• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    -_- seriously, why do we go through this kind of thing every time a new Pokemon game comes out?!

This or that is crap... WHY EVERY TIME?! Can't any of you see a good game.

One major thing that you can't realize is: POKEMON ISN'T FINAL FANTASY, SO STOP COMPARING THE TWO!!!

Anyway, can't you guys just do what I do, buy the game, regardless of this or that, and then enjoy it because it's another Pokemon Game?!

Mooshykris

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    -_- seriously, why do we go through this kind of thing every time a new Pokemon game comes out?!

One major thing that you can't realize is: POKEMON ISN'T FINAL FANTASY, SO STOP COMPARING THE TWO!!!

Anyway, can't you guys just do what I do, buy the game, regardless of this or that, and then enjoy it because it's another Pokemon Game?!

Mooshykris

There's no harm in wishing for improvement. Heck, even Final Fantasy can be improved. Pokemon is a great game, yes, but it can DEFINITELY be better.
    There should be no end, game developers should seek perfection. Who knows how long this formula can last, eventually people will get tired of playing the same game over and over and over. They HAVE to make the games better, that's all there is to it.

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    I would be able to stand the graphics if it was full blown game.
    But it's just battles. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it.

Mooshykris said:

Polkamon is an RPG, as is Final Fantasy. Let's compare PBR to Final Fantasy XII! =D

Yeah, PBR is worse than a PS2 game.

[oh yeah, even Final Fantasy has gotten rid of turn-based battles]

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    lol, wow using stadium modles thats low..
    espically for an arkcaine one of the most loved pkmn

ON PURPOSE???????

I wanted to see a PS3 crusher game, using all features a Wii can offer. (I know a PS3 have more power, but I´m talking about inovation)
    But all I and everyone get is a feature-less game.
    Being a pokemon fan since 1997 (10 years!), I want pokemon to have a bright future, but not with that kind of crap game.
    Belive it or not I hate Sony and M$, and I´m saying that´s a crap game based on games FROM NINTENDO not from PS2 or XBOX or whatever.
    why do you hate them? microsoft can be a pain in the aresenil, and sony can have weird marketing startgeties but you gotta love some games!

im getting a PS3, ...this is just a killer in a bad way.
    though peryl and diamond makes up for it.. the handheld ones were always betta

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    why do you hate them? microsoft can be a pain in the aresenil, and sony can have weird marketing startgeties but you gotta love some games!
    Yes sometimes I hate them all, somethimes I hate even Nintendo!
    Why?
    Well I hate Nintendo because of all the mistakes they do, like renaming the Nintendo Revolution to Nintendo Wii, for example.

I hate M$ because they think only in $$$, look for the 3RL problem, they could fix the XBOX 360, free of charge, but they want about U$ 170 to do the job!

I hate Sony because of it´s agressive marketing, because of that
    many other enterprizes had to stop their activities, 3DO, Sega for example.
    Sony executives love to say that PS3 is better, and even said
    that IT SELLS MORE THAN WII!:laugh:

BUT of course I love many games of them.;)

Mooshykris
    Some years ago I saw the first american commercial of Pokemon Colosseum, the graphics shown in this commmercial were amazing, the story line they presented seemed great.
    Every little thing was perfect in this commercial, I still have it in my HD ("There´s a place where shadow pokemon live"...) I love this commercial.

BUT, is Colosseum that great?

So, you should never buy a game just because there´s "pokemon" written in the title.
    If the media says that PBR is awesome, go find yourself. You may discover how manipulated you are, watch out.

If Game Freak released a game named POKEMON SAMEXHIT VERSION , even being the worstest game ever, would you buy it, no? But fanatic fans would still buy it.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    You point out too much that this game has no story or originality. But it is not THIS game, it's Pokémon in general.

In my opinion, it's very creative. Non-turn-based battles are okay for other games, but Pokémon has its style. You have to think a lot for a competitive Pokémon battle, which is not better or worse than a normal fighting game.

About the lack of story, well....THIS IS NOT AN RPG. It's just a battling game, where you can battle in Pokémon-style. Colosseum and XD were really out of place. If you want a story, buy any of the other Pokémon Games. But these are mostly for better graphicsc because apart from the compatibility with the cartridges, what you can do isn't so exciting (though this game looks kind of different)

So well, I like the Pokémon the way it is, even if Nintendo doesn't want to spend time remodeling the Pokémon. In the end, it's gameplay what counts.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    That´s why I think pokemon is still alive, becuse of it´s originality. (Pokemon, NOT PBR)
    Remove that, and even the best graphics game would die.

