• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    You have to understand that the Wii isn't capable of really super amazing awesome graphics - Nintendo have always been more focused on gameplay. Pokemon games are known for their awesome gameplay, so what have we to worry about? The graphics look amazing for the Wii. Just remember what system this is on - the Wii won't be able to do much more than the PS2 really as far as graphics are concerned.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    But Zelda has good graphics and Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles (to GC) have amazing graphics.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    But Zelda has good graphics and Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles (to GC) have amazing graphics.
    You got it.
    If other companies can make a game with amazing graphics in the GameCube, what should we expect from a company (with lots of money, probaly more than Square itself) making a game for a Wii?

Years
    Twilight Princess's graphics weren't even made for the Wii, originally all that was done on the GameCube. You can get all those graphics on the GameCube, TP looks exactly the same on it.

PBR is so jam-packed with moves and sounds and all this stuff that they don't have enough space to go massive on graphics either. We should be grateful that they've put so much into it and STILL has pretty decent graphics. They aren't amazing, for a reason!

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    I don't understand.

Why can't we compare Pokémon to other games? Is Pokémon that all holy?

I don't need to play the game to realise this: It's Pokémon. In 3D. It's nothing new.

Oh wow! Character models! They obviously take up so much that they can't actually put anything new in there!

And by the way, the Wii is just a compact GameCube with a gimmick.

Oh, and one last thing.

Pokémon is outdated. Very very outdated. Even Final Fantasy has broken away from turnbased gameplay.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    PBR is so jam-packed with moves and sounds and all this stuff that they don't have enough space to go massive on graphics either. We should be grateful that they've put so much into it and STILL has pretty decent graphics. They aren't amazing, for a reason!
    I doubt.
    If Stadium could handle 251 pokemon in 64 megabytes (memory capacity of a N64 cartridge) why cannot a DVD with 8.000 megabytes store more things in PBR?

Some will say: What about the shinies, and the gender differences, and the arenas?

1- Stadium 2 had 251 shinies too! Total of 502 3D models in a 64 megabytes cartridge.
    Some will also think: But PBR models uses much more space than the ones in Stadium 2!
    That can be true, but do the math:
    PBR probly has 2 models for each pokemon (2 X 493= 986) Let´s put 100 more to the trainer´s models so in PBR we have < 1086 3D models.
    Now if we divide the data storage of a DVD with the amount that fits in a N64 cartidge (8.000 / 64= 125) So a DVD can store 125 Stadium 2, right? So a DVD can store 62750 stadium 2 models. O.o
    Even dividing that by 10 it would fit much more models in a DVD.

So we can conclude that: it´s just an excuse!

2- There´s no gender differences in PBR.

3- The arenas are actualy pretty small, just the main circle (where the pokemon battle) is really the arena, all the rest is an empty space fulfilled by visual effects (trees, sky, sun, etc)

If one day i buy this game I´ll extrac it´s .iso file just to see how much space it uses in a DVD.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    What gets me mad about the game was the promise of destruction in the stages. It never happened. I watched movies on youtube over and over and never found any stage get destroyed by a Pokemon's move.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    acrof said:
    I doubt.
    If Stadium could handle 251 pokemon in 64 megabytes (memory capacity of a N64 cartridge) why cannot a DVD with 8.000 megabytes store more things in PBR?

Some will say: What about the shinies, and the gender differences, and the arenas?

1- Stadium 2 had 251 shinies too! Total of 502 3D models in a 64 megabytes cartridge.
    Some will also think: But PBR models uses much more space than the ones in Stadium 2!
    That can be true, but do the math:
    PBR probly has 2 models for each pokemon (2 X 493= 986) Let´s put 100 more to the trainer´s models so in PBR we have < 1086 3D models.
    Now if we divide the data storage of a DVD with the amount that fits in a N64 cartidge (8.000 / 64= 125) So a DVD can store 125 Stadium 2, right? So a DVD can store 62750 stadium 2 models. O.o
    Even dividing that by 10 it would fit much more models in a DVD.
    wrong, there are in actuality 276 models in Pokemon Stadium 2, 251 and 25 other Unowns, the shiny Pokemon are just different textures, and textures on the N64, not as advanced as they are today on other systems... and Models... they don't take up a whole lot of space, usually voicing and music takes up the most space in a game... so, you could literally have a few million models in a game, but still... I really don't see why Pokemon Company should make 493 brand new models... and then model everything else... as I said before, if you think those are bad, pay a visit to the majority of the rom hacks here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I played Dragon Quest to PS2 yesterday. It was cellshading. The characters looked somewhat 2D, but I wished Pokémon had that graphics.
    I still wonder though, how can newer Pokémon games have less good graphics than old ones. BR is not that way, but Stadium looks better than Colloseum, actually.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Nintendo have always been more focused on gameplay. Pokemon games are known for their awesome gameplay

yea I agree with you on this one. Graphics aren't what Nintendo really focuses on

What gets me mad about the game was the promise of destruction in the stages. It never happened. I watched movies on youtube over and over and never found any stage get destroyed by a Pokemon's move.

also I agree with you as well. When a Pokemon uses dig or earthquake it just shows the side effect and then it dissappears. But this is Pokemon, it doesn't have to make sense

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    also I agree with you as well. When a Pokemon uses dig or earthquake it just shows the side effect and then it dissappears. But this is Pokemon, it doesn't have to make sense

You just said Nintendo doesn't focus on graphics and, well, it's true. Who needs good graphics when GameCube ones are more than acceptable? Still, I'm angry with some Pokémon being the N64 models, but other than that is alright.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    hm PBR looks fine to me, but the video on an Arcanine... looks like they got that Arcanine graphic from Stadium.. and its horrible

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    hm PBR looks fine to me, but the video on an Arcanine... looks like they got that Arcanine graphic from Stadium.. and its horrible

I know that is what bugs me, you just pointed out another Fire type Pokemon that has not so well graphics. I think its just the fire types

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I know that is what bugs me, you just pointed out another Fire type Pokemon that has not so well graphics. I think its just the fire types
    No, I´ve seen Exeggutor and Slowbro with Stadium graphics too.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    >_< In my opnion, the most disgraceful 3D pokemon in these large platform games is Ho-oh!!! Know Ho-oh is one of my favorite pokemon, mainly becuase its legend behind it is one of the best. But Just take a look at its feathers on top of its head.... THERE JUST ANGLES!!!! >_< And even the texture is horrible, you can see how it doesn't really fit on it because its stretched in a lot of areas. Know, this is only my opnion..... Huuuuuuuugh.....it just makes me really mad when I see it... Oh, and also, see, they remake Lugia, mainly because of Pokemon XD, but they couldn't remake its closest legend relative, Ho-oh! >_<

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Yes the same goes to Charizard an Typhlosion, they remodeled Charizard, but Typhlosion...

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    It's kind of strange that Ho-oh wasn't remodeled. After all, it was redone for SSBM, though it didn't have the animations for a Pokémon game.

Is this graphic thing to release BR earlier. I heard so, and if that's the reason, it's a very stupid reason, really.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back