• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm3d

Programmer!
    Years
    I doubt.
    If Stadium could handle 251 pokemon in 64 megabytes (memory capacity of a N64 cartridge) why cannot a DVD with 8.000 megabytes store more things in PBR?
    I always thought the Wii DVD's were 4.7 GB? Ah well, I'm probably wrong. Well, hopefully all this stuff about graphics, etc. isn't true, and when it finally hits our shores, PBR turns out to be a giant hit. I sure hope to get it...

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    And while you're doing this, y dont you redo the models with milkshape?
    :laugh: Some people like to test my patience.
    Ok here go:
    1- An .iso is the binary code of a game that almost every CD/DVD based videogame use, and can be executed by the system itself or a emulator (just like a GBA ROM) , in this case a Wii.

2-The same program used by Game Freak/Genius Sonority is needed to change anything in PBR´s ISO.

3-I need a Wii or a working emulator to test the results.

4- And finaly I would need a decent computer, because my old Pentium 2 can´t do very much for me at this moment.:P

And if Serebii mentions that the game will feature some adult game play, will you believe it?
    Yes.
    The only way to really verify this is by playing the game itself.
    Or reading lot´s of reviews over the internet, watching videos, etc.

I always thought the Wii DVD's were 4.7 GB?
    Just in some cases, but a Wii is able to run double layered DVDs with 8 GB or so.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The thing people are seemingly ignoring here is this.

The game is on a next-gen system, arguably the most successful out of the three new systems thus far. So they should be tapping into the best graphics they possibly can. They should be pushing the Wii to its limits, seeing as this is one of Nintendo's signature games. But they didn't. And that's not the only problem.

The other big issue is the lack of a plot in this one. I mean, who in their right mind buys an RPG that has no plot?! Seriously. Plot is one of the biggest things RPG fans look for in a new game. And here, it just doesn't seem to be there.

It doesn't matter what some fanboys say about graphics and story 'not being everything'. There is no excuse for this. None.

Fans like me have been waiting for a Wii Pokemon game since the system came out, and this is what we're expecting now? Are you kidding?

I seriously hope something is done about this before the release date.

And if Serebii mentions that the game will feature some adult game play, will you believe it? The only way to really verify this is by playing the game itself.

Serebii is the biggest official Pokemon site on the Net. The thing is bigger than NSider. They get most, if not ALL of their inside information from Japan itself, and they have famous VAs, such as Maddie Blaustein (who voiced Meowth in the 4Kids dub of Pokemon) as REGULARS there. And they never post anything until they can verify it themselves. Not to mention they are the most reliable source for exposing hoax information on the net. Of course we'll believe what they say. ;D

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    The game is on a next-gen system, arguably the most successful out of the three new systems thus far. So they should be tapping into the best graphics they possibly can. They should be pushing the Wii to its limits, seeing as this is one of Nintendo's signature games. But they didn't.
    I agree.

The other big issue is the lack of a plot in this one. I mean, who in their right mind buys an RPG that has no plot?! Seriously. Plot is one of the biggest things RPG fans look for in a new game. And here, it just doesn't seem to be there.
    But the problem is that PBR is not a RPG, it´s considered a fighting game, and the "fan boys" use that as an extra excuse for PBR not having a story line.

Fans like me have been waiting for a Wii Pokemon game since the system came out, and this is what we're expecting now? Are you kidding?
    That was the same thing I felt when I saw the finished game.

I seriously hope something is done about this before the release date.
    Too late. It was released in Japan some months ago.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    But the problem is that PBR is not a RPG, it´s considered a fighting game, and the "fan boys" use that as an extra excuse for PBR not having a story line.

If it's supposed to be a fighting game, then they should cut the BS and MAKE it a freaking fighting game, instead of using the traditional turn-based RPG-battle scheme seen in the other games.

And even still, regardless of what fans label this game as, the genre of the game is Role-Playing. Otherwise, you wouldn't find it here.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Bombsey said:
    ROM hacks are made for fun.

PBR was made by professionals.

Big difference.

I resent that comment... I've always felt anything has an art to it, and Rom Hacks... most of them look terrible, and yet people still go "Wow good graphics, or Nice hack." and the graphics look like pure total crap... Either they're really nice on the Rom hacking showcase, or they are blind... because 95% of those hacks need serious improvement. (I've noticed the majority of them all share tilesets...)

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    You try learning how to type properly in English, then you can try and insult me.

now for me to comment on your post...
    Ho-oh arabia said:
    ROM hacks are made by professionals!!!!!!
    Though I can tell you're being sarcastic, it really fails to make a point.

