• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Badge Discussion.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Badge Discussion.
    O.M.G How I love this badge <3 <3 <3 It is a beauty, a masterpiece and has the most awesome, majestic design, with a splendid colour combination and a suited, creative name. lol big words XD

As for the others, I don't like the new oblong rectangular desgn :/ I liked the free ranging designs every other region had. But the legend badge's design make it look different from the others, probably because of it's free ranging look.

Rant time.

Jet badge has an awful God forsaken colour combo, basic badge lives up to it's name unfortunately, very unappealing, Beetle badge is just.... bad colouring, bad shaping, bad name, quake badge has nothing appealing and looks broken, Icicle badge, curse it's name forever, has the same name as Candice's more awesome coloured Icicle badge (colours suit the type).

The first badge is okay.... a circle shaping would have made it prettier and more suited for the three colour combo, Bolt badge is really good though so I like it. Nice shape, colours and name.

Sooo all in all I only like Bolt and Legend badge. I would have liked Icicle badge if it had appropriate colours and if it didn't steal Candice's badge name. Icicle was already taken so, shame on that badge >:(

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
    Years
    Hmm...
    I honestly like them all.
    But in particular, I enjoy the Trio Badge and Unova's Icicle Badge.
    The Trio Badge has the JUST RIGHT amount of color for my taste and an otherwise simplistic design.
    The (Unova) Icicle Badge's design just kicks butt. Granted, it doesn't really represent the type very well, but IT LOOKS AWESOME.
    It's so awesome, my ears are bleeding.

However, the skinny design brought up by a few people already kind of trick my terrible eyes and I squint whenever I look at them. Maybe if they were a LITTLE thicker, they'd be absolutely perfect.

Venomoth Z

Lazy Trainer
    Years
    I don't really mind the thin badges (something different in my opinion), and it works since its a different region thats isolated, so it makes sense that the badges would be a little different.

The Jet Badge is by far my favorite, l hate the basic badge, thats just too thin for my liking, same as the trio badge, other than that l really don't mind any of the others. These badges seem to have a lot more detail put into the design then any of the other badges from the previous gen's.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    They all look so pretty~ It seems to me like there's a lot more to the design of these badges then past ones; it looks like there's more detailing, so they look more realistic to me. The Bolt Badge is my favourite; it fits the new skinny design the best. (:

Back