• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back after a long break - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Hi all,

Ok, so the last time i played pokemon in a way at all related to "competitively" was when D/P was released, and even then, it was only between friends etc (we still EV trained and what nots though)

So, i have come back in with Soul Silver. SS is an amazing game, really taken me back to playing the original Silver, what an awsome game that was, how my GSCEs suffered!
    Anyway, im now looking to work towards a new competitive team, but have NO IDEA what im doing now (is Steelix/Weezing still an awesome wall combo? blissy must still be up there?)! so see this as a challenge of sorts!

I know protocol dictates that i am supposed to post up a team and you guys RMT it and offer feedback...

Well, i dont know where to start AT ALL, add in the fact that i cant access the internet on my DSi and dont have access to smogon or shoddy battle, nor can i trade with other people.

So heres the challenge, can you guys help me work on a team that is as competitive as possible, but can be made purely from pokemon i can catch on SS.

I look forward to any help/advice you can offer me!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I was once in the same situation and a friendly user Stathakis told me this advice, which he recieved from Reachzero or someone: Just take a couple or one of your favorite pokemon that are viable in OU and build a team around them.

edit: also, try the Simple Question sticky next time btw

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    oh, sorry if this is in the wrong place, i felt that if we were talking moves sets/ evs team building this would be the best place.

I dont have "fav" pokes, i like strong one that win, this is a game after all, im not choosing a pet to look after im choosing pokes to batle hard and win.

Hence why i need help. im out of touch with new tiers, what the standards are etc.

I dont have net at home and work net blocks alot of pokemon stuff as "GAMES" so looking stuff up is dificult. and choosing stuff from just one game is hard when i dont know what i can get hold of...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

add in the fact that i cant access the internet on my DSi and dont have access to smogon or shoddy battle, nor can i trade with other people.

How can you access PokeCommunity and not Smogon? And how do you expect to battle on WiFi when you can't even trade? If you battle with friends, then you can definitely trade so that you're not just limited to one game. If you're not near any friends and you don't have WiFi, then building a WiFi team is pretty pointless.

Anyways, we're not here to build you a team because you won't learn anything from that. Smogon has a ton of up-to-date guides and articles that can help you catch up, but you said you can't even access it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    We also have many useful guides in this thread, which should help you out immensely if you don't know where to start.

Read that and do the best you can, then post a RMT and we can help you from there. But us building you a team doesn't help you learn, as aragorn said. With that said I have to close this.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back