• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Balloon/Flying Pikachu???

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
  • ya i agree probly just a new rumor flyin about...but then again...*ties Pikachu to 10 balloons* now go Pika...chu? *looks up at Pikachu flying away* oops... :paranoid:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Just because something can be found in the card game doesn't mean it's in the gameboy too... I don't see any Kingdra EX on my sapphire version.

The only pok?mon that exist in RBY- the original 151 and nothing more, well along with missingno bug ;p

K-3.1416

Entrenador Mexicano
    Years
  • "Any one knows how to get Birthday Pikachu on Pok?mon Yellow?" :laugh:

Well pika-mew, how do you imagine Balloon Pikachu in the Game?, make a hack rom and create it if everyone else says to you that Balloon Pikachu doesn't appear..., mmm, and btw, would you create Brthday Pikachu too? :P

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Just because something can be found in the card game doesn't mean it's in the gameboy too... I don't see any Kingdra EX on my sapphire version.

The only pok?mon that exist in RBY- the original 151 and nothing more, well along with missingno bug ;p
    I don't mean a Pokemon with another Pokedex data, and I had no idea it was also a card...... I mean like the one in Yellow's intro, and like the one in Snap. Since Surfing Pikachu was in the intro, since it was in Snap, and since it's real (was sooo close to getting one in Stadium) I wonder if Balloony's real? But yeah, most likely not. :disappoin

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Pokemaniac777 said:
    There is a part in pokemon snap (in the creepy cave) if pikachu gets free from a zubat that's carrying it around, it'll float down with balloons on its back.
    *sees how many posts 777 has* Welcome to this site!!! Yeah, that was the Snap thing I was referring to.

The Archaic Adept

Master of Ages Past
    Years
  • It's pretty obvious there's no flying Pikachu in RBY. That would be ridiculous (albeit cool). You could use a gameshark (a useful tool, try catching a perfect stat pokemon without it) and teach a Pikachu fly, though. It's actually quite fun to do this and watch what happens in Stadium when you use the attack, I had a Recovering Dragonite once.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • well surfing pikachu is posible. l hav it on my yellow and its really cool on stadium.-pikachu gets on a surfboard and uses surf-.its a good idea to destroy electrical pokemons only enemies the ground.=O

123hi45

Sora is the coolest
    Years
  • surfing pikachu... that was fun. did u ever play the mini game with surfing pikachu? *scratcheshead trying to remember how u do it* ill get back to u on this. i gotta go find my yellow version

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2004
    Both are possible

Actually, both Flying and Surfing Pikachu are possible. For both of them you need the first Pokemon Stadium.

For the Surfing Pikachu, you need to unlock the second Round, and fight the Prime cup in Master level, having a Pikachu from your Red, Blue or Yellow version in all of the battles -which makes this work tough, but you may use Mewtwo for making it easier-. Pikachu must not faint in any of the battles -meaning you can't lose any of the battles, and no continues are allowed-. Also, you can't use a registered Pikachu: you have to chose the Pikachu directly from the Gamboy gamepack. When you finish the Master cup of the Prime cup in Round two with all of the specifications, a surfing Pikachu will appear on screen. You are now able to teach it Surf -but only to that Pikachu.

As for Flying Pikachu, in the Main menu you have to enter Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, START. Now you're done. ^_^'

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • WOAH!!! this is an extremely ancient thread please please please dont revive old threads, you can tell by the date how long ago this thread was active, if it is over a month old, please dont post in it ^_^

Back