• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bad Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    We both got the pokemon normally, he caught his Feebas, I caught mine and maxed it's beauty to get Milotic.

Now, if the egg hatches, and wrecks my mates game, we are gonna sue Nintendo and get Million and Million of Dollar.

And 2 Free DS's and Pokemon Pearl and Diamond each.

And Million and Million of Dollar again.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Somehow I doubt you'll get millions of dollars just because you got a bad egg. Nintendo will probably fix your game, or even pay for a new one with some extra goodies, but they'll laugh in your face if you file a lawsuit for millions of dollars.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    I think it's a reasonable enough case.

They/Game Freak put Bad Eggs in peoples game, intentionally, and then released it to the public, knowing FULLY well that the Bad Egg corrupts the file, It was MADE to wreck the file, and thus, it should be illegal for a gaming company to release a product knowing fully well that it can corrupt and no longer function properly.

I mean HELL they put the thing there INTENTIONALLY TO SCREW THE GAMES UP.

Million and Million of Dollar.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    They didn't put put bad eggs in the game intentionally.It's one of those things that you just can't fix.If you look closely there probobly is glitches in everygame.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Lion Heart said:
    I think it's a reasonable enough case.

They/Game Freak put Bad Eggs in peoples game, intentionally, and then released it to the public, knowing FULLY well that the Bad Egg corrupts the file, It was MADE to wreck the file, and thus, it should be illegal for a gaming company to release a product knowing fully well that it can corrupt and no longer function properly.

I mean HELL they put the thing there INTENTIONALLY TO SCREW THE GAMES UP.

Million and Million of Dollar.

If they did put the Bad Eggs in intentionally, it would have been a warning to people NOT to use cheating devices. If the bad egg occurred in a corrupted game file (which can happen, like Jake said), then they'll probably give you an out of court settlement, like a free DS or something.
    But if you plan to take Nintendo to court with a settlement fee of million and million of dollar (which you need to pluralist or Nintendo won't even take you seriously), then the judge'll simply laugh and bring on the next case.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    might wanna check that the pokemon could have been a cheat

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Sueing Nintendo will get you know where. That sounds like such a noobish comment. Even thoguh I am a noob myself (not to Pokemon, just to PC), I think your blowing this way out of proportion. Stop now, please. I can see you getting stuffed toys or DS's or whatever, but not cash. Besides, i'm sure some little kid had tried to sue them by now but hasn't prevailed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay... NOW I'm lost. HELP ME! What in the world is a bad egg? How does it happen? Pics please?

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Kayota said:
    Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay... NOW I'm lost. HELP ME! What in the world is a bad egg? How does it happen? Pics please?

Did you read through this thread earlier? I believe an answer can be found somewhere....but since you asked, a bad egg is basically a glitch in the game that puts an egg in your box when you use a code from Gameshark wrong, or just by an unexpected time. Although, it is very rare to happen without cheating.

As for pics, I don't have any but i'm sure some does.

When A bad egg hatches, it corrupts the game and causes a crash. I don't think you can get rid of it either...

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    even tho i "have" used cheats before...(learned to get the lugias, and stuff from another persons game( the only reason i ahve gotten a bad egg/2 was because i simplily left them in my box for a few hours on accident x_x

scolari

spriter god (yes me)
    Years
    weird i have neva heard of these things before and if you sued them it would cost more for court costs!! than what you get out of it

maelstrom209

The Voice Inside Your Head
    Years
    The chances are very rare right? I just started playing Pokemon again after a few years of hiatus and I certainly don't want bad eggs. Somehow I doubt that bad eggs can corrupt the entire game. It's probably just a minor glitch that probably would be fixed in future games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2005
    i once sharked my ruby to get jirachi the wishmaker coz i dont have a GC. (saw the code sumwhere) then i left it at the box . a few mins l8r, i saw an egg. twas the bad egg. not knowing it was a glitch, i let it hatch. it turned to a jirachi but the level reset to lvl 5. but at least, no file crash happened

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Okay the Bad Egg didn't pop up in the box, its was in the party instead of Milotic.

The Million and Million of Dollar thing was a joke, but there is no way in hell that it's a glitch.

It has it's own name and own summary which means it was programmed into the game and therefore is not a glitch.

If it does ruin my mates game, we WILL be complaining and whinging and calling Nintendo at all hours day and night until we get something, like 2 FREE DS's when they are released.

You people have no idea how many cars we washed to get our SP's and Fire Red/Leaf Green/Ruby and Sapphire.

Actually I can tell you:

- Each car we do we get $10 for, the games are $70 each and the SP's were $180 each when they came out.

$180 x 2 = $360
    $70 x 4 = $280
    $360 + $280 = $640

64 cars we washed.

If the game corrupts we will be very angry.

I was amazed at how quickly we had everything though it took us about 2 weeks.. If that.

Deoyxs_lover

Dont be afraid its deoxys.
    Years
    I had a bad egg on silver and I did not even have a gameshark or replay nor did anybody else that walked into my house.The only reason I could think of was trading pokemon from R/B/Y versions.I also beleive this was intentionaly placed in the game.
    Although, I did try trading missingno to my silver.I was some sort Slowpoke with a messed up name that messed up both our Red AND Silver versions.Then we could not trade it for some reason because "It was an abnormal pokemon" the nurse said or something like that.

The corruption stoped as soon as Missingno was gone.but the bad egg stayed. :\

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Okay...

1. I'm pretty sure the bad egg thing is kind of like a catch-all for just about any breeding or trading glitch the game comes across. Like, say your link cable got screwed up, or something weird happened with your wireless connection. In any event, maybe the bad egg is kind of like the "catch" clause for any "exceptions" that might occur (Yeah, I'm using coding lingo... I'm a computer scientist; so sue me. I'm just using what I use at work. :/) Whenever the game comes across something it doesn't like during breeding or trading, it just creates a bad egg, and then the user has the option to stop that process (by storing the egg away and never touching it) or just let what was gonna happen happen and lose their game. Anyway, that's what I think.

2. Sue Nintendo? Yeah, I can just see the judge's reaction to your claims:

Guy 1: Dude! This game is totally whacked! Nintendo needs to compensate us for our mental anguish and severe nervous disorders brought on by the tragic loss of our beloved Pokemon!

Guy 2: Yeah! What he said!

Nintendo Representative: We feel that replacements for the cartridges are ample compensation. And as the game is incapable of corrupting the hardware of the Nintendo DS, no replacements are needed for them.

Guy 1: But what about our Pokemon! Our games are fried! You can never replace them!

Guy 2: Yeah! My poor lv. 100 shiny mew... (sniffles)

Judge: I can't believe that you boys are wasting taxpayers' money and the court's time over imaginary creatures represented by game code... I rule in favor of Nintendo corporation. They will replace the afflicted game cartridges, and no further compensation will be made. Case dismissed.

And that's just if Nintendo's feeling generous. You can always restart your game. You haven't REALLY damaged your hardware. It's just the game file that's corrupted.

Now, if you're telling the truth (and I'm going to assume that you are) then there can really be no telling what caused the glitch. But I would think that anything that says "bad egg" would be enough cause for alarm that you wouldn't try to hatch it. I mean, it doesn't take a whole lot of intuition to see that something's not right. I would just trade whatever pokemon you want to keep over to another cartridge and start that one over. Really, there's nothing else you can do at this point, unless you want to play the game with that time bomb in your PC. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back