• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Badges of hoenn and jotho

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hi guys I want to tell you that I am hacking fire red ROM and making anime ROM hack of ash journey from kanto to hoeen region but fire red contain only kanto region badges command and I want to ad jotho and hoenn region badges command also and I want to make the place for jotho and hoenn region badges in tainner card so guys replay how to do this in fire red rom

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • There's a 0% chance you'll ever finish a hack with 3 regions so don't worry about it.

rude much...

Hi guys I want to tell you that I am hacking fire red ROM and making anime ROM hack of ash journey from kanto to hoeen region but fire red contain only kanto region badges command and I want to ad jotho and hoenn region badges command also and I want to make the place for jotho and hoenn region badges in tainner card so guys replay how to do this in fire red rom

not sure if this is possible, i haven't seen a hack with more than the standard 8 badges let alone 24. this would be very complicated to do, if it could be done, and would definitely require a lot of asm. you'd also have to insert images of all the badges into the rom, then you'd have to change the trainer card image, then you'd have to find a way of the trainer card only showing the badges when you have them, all of this would be a giant pain in the butt and way too much work for only an aesthetic change

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Like PurpleOrange said, it's hard to get this done. Inserting new badge images as well as changing the Trainer Card image is all still doable, but actually changing the coding so it will check extra variables and show badges 9-24 is very complicated and only possible through ASM. An easier albeit less professional workaround would be adding the other badges as items and storing them in the Key Items pocket, since you can still check if the player has them or not that way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Go to 0x083A7360.

The bytes should read B5 F4 06 08.

That's your routine + 1. Disassemble and have fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Like PurpleOrange said, it's hard to get this done. Inserting new badge images as well as changing the Trainer Card image is all still doable, but actually changing the coding so it will check extra variables and show badges 9-24 is very complicated and only possible through ASM. An easier albeit less professional workaround would be adding the other badges as items and storing them in the Key Items pocket, since you can still check if the player has them or not that way.
    Without ASM is there is any way because I don't know a ASM

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hey without ASM is there is any way to do this because I don't know ASM
    I see that you thought it prudent to quote three different people and ask the same question three times in three separate posts. You might even get three answers, but they're all going to be the same.

No. If you want to do it, you'll need ASM.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Guys I know that only way is remaining is to learn by my self no one is ready to work with me. If I will be there I will help others but thanks who support me in this and I started learning ASM for my hack

Years
  • ASM isn't complicated. Inserting it at least. It's literally just typing in numbers in the right places.

If you go the ASM help thread, FBI Agent may help you in finding the right offsets and such to edit.

The best way to put in 16 would be to use Ruby or Emerald because of the Frontier Pass, but adding another 8 will have to be a little different. Like somebody above said, it's much easier to just create key items.

For three regions Emerald would be better. I believe it has more space. Though, the only person to have done that so far is redrider in Glazed. And his third region was hardly a region. You have to remember that roms only have so much space. Then you bring in factors like the level curve, finishing it in under five years, and players getting bored.

Your best route would be to make a Kanto/Johto hack, or Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto hack.

That's another thing. Johto's story makes no sense without the Orange Islands.

Good luck in your hacking future!

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • ASM isn't complicated. Inserting it at least. It's literally just typing in numbers in the right places.

If you go the ASM help thread, FBI Agent may help you in finding the right offsets and such to edit.

The best way to put in 16 would be to use Ruby or Emerald because of the Frontier Pass, but adding another 8 will have to be a little different. Like somebody above said, it's much easier to just create key items.

For three regions Emerald would be better. I believe it has more space. Though, the only person to have done that so far is redrider in Glazed. And his third region was hardly a region. You have to remember that roms only have so much space. Then you bring in factors like the level curve, finishing it in under five years, and players getting bored.

Your best route would be to make a Kanto/Johto hack, or Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto hack.

That's another thing. Johto's story makes no sense without the Orange Islands.

Good luck in your hacking future!

Though the Rankor region was the third region, it was made up like five or six islands, so it was technically two regions plus some islands. But I do agree, Emerald is probably better, but for Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, AND Hoenn is a lot, and I doubt that all of that, with 350+ events and stuff man, I don't think it's possible to fit all of that into GBA, man

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Though the Rankor region was the third region, it was made up like five or six islands, so it was technically two regions plus some islands. But I do agree, Emerald is probably better, but for Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, AND Hoenn is a lot, and I doubt that all of that, with 350+ events and stuff man, I don't think it's possible to fit all of that into GBA, man
    Hope fully it will be possible if not I will decide my game into 2 parts

Back