• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Baby pokemon Good or bad

Baby pokemon....

• Good

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • bad

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Ehh

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I personally hate most baby pokemon there are a few that are exceptions but most of them are crap and are not needed what are you opinions

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
    Years
    They appeal to a different audience I guess, the babies are just simply "cute". I don't mind them. its fun to make baby teams.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    To my best knowledge, having a poke with 3 stages of evo usually has higher stats then a poke with 2....just my best guess tho, anyone correct me if im talking out muh butt =]]

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    I'm kinda neutral on them. Some are awesome (and cute), like Elekid for example, while others suck, and should never have been made. Take Smoochum for example. It's ugly, it evolves into an ugly pokemon, and it's... Ugly.

So yeah, I love some, hate the rest.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Have you even been in little cup tournaments, seriously. (lol jk)

I mean Pokemon had to show evolutionary chains, as that's what they are built around. Can't just have every pokemon running around looking like a gyarados. It's nice to see the babies, they are kawaii to many people as well. Pokemon has to hit fan bases remember and so they have to include babies into the games and what not.

So they are babies, I'm not going to hate on them for their life role. I'm content with baby pokemon, yes.. they are a joke in competitive though. Still, I don't "hate" them, I just don't use them. Oh well. =P

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Yes, I agree with BeachBoy;
    If every Pokemon you encountered was a huge, strong, dragon-looking, uber-mon Pokemon, then there'd be no fun in playing the game. It's good to be able to start weak, then build from there. It builds "bonds" if you will with your Pokemon.

Also, the Pokemon you catch and raise is a good way to express yourself. If you don't only look for power, but more of a cute Pokemon that'll look good, then babies are one of the greatest things for you! One of the clan's I'm in only uses cute Pokemon. I mean, yeah, maybe it's not that great for competitive battling, but for just fooling around it's actually really fun!

As for my opinion on them, I think they're alright. Neutral, I guess you'd call it. As long as I have my Psychic Pokemon (I'm a Psychic Fanatic) then I'm good. I might occasionally raise a baby, but just for something to do.

That's what I have to say on the matter,
    Mo Live

Elektromag

Zubat in a mouldy cave
    Years
    I cant quite agree with the last two posts, because you can't get baby pokemon until you get to the daycare

And about baby pokemon...
    I think baby pokemon that evolve into strong pokemon i.e happiny can be useful. They widen learnsets of strong pokemon so you can make them cute or powerful

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I cant quite agree with the last two posts, because you can't get baby pokemon until you get to the daycare

Lol, no to be rude, but how is that a bad thing? Not disagreeing with you, but tell me how not being able to get babies untill you get to the Daycare is bad :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

And about baby pokemon...
    I think baby pokemon that evolve into strong pokemon i.e happiny can be useful. They widen learnsets of strong pokemon so you can make them cute or powerful

Well it's odd you can't agree with me on a simple fact. The Pokemon company has to involve babies into the overall equation of their so called "evolutionary system." Babies provide reinforcement to their evolution ideals, without them, they lose some back up weight. Aka having a bunch of 2 evolution chains running around when 3 gives more... oomph to their evolution layout. Anyways, babies must be included in pokemon, they also attract people to play the game as well, all the litte girls go "ahhh togepi so cute" etc.etc....

And just because you have to wait to the daycare doesn't really show anything to disagree with my statement by the way... I was talking about babies role, not bonding and what not that Mo said.

Anyways, that's why I don't have a problem with babies, I'm not praising them either in fact.

Babies are a part of the game and nothing we can even do about it. I think they are fine, good attractions to some fan bases and also gives other people more of a challenge to get all the pokemon in the game by making them use the daycare anyways.

So I don't hate them, I don't love them, I don't use them, I just think they are fine for what the company wishes to gain.

They are good for what the company is trying to do, not so good for competitive play.

Hothead, and in fact many of you, the way you all are viewing baby pokemon is only through the competitive window, just because a pokemon isn't competitive doesn't mean they can't fill a role for others in the game. So remember there are other things for pokemon, Babies fail competitively but they still provide a role in Pokemon's "circle of life."

Have a great day everyone~

ps. little cup tournaments are a blast (lol)

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Lol, I still don't understand what I said that makes it "a pain" to have to wait until you can use the Daycare...will someone please explain it to me =]

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    i dislike most of them. i dont see the purpose of their existence otherwise every pokemon would have a baby form. what, do pokemon who don't have baby forms hatch into their adult forms? makes sense

not to mention that with most baby pokemon you have to raise their happiness just to evolve them. waste of time. that's why elekid and magby are the only ones that i like

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I don't mind them, they're not powerful, but for most babies they evolve into a powerful pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    for me they're good some most of them are weak but too cute and some of them are can be actually strong if you use right moves

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hey, try not to revive super old threads like this one, okay? If it's older than 1 month and you still want to discuss it, make a new thread.

Baby pokemon Good or bad

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back