• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad Weather, Natural Disasters?

Years
  • California, home of earthquakes, and sometimes droughts, fires, or floods. But mostly earthquakes.

the place where i live there are no disastars thank dear God the hardest thing that might hit is a rainstorm and i don't mind that at all.
    Where in the world do you live?

Years
  • I live in Seattle, so we get rain, strong rain at times, we also get high winds. Certain winters we will get snow storms that practically shuts down the city, it makes it too dangerous to drive.

Living in the Pacific Northwest, some of the surrounding communities will get floods. Earthquakes at times.

According to Geologist, we should get a strong Mega-thrust earthquake every 100 years or so, the last one was in 134 years ago, so my area is overdue for one. Mega-thrust can produce earthquakes higher than 9.0. Most of the Pacific Northwest sits on top of the Cascadia Plate, which is sub-ducting on top of the Pacific Plate.

Living just north of there (British Columbia), we get the same kind of weather, although not much flooding around here. There have been a few earthquakes lately that have been far enough off the coast that it hasn't really affected anyone, but I think we're all just waiting for "the big one" to happen.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Our country is just beside the Pacific Ocean, so we get storms a lot. Thunder strikes accompanied by rain, landslides and floods often occur, but thankfully those stuff don't happen in our area.

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • In Australia, we're generally a non-disaster zone but we do have quite a few bushfires since I live near a National Park. There's the odd severe thunderstorm although usually they only last a couple of minutes the most and heavy rain. Although rarely we do get hail.

But no earthquakes or tsunamis, eruptions as far as I know :D.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • We only get earthquakes. It's Desert California, so the only stuff I get here are heat waves and monsoonal thunderstorms. Not much, really.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Does rain count as bad weather? because we never stop getting rain. We haven't really had any natural disasters, so that's okay.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Florida, so it's normal to expect hurricanes here. Though it's not so bad, at least not around my area.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
    Years
  • Does rain count as bad weather? because we never stop getting rain. We haven't really had any natural disasters, so that's okay.

I don't call rain as 'bad' weather. I'd say Sunny, Rainy or Windy days are 'normal' and not bad weather.

I live in Sydney. It's very rare to get any disasters here. Usually it's just nice and sunny and every now and then it rains a lot for about a day or two and then goes back to being sunny. No hurricanes or floods or tornadoes hit Sydney at all. Very rarely I guess you might get a big thunderstorm, but thats it. Pretty thankful for where I live, when I think about it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Blizzards and ice storms in winter are the worst we get - made worse by the fact that (a) our power company is very slow to react when power goes out, and (b) people here still drive like idiots in the snow and ice despite having to deal with it every winter. During the summer we get our fair share of thunderstorms but they're rarely serious. We're too far inland to get the damaging major impact from hurricanes, and I think we were in imminent danger of a tornado once here in my lifetime.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I feel bad, we only really get thunderstorms and bushfires aren't really anywhere near me. :x Although they are in this state! The worst storm we ever had was like two years ago and the worst it did was heavily dent a lot of cars with hail lmao.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Lots and lots of ice storms. Blizzards sometimes, too but still not as common as the ice storms u_u

During the summer we usually get thunderstorms and a few tornadoes, but it feels like we haven't been getting a lot the past couple years. We did have a nasty tornado in March that really tore through one city near Detroit, though.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I'm jealous of you yos because you have natural disasters.

I really love earthquake because the vibration makes me feel good.
    I wanna bath with strong rains and flash floods and I don't have to fill the bathtub.
    I wanna roar with thunderstorms.
    I want to fly with tornadoes.
    I want to surf with tsunami and get as high as I can.
    I want to make ice cones in a snow storm.
    I wanna cook BBQ in a bushfire so that I don't have to spend gas.
    I want to play hide & seek in the fog/sandstorms.

You guys should be lucky because these exist and you can make out of good things with these natural disasters yo. They're there for a reason that' why it' called natural yo.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Other than Sandy, Irene, and some weak tornado I remember getting when I was in the 6th grade during school, we don't get natural disasters past severe thunderstorms, which I don't take to be as severe as a natural disaster.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Some tornadoes and thunderstorms during summer. We were hit with the most recent hurricane, but there wasn't much damage.

The tornadoes aren't too strong, honestly (unless you live in a trailer). We haven't had to go to the basement in years. Instead, we stay on the first floor and get the cats ready just in case we have to retreat. Monitoring the weather channel and watching the sky outside.

Sandy hit all of my state, but didn't do much damage to my house or anything. Some downed branches from the tree and water got into the attic. The night it hit the hardest, I went out into the street to feel the wind and rain. It was pretty amazing.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Sometimes it snows in Winter, and sometimes it rains, but that's about it. No superstorms, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no droughts or floods or anything like that. London is really boring when it comes to weather. Boring and cold.

Back