• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back after years!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Hello everyone of the PokeCommunity! I just registered today after doing a simple search on google for "Pokemon Forums". My name is Cryptic, you can call me Cryptic haha. I just recently bought Omega Ruby with 3DS and finished the story mode/delta episode few days ago. I must say, great time-passer. The last time I played a Pokemon game was years ago and it was Red/Blue & Silver/Gold so as you can see I've been out of the community for a long time. Seeing all these new characters, pokemons, graphics, etc. is interesting but I'm still a little old-fashioned.

A little addicted to the trading in the game right now trying to complete my faves. Still got a lot to learn and I hope this place would be the right choice I made for that. Looking forward to talking to you some of you.

P.S.: I also got Pokemon Y about few hours ago. Lets see how that goes.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hello crryptic and welcome to pc ^_^ i remember when i first joined pc, that was one of the main reasons i joined because i was so into trading. i have an entire box of shinies because i was trading! i never actually beat pokemon x, i stopped at victory road. oops. let me know if you need any help or a friend, just drop a vm.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    hello crryptic and welcome to pc ^_^ i remember when i first joined pc, that was one of the main reasons i joined because i was so into trading. i have an entire box of shinies because i was trading! i never actually beat pokemon x, i stopped at victory road. oops. let me know if you need any help or a friend, just drop a vm.

Thank you! You're right, trading got me interested in the game so much more that I'm worried if I will even have time to start story mode on the new Y that I bought lol.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Hey there Cryptic, I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Well, I mean I've been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember, but I'm pretty "New" to the Pokecommunity forums as well, as in, I joined in '09, left in '13, and now I'm back, pretty unfamiliar with how everything works.

Last time I ever tried trading, was when Pokebank was first becoming a thing, and they had the special Celebi event for Pokebank. I remember trading with everyone I knew to get their Celebis, because Celebi is one of my favorite legendaries and I wanted an entire team of them at the time. A bit different than your status on trading, but yeah, you can learn a decent bit about Pokemon around here.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, welcome back to the series, friend! And welcome to the forums today! The new games certainly brought a lot of people back into pokemon, and so I hope that you will play and enjoy Pokemon Y soon. The features are amazing so you can hop right in there! At any rate, I hope that we can be really great friends and feel free to contact me via VMs or PMs if you need any assistance with anything! Cheers, and have a great evening!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    @Blasto King:
    Thanks for the welcome, Blasto King! You're totally right, I'm still very unfamiliar with so many things too. For example back in the days I really did not care about Pokemon's IVs, EVs, etc. matter fact I'm still not sure about it. I need to do my research on that properly and understand them. There's just so many new things but honestly I can't complain, makes the reason for coming back a lot funner than just playing story mode.

I never even tried Pokebank, not sure what that even is right now lol. Celebi is also my favorite legendary as you can probably guess from my forum avatar. I'm pretty lucky to have one in my team in the current gen I'm playing. Thank the community for trading me one in GTS. But thanks though, I'm sure I'll learn. I've been lurking around the other forum threads here and there and picking up few things. (y)

@Dragon:
    Thank you Dragon! Sorry for the late replies, pretty busy with daily life and just only check the forums whenever I have time. Definitely will be starting Y this week and see how that goes. Friend of mine is telling me the story mode is definitely worth playing through. Thank you for your support as well!

@Archy:
    Heyyyo, whats up! Appreciate the welcoming. Not sure what are the flaws you are talking about but I'm sure I'll spot them. So far I've been seeing nothing but positives vibes around the forums. Hope to see you around!

Years
  • That's pretty great - the sixth generation games are fantastic without a doubt and have brought many fans back to the franchise, including plenty of people that haven't played since the first or second generations. The improvement in graphics really did reel me in.. even if I do miss sprites over 3D models sometimes. :( Welcome to PC and awesome to meet you, Cryptic! Hope you'll stick around for a long while as this really is a great forum with many fantastic people.

Back