• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Back from Pokémon hiatus...

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    Hey, I've been on a sort of Pokemon hiatus for a while and want to get back into the games. The last one I bought was Dimond and I wanted to ask opinions on if Emerald is worthy buying?

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
    Years
  • Hey, I've been on a sort of Pokemon hiatus for a while and want to get back into the games. The last one I bought was Dimond and I wanted to ask opinions on if Emerald is worthy buying?

Did you mean Crystal? If you're talking about Crystal, I think you should get Emerald...but if you have a nintendo DS you could just wait for Diamond or Pearl. I'm buying a DS just to play D/P but yeah...I would recommend it if you don't feel like buying a DS. I have no clue if this helped because I don't know what the last version you bought was...

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • Did you mean Crystal? If you're talking about Crystal, I think you should get Emerald...but if you have a nintendo DS you could just wait for Diamond or Pearl. I'm buying a DS just to play D/P but yeah...I would recommend it if you don't feel like buying a DS. I have no clue if this helped because I don't know what the last version you bought was...

He said the last pokemon game he played was Diamond

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If you want the the last good game, go with Emerald. Even though you can trade/battle with the awesome WiFi feature, DP requires you to purchase a DS in order to play a watered down version of Emerald with messed up game mechanics and the same boring and dull storyline. DP is a horrible disappoinment, unless you haven't played any of the previous generations.

Emerald was a step forward, DP is two steps back. Maybe the fifth generation (if there will ever be one) won't suck.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    If you want the the last good game, go with Emerald. Even though you can trade/battle with the awesome WiFi feature, DP requires you to purchase a DS in order to play a watered down version of Emerald with messed up game mechanics and the same boring and dull storyline. DP is a horrible disappoinment, unless you haven't played any of the previous generations.

Emerald was a step forward, DP is two steps back. Maybe the fifth generation (if there will ever be one) won't suck.

I agree with Shancdavis here, but even though D/P are very similar to the games, they usually target the audience that they are going to get most sales from, Which is kids, but anyway don't you think that the awesome Wi-Fi feature makes D/P worth it, so that you can battle people online?

Also could you elaborate on the messed up game mechanics, because I thought it was exactly the same as Emerald, just 2.5d and based in Sinnoh.

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
    Years
  • Hmm I'm a bit confused here. What do you mean DP is the exact same thing as Emerald?

I think he means that the plot and storyline is basically the same, as it basically has been in all of the Pokemon games. You are a trainer out to be the best and become a Pokemon master, you try to collect all 8 gym badges before going to the Elite Four but on the way you encounter (insert team name here) and you must stop them before the use the power of (insert legendary name here) to take over the world. I think that is what they were getting at :classic: .

Guitarist Sean

Floe Island Charmander Breeder
    Years
  • I think he means that the plot and storyline is basically the same, as it basically has been in all of the Pokemon games. You are a trainer out to be the best and become a Pokemon master, you try to collect all 8 gym badges before going to the Elite Four but on the way you encounter (insert team name here) and you must stop them before the use the power of (insert legendary name here) to take over the world. I think that is what they were getting at :classic: .

Oh hah, thanks for clearing that up for me. If any of us were going to be disappointed by that, we would have stopped playing after RBY.

Back