• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    What is Wrong with you?
    I´m fine thanks
    I just went on Youtube and I watched a video.
    So you probably noticed this:

this:

this:

and this:

Seriously, you should pay more attention to these "details".

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Image 1: Intentional
    Image 2: Intentional
    Image 3: Intentional
    Image 4: Intentional
    Image 5: lol, you think that's a problem? Get over it. No, it's not porygon, so it doesn't need them angles, but it's real minor imo.

Last edited:

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Ohemgee. I had no idea minor graphics were SUCH a big problem. =O

Here, Acrof.

Here's a knife. Kill yourself with it, because life is so awful all because of Arcanines square feet, disappearing Pokeballs, Typhlosions fire spikes (Which are intended) and PokeHexgons.

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Umm... First offending Nintendo, then blaming ROM-hackers and fan game makers, then the post above me, which could be posted much sooner to prevent this sad end.

Let's explain something:

ROM-hacking: Modifying data of GBA cartidge Read-Only Memory to get different look, interact in alternate ways and this can be done in many ways. From HEX-editing along with using tools and combining the techniques to get professional-looking result.

Fan game making: Building the PC/Mac game inspired by some well-known formats like Pokémon, from zero, using quite similar game system and (but not in all cases) graphics and final goals.

Blaming someone for minor details, which, in most cases, were meant to be the way they are: Something which can really change thinking about a certain person.

Now something to the thread maker.
    I won't flame you. You aren't worth of it. I just tell you, that you might act like intelligent, but the problem is in the other place than in talking. Where, it's up to you.

After this post, I ask the thread maker to not send me offensing PMs and not to bother me anywhere.

Wish you all nice day/night.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Just for some people's note, Game Freak doesn't develop the home console Pokémon Games, Genius Sonority does.

Years

I can't believe no one's gotten this yet. That's not a hexagon. It's an octogon. It's got 8 sides. A hexagon has six.

I love correcting people mistakes. Anyway, I'm fine with PBR as long as you can battle people who aren't on your friends list with wi-fi.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Actually if you bother looking at any play videos on Youtube, you sorta realize that people aren't complaining and actually enjoying fighting random people on wi-fi.

I mean, Genius Sonority can't come up with good storylines even if they tried and mediocre graphics are their forte, so why not pick up the game and try to enjoy what you're given?

However I'd like to complain about the removal of the Multi-battle function please. I know, I'm acting like a hypocrite.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Once again, I said I'd stay out, but I have to say this:

I can't believe no one's gotten this yet. That's not a hexagon. It's an octogon. It's got 8 sides. A hexagon has six.

I love correcting people mistakes. Anyway, I'm fine with PBR as long as you can battle people who aren't on your friends list with wi-fi.

Count again. There're actually NINE sides. I also love correcting people's mistakes :).

Oh, one more thing:

acrof said:
    Calm down, it's just my perspective, and if don't agree with me, that's not my problem.

If that was the case, then you wouldn't have argued about it for the past 10 pages.

roxas123

Trainer
    Years
    There is only one thing in the entire PBR graphic system that really dissapoints me. Typhlosions fire spikes are infact horrible but thats not enough to get me to not buy it. I can't wait to play against my friends!

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
    Once again, I said I'd stay out, but I have to say this:

Count again. There're actually NINE sides. I also love correcting people's mistakes :).

Umm... completely ignoring the fact that it's a 3D object.

Arcof is being a whiny little kid. Heatran, that was just uncalled for.

It's NOT A FREAKING RPG!! Get over it! IT'S NOT A STANDALONE GAME!! Get over that as well; if you don't have D/P, this game is not for you.

Typhlosion's flame spikes are INTENTIONAL. They're like jets of flame that come out of his back. If they were made of the same fire that Charizard's tail had, THEY WOULDN'T BE SPIKES NOW WOULD THEY.

I'm taking a 3D modeling class at UCSD. It's hard stuff. Seriously, to all of you complaining, I'd like to see you make a red-done Arcanine. No? That's what I thought.

Katsume

iRawr'er
    Years
    I think so!
    I was watching some battles on youtube, and I noticed something disturbing...

*Although some pokemons looks fine (Charizard, Venusaur), others are COMPLETELY SQUARE !(Ledyan, Arcanine) Exectaly those from Stadium!

*In a battle with a Charizard against a Crobat, if u look to the background, there´s a fountain with a blue pokeball over it. That pokeball is a hexagon!
    In other battles u can notice the same bad construction...

*They use the voices from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

*The pokeball disapears in the trainer´s hand when the Pokemon is defeated.

*There´s no storage system

*There´s no story mode (although XD and colosseum´s story line is crap)

*Although u can dress up your trainer, you can´t change the face or the hair cut or color of your trainer. And games like the first "The Sims" can do it very well...

I hope the next Pokemon release they change these details...
    It´s not as good as I spected...
    What do you think?

It does look like a hexagon, doesn't it... Maybe they forgot to edit it out or something.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    acrof is being a whiny little kid. Heatran, that was just uncalled for.
    No, I´m just realist, how can a multi milionary company not be able to remodel N64 3D models?
    Also, they´ve got extra time to do that because they didn´t work on a story mode or mini-games, and besides it´s not one 3D modeler working alone it´s a whole (well paid) team of 3D moders

Typhlosion's flame spikes are INTENTIONAL.
    NO THEY ARE NOT!
    IT´S NOT INTETIONAL BECAUSE IT´S THE SAME 3D MODEL FROM STADIUM 2, I WOULD RECOGNIZE IT ANYWHERE.
    Even typhlosion´s flame being supposed to have spikes they could have redone it aswell.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    IT´S NOT INTETIONAL
    Even typhlosion´s flame being supposed to have spikes they could have redone it aswell.

Wow. You don't get it, do you?

Cyndaquil and Quilava resemble small porcupines. When they eventually evolve into Typhlosion, they keep the spikes from being "porcupines".

I rest my case. Now shut up about the fire spikes.

Edit: Also tell me how they couldv'e improved the fire spikes. Should they've made them rounder?

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    They can give it a new texture, that looks like fire, instead of a red and yellow piece of PAPER.
    Also it´s not only the flames, the whole pokemon model is square, the same from Stadium 2.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    But what if that's what they were intended to be, no? THIN fire spikes? Or should they look like some hokey spikes torn off of Bowsers evil castle?

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I will explain what they are doing to explain what they should do.
    This:
    (or something similar) is the texture they are using now, outdated, and don´t have any 3D to it.
    So when they put this texture in typhlosion´s 3D model, this texture will get the flames shape, like this:

But, if they change the original texture for another one more realistic, like this one:

The final result would be more realist aswell:

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Ooh, diagrams! Yeah... I don't see a large enough difference to make me make a thread about it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Okay, I've played the game, and I have to say: acrof is an overreacting kid. The graphics are fine, if not better. Most are greatly improved compared to the GCN models.

Oh, and I checked on some of these things that acrof has been bugging us about:

Typhlosion's model...not a big deal.

"Disappearing" Pokeball...actually doesn't disappear. Check for yourself.

Pokeball in background...I haven't noticed yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back