG and SS! Next time I'll be ready.

On topic: Now that I think about it baby pokemon are kinda useless

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • Yeah, I think that baby Pokémon don't have much use, but I like them for contests. And Pokédex entries. It's also fun to see how strong you can get a baby Pokémon.

Ayselipera

I admit there really weak, but most of them evolve quickly
    anyways so I don't see the big deal. Plus most of them
    end up evolving into really good pokemon. I think there
    a nice addition.

Years
  • Riolu? Baby Pokemon? What?
    He's preevolution form of Lucario and Luc is stage 2 pokemon so Riolu cannot be Baby Pokemon.

That exact same logic fits Togepi but everyone knows Togepi is a baby Pokemon. Riolu is a baby Pokemon in the same way because it was introduced in the same generation as its evolution and it cannot breed like other baby Pokemon.

Anyway, I feel the exact same way about baby Pokemon as Cooltrainer_Mike and Zenus. I never cared for any of them and find them a chore to raise since nearly all of them are very weak. I really don't want to see anymore of them in the next generation but its very likely there will be more 'fillers' to expend the Pokedex to around 600 or more.

Back