• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Back In Stores?

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
  • I live in the UK. Now there are not many places off and online where I could find a brandnew legit copy of Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire. Emerald is easy to get, and FireRed and LeafGreen are found cheaply due to being re-released as "Players Choice" games.

Anyways... I was wondering if you guys and gals reckon that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire will ever be avalable to buy again. I know they are old, however I am sure there are a lot of people like me who want more copies etc.

I think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to sell the games on a exclusive online website, which will allow Pokemon fans to buy games that are older. Even like Red, Blue, and Yellow. I believe the games should be re-released... What is everyones thoughts?

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • I live in the US, and I had to search around local game shops for months before I found a used copy of Ruby(which I was missing) and I wasn't even able to get a box/booklet with it.

Good luck :/

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • o_O

He wasn't asking where to buy them, he was asking if you think that Nintendo will ever re-release them... I think it's probable, but I for one would prefer them to release them on new cartridges, so I could play them on my DS, but still, I'd love to get a new copy of Yellow...

Detox

lol....my walmart has had a full shelf of all 5 advance generation games sitting there for about 2 years....

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • lol....my walmart has had a full shelf of all 5 advance generation games sitting there for about 2 years....
    Ditto.
    The large retail stores around here still have all of those games on their shelves, especially Target. I don't live in the UK, so I don't know what kind of large retailers they have there.
    (Then again, I live in Indiana and we always have old things on the shelves. -.-)

Do I think Nintendo will rerelease them? No.
    Why? It's not cost-effective.

Fire Red and Leaf Green were probably released again because they are smash-hits. Old fans and new can enjoy them alike. It was a wonderful idea that Gamefreak and Nintendo came up with. However, Ruby and Sapphire are considered part of the "newer" generations. Some fans did not enjoy the addition of these games, and even though Nintendo make a killing off the first selling of the games; I don't think they would do too well now.

If I were you, I would check out places like Ebay or a video game retailing website. Most places such as these should have mint condition games for a lower price.

I hope I was of some assistance to you.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • For all the none GBA games such as Pokemon Yellow. They could release them on GBA cartiridges. As Nintendo have done so with other Nintendo games.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I doubt they'll be rereleased, there's more money in DS than GBA so there's no real reason for them to do so.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Actually, I'm surprised Ruby/Sapphire didn't sell a million copies for "Player's Choice" status despite their shortcomings. But I do find FR/LG more enjoyable (and not just because the female lead/Blue is the best-designed player character EVAR XD) and I took advantage of the "Player's Choice" to pick up a second copy just to play through.

But I wouldn't count on a re-release of R/S, or the 1st/2nd gen games in their original form.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • Try games second hand section, they always have the advance generation ones.
    Also try Import shops, they may have old uk ones in. Down here in portsmouth they do have new XP

Peach●Pit

Ness-chu
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Ever heard of a shop called forbidden planet? They sell tons of old games, I know the one near me has several copies of Sapphire and Ruby. Check their storefinder, I like in UK, and I know there's loads of FP shops here.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Since re-releases wouldn't be cost-effective, I think Nintendo should freely distribute the older Pokemon games as ROMs for use, and make them compatible with D/P/P (I think it's possible, somehow, with Gen. 3 & Gen. 4...Gen. 1 & Gen. 2 games could be 'reworked
    a bit just for compatibility). I was surprised Pokemon R/S didn't become Player's Choice; I thought they were the GBA's best-selling games...

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I agree that Ruby and Sapphire we're great games. Sapphire put the old Pokemon fan back into me. FireRed and LeafGreem are awesome also. However Ruby and Sapphire was a big upgrade from Gold and Silver.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Nintendo is only looking to make a cheap buck, they'll never put the older games back up as, they're only trying to move foward, not backwards

Back