• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

back in my day!

Joel.Lion

Years
  • If you had the multi-link cable you were the coolest. When you're all old and say things like that to anyone and everyone younger than you, what will you say? (Try to start with "back in my day" *optional)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Back in my day Cartoon Network actually had good shows, boys thought girls had cuties, and Toonami was a thing.

haha
    Spoiler:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Back in my day, you used to catch Pokemon , no- oh. Right. Keeping it clean.

Back in my day, we used to not have paintings for television sets.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • My god, I freaked out when I found out they are doing "90's Day" in high schools now for like Homecoming and stuff... just... what?!

Back in my day? I had a pager so my parents could tell me when to come home when I was playing with my friends in the neighborhood, and it was cool.

Back in my day? There were only 150 Pokémon, and the games were black and white, not Black and White.

Back in my day? Google didn't exist. We had to use this thing called a 'library' to use these things called 'books' to learn new things.

Back in my day? Teachers used chalk boards, only chalk boards.

Back in my day? Cartoons were better, and to this day, those cartoons still are.

Back in my day? There were nine planets.

Back in my day? We used portable CD players, and if yours wasn't cool it skipped when you were on the bus to school.

Back in my day? You had to ask your parents before you called a friend on the phone.

Back in my day? There were smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants.

Back in my day? We had no idea how pictures turned out. It was like a adventure every time you got home from the film place.

Back in my day? You paid for internet, by the hour.

Back in my day? You couldn't be on the internet and make a phone call at the same time.

TARDIS

wherever, whenever
    Years
  • Back in my day, Gallifrey was still a thing. No wait.

Back in my day, you had an apparatus solely for taking pictures with, called a camera, instead of a multifunctional smartphone inside your eyes 8)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Back in my day, ramen noodles often were eaten right out the bag.

Back in my day the n64 was the leading console.

Vack in my day phones still had antennas

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    ITT: Stuff the next generation will still do.

Back in my day, travelling by air used to be a big deal.

Lord Kraith 2

Старый Сергей
    Years
  • Back in my day

1. All videos are in VHS and DVDs don't exist.

2. There were no cell phones but pay phones are used instead.

3. Internet didn't exist

4. Techno was better than today

5. Anime were all cel drawn with no computerized animation look up Iczer 1 or Megazone 23 to understand.

6. There was no iPods but instead everyone uses cassete walksman

7. CDs were not popular and well known and are very expensive.

8. Laserdisc was popular

9. All games were 2d and only played on a computer.

10. Computer didnt have Internet but only programs like word, paint, and various games.

11. Instead of CDs for games it's floppy disks.

12. Home phones were all wired and you do not know who called you until you pick up.

13. Electronic music was at its best and Techno was a mainstream genre only 2nd to synth pop.

14. Environment was rich and colorful

15. All TVs have not so good audio and graphics.

16. HD and Flat screen didn't exist

17. Cars were squarish not round like today.

18. Gundam was still new and popular.

19. Making techno music was very complicated and expensive.

20. Listening to the radio not listening music on computer.

21. All cars have cassette players instead of CD players.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Back in my day, games were played on cartridges. And you had to blow in them in order to work (but it only worked when the owner of the game blew in it for some reason).

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Back in my day? There were smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants.
    I still see tons of restaurants with smoking and non-smoking sections. Maybe it's your area. I hope we still have smoking/non-smoking sections 50 years from now too.

Anyway. Back in my day we read actual, physical books. You held them and they were really thick and heavy sometimes and you could ACTUALLY page through them. Not just e-books only on some flat tablet. (It's sad knowing real books could be obsolete in 20 - 50 years. :/ )

Also it's funny seeing people say the Internet/ cell phones/ CD players didn't exist in their day, and they're under 25. All those things been around before you were born. Cell phone have existed since the 80s , they were just big and bulky. CDs existed in the 80s too, they just weren't as cheap. CDs players weren't very expensive in your day either. I remember getting my first CD player when I was 10 for like 20 dollars. The internet has been known since at least 1985/1990, just really didn't blow up untill about 1995 though. You're not as old as you think you are.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Back in my day, AOL practically owned the internet.

Back in my day, you couldn't browse the internet and talk on the phone at the same time.

Back in my day, knowing the Dewey decimal system was actually pretty darn useful.

Back