• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad reasons to play a video game?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Well sweeties, the number 1 reason I hate people use the bad excuse to not play a game. That's not a valid excuse, in the slightest bit.

One excuse I am guilty of, and a little ashamed to admit is that I don't want to play a game that's overly popular and is not from Nintendo or Valve. This usually applies to FPS such as Call of Duty, Halo, etc. Maybe it's due to the nature of their fanbases.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I sometimes won't play a game if it's not in the correct view and what I mean by that is having a game that should be first person view or third but instead has an aerial view. I used to not want to try final fantasy 12 because of the change in the battle system but that game showed me that change can be a good thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Hmm...probably when people look at a game cover/trailer and say that the art looks like its for kids, or that the art looks weird and therefore the story must suck so they won't play it.

Or like how before a game comes out people say the game looks like it sucks or,if its a series, that it won't be better than [insert past game in series]. coughSkywardSwordcough

Or when people don't play a game because its on the Wii/Xbox/PS3/Dreamcast/NDS/whatever. Or if its created by a company they hate like Valve/Atlus/Square Enix/Nintendo.

Oh, and when people don't play games because its not old/new enough. Sometimes I'm guilty of this, Like I might not play a game because it came out in 1980 and it looks like a really bad game even though it might actually be good.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • Playing a game just because everyone else plays it is one of the worst reasons I know of for playing a game - I know people who buy games like Call of Duty and Halo Reach just because all their friends have it, and it's the "cool" thing to play.

...although on the flip side of this, there is refusing to play a game just because everyone else does and you don't want to go with the crowd or be caught up in the hype.

Bohemian_Rhapsody

Professional Daydreamer
    Years
  • I think a bad reason to play a video game is because you wanted to prove something. Like "Oh I'm not just a [insert label here], I played this game before." or "I'm totally a gamer. See I played this one game." If you feel the need to prove to others that you like to play video games, you're kind of missing the point of them. Unless you showing how awesome you are at them which is a completely different story.

A bad reason to not play a video game for me would probably be the opposite of the above. Like "I'm not a gamer so I'm not even going to bother trying out one game." It's getting harder and harder for people not to find any game for them to like, if there is any at all.

Years
  • U wont believe this one!!
    A friend and I were trying to get another friend to play uncharted but he kept refusing. His reason? "Because the jumping looks stupid"
    I face palmed....big time lol

Back