Ho-oh arabia said:
    U try making a rom hacks. It takes a LONG time!!!!
    OK, first it's "You try making a ROM Hack." and for your information I am making a ROM hack, and just like making nearly ANYTHING it takes a long time. But most ROM hacks here have no effort to them. I could go on and on, but it's not going to change anyones opinion on the game.

Now, as far as Pokemon Battle Revolution goes, in my opinion, I could probably say that it was a little lazy of Pokemon Company. But, I know for one that I wouldn't want to have to remodel everything over again, make 100 so new models, then model a bunch of freaking arenas and trainers and junk. You try making a 3D model, it's no walk in the park either.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Remember The English Versions Are Always Done Differently Just Wait Till That Comes Out
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Different? No, they just translate it.

But, I know for one that I wouldn't want to have to remodel everything over again, make 100 so new models, then model a bunch of freaking arenas and trainers and junk. You try making a 3D model, it's no walk in the park either.
    Not all of them, but they should have remodeled at last the entire first and second generation.
    And besides now they have high technology on their side, including scanners that can scan a real life object and transform
    it into a 3D model.
    For creating 3D models they can scan a sculpture of a pokémon and create a 3D model with it in some hours.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    including scanners that can scan a real life object and transform
    it into a 3D model.
    For creating 3D models they can scan a sculpture of a pokémon and create a 3D model with it in some hours.
    Awesome! I so want one! I didn't think that would be possible for another five or ten years! When did they get this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    ROM hacks are made by professionals!!!!!! U try making a rom hacks. It takes a LONG time!!!!

First, know what you're talking about before you assume. Game Maker (https://www.gamemaker.nl) is MUCH more complicated than ROM hacking. And your "professionals" also result to be beginners attempting to develop games by the use of pre-made resources. <_<;

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Since when did this topic turn into one about ROM hacks? I thought it was supposed to be about Battle Revolution...

halfling2

Breakfast Squid
    Years
    If anyone still wants to say anything about the square pokeball, I've seen things in architecture that represent a circular object but are square for some reason. I'm pretty sure it's an implement that's been around since humans first learned to carve.

I'm also slightly happy that they are using the old 3D models but upgrading them with new textures and stuff. If you think that Pokeveterans "deserve more", why don't you consider we're getting something called nostalgia? I personally can't wait to see Poliwhirl flexing while awaiting orders once again. It'll bring back memories.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Awesome! I so want one! I didn't think that would be possible for another five or ten years! When did they get this?
    It was created long ago (I think when they were creating
    TOY STORY 1), and it´s incredibly expensive, only big companies can afford one.

I'm also slightly happy that they are using the old 3D models but upgrading them with new textures and stuff.
    No, the ones that weren´t remodeled are still using the same 3D models AND THE SAME TEXTURES.

why don't you consider we're getting something called nostalgia?
    I have considered that and a lot more.
    Why burn your money with a Wii and PBR if you can get nostalgia playing Stadium 2 in a N64? XD

I personally can't wait to see Poliwhirl flexing while awaiting orders once again. It'll bring back memories.
    Now I got it.
    Let me explain, you are talking about the animations, the animations are just the same for the old pokémon (that´s why a Poliwhirl will flex it´s body while awaiting orders).
    I´m not against this, I´m against the FACT that some pokemons are using the same 3D models from 9 years ago, Nintendo 64 models in a Wii game.
    This means that the new pokemons will get amazing models and textures, but the old ones will be full of sharp corners.

mr_plow92

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2008
    I think so!
    I was watching some battles on youtube, and I noticed something disturbing...

*Although some pokemons looks fine (Charizard, Venusaur), others are COMPLETELY SQUARE !(Ledyan, Arcanine) Exectaly those from Stadium!

*In a battle with a Charizard against a Crobat, if u look to the background, there´s a fountain with a blue pokeball over it. That pokeball is a hexagon!
    In other battles u can notice the same bad construction...

*They use the voices from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

*The pokeball disapears in the trainer´s hand when the Pokemon is defeated.

*There´s no storage system

*There´s no story mode (although XD and colosseum´s story line is crap)

*Although u can dress up your trainer, you can´t change the face or the hair cut or color of your trainer. And games like the first "The Sims" can do it very well...

I hope the next Pokemon release they change these details...
    It´s not as good as I spected...
    What do you think?
    What is Wrong with you? I just went on Youtube and I watched a video. I loved I can't wait for this game to come out and I'm very excited about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back