Pokemon is still here, alive and strong, because we like it and support it.
    No matter how pitiful the game is, what count is the pokemon main idea, but if I were they, I would be cautelous, even the greatest ideas need support from it´s creator.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2007
    IMO, I think people are bashing this game when its still very early to be considered "Finished" early on models will look terrible and sure this may look like the glorified versions of the 64 games RIGHT NOW but alas there is still probably alot of touching up needing to be done. Thats just my 2 cents though.

::Vanishes::

Years
    Er, The.Shadow.of.Dawn, it's been out for a while now, they can't touch up a released game. ;) Hopefully, they spend a while on the next game and quit using GS, who are obviously cutting corners.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    IMO, I think people are bashing this game when its still very early to be considered "Finished" early on models will look terrible and sure this may look like the glorified versions of the 64 games RIGHT NOW but alas there is still probably alot of touching up needing to be done. Thats just my 2 cents though.

I suggested the same thing. But was informed that the game has been out in Japan for quite some time now. The game is finished, and this is how it's going to be when shipped elsewhere.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    They shouldn't have made PBR so early. Let us enjoy D/P a bit more. And, this way, they could take more time to think about the N64 Graphics and how they look with new ones.

I agree. Which is why I think they're going to release a BR2 sometime in the future. It will probably have a story mode and improved graphics.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Holy crap, after reading the first post of this thread, I figured out that there IS idiots who whine about the smallest things in games.

Does it affect your gameplay? No. Does it ruin the game? No.

What the hell are you complaining about? And besides the hexagon pokeball, Youtube has crappy graphics. Try stage6.divx.com and THEN tell me how horrid the graphics are.

You obviously made no effort in this post, except some irratation you had to whine about in a video game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2007
    umm....yeah i just now noticed that. lol sorry, i had confused myself with the release date. SO i do appologize ^^;;\

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Holy crap, after reading the first post of this thread, I figured out that there IS idiots who whine about the smallest things in games.

What the hell are you complaining about? And besides the hexagon pokeball, Youtube has crappy graphics. Try stage6.divx.com and THEN tell me how horrid the graphics are.

You obviously made no effort in this post, except some irratation you had to whine about in a video game.

There is no reason for us NOT to wish for better graphics. No, it doesn't directly effect the gameplay, but better graphics add a "WOW" factor that can really enhance the gameplay experience. For example, I personally believe Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker was so much better than a lot of other games because of it's graphics. They were very unique and really set the game apart from other GCN titles.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years

(are you calling me idiot?)
    Ok, "idiot":
    I WATCHED EVERY STAGE6 PBR VIDEOS, AND THE GRPHICS STILL SUCKS!
    It´s not the site, it´s the game.

Also I´m not ONLY based in youtube videos, I did a long research
    in many sites, watched maaany movies at youtube and stage6 and
    other, along with reviews from many sites.

So, when I said that I was based on opinions from all over the world, and I created my own opinion about the game, and posted.

I really don´t care about graphics, I still play many SNES, N64, GENESIS, etc, games on my respective systems, but I HATE when they put old generation graphics in the new generation games.

Would you like to have Gold/Silver sprites in Diamond/Pearl, even if it wouldn´t change the game play???????
    Here´s a little demonstration made by me:
    Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

(MWHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:badsmile: )

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I agree about graphics of old and new games. I don't care if the graphics are bad and its an old game. To me, Little Samson's (a NES game from '93) has awesome graphics because they are, for a NES game. They are better than Colloseum's and BR's graphics, because the years the games were released.
    pkmn Stadium was release about 4 years before Colloseum and even if you don't compare to the release year it still has better graphics than Colloseum.
    I like the pkmn sprites from the old GB games better than the new ones, but that is not the graphic though; it's more the style of them, like Lizardon's/Charizard's wings is much bigger in the old games and Gous/Gastly doesn't look like a cannonball but the gas it really is.

Years
    I agree about graphics of old and new games. I don't care if the graphics are bad and its an old game. To me, Little Samson's (a NES game from '93) has awesome graphics because they are, for a NES game. They are better than Colloseum's and BR's graphics, because the years the games were released.
    pkmn Stadium was release about 4 years before Colloseum and even if you don't compare to the release year it still has better graphics than Colloseum.
    I like the pkmn sprites from the old GB games better than the new ones, but that is not the graphic though; it's more the style of them, like Lizardon's/Charizard's wings is much bigger in the old games and Gous/Gastly doesn't look like a cannonball but the gas it really is.

I concur on this subject, as back then, pokemon was not soo... kid friendly, now it is, unfortunately imo. Probebly why I love the G1 game sprites so, but times have changed and this is not about G1. PBR is a graphicaly out of date game. Who ever denys this is an idiot.

Um, gonna play this game at some time, I'd prefer not to play the Wii64 version. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back