• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bambi II

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years

*is speechless*

And that just marked the end of a good company.

Good bye Disney, RIP. You were good in the 90's, but now you're just sad.

*worships Lion King*

figglychu

weedles and pichus pwn!
    Years
    *wanders in "she's alive!" in the background*
    Bambi 2 really SOUNDS good because I always used to wonder what DID happen to bambi, but now that it's coming out, I don't want Disney to blow this one. they better not.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ashley, I completely agree with you; the Aladdin and Rescuers Down Under sequels are the only good sequels that Disney has ever made.

Simply put, their animation is fading in popularity and as they slowly realize the futility of releasing new animated features destined to fail they have no option but to use the pre-existing classics that children are brought up on and that parents know full well the quality of to attract business...it may not be right, it may not be respectful to veteran fans, but Disney doesn't care; like all other television networks, deep down they're in it for the money, and seeing as they market mostly to children and tweens, they know more than anyone that they'll buy almost anything.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I love Disney animated movies but when they make seques of old movies then it is just sad. I mean let them have respect and let them fade in peace. Release them on DVD and let us have them digitally and not on VHS but don't make seques of them that are horrible. Let them have respect. Don't make us hate the things we love as a child.

If a seque is out on DVD first thne most likely it will be bad. I mean if it came out in thearters first then we know Disney has faith in it. I mean you know Disney knows it is a horrible movie when they release it on DVD first with putting it in thearters.

Money is the root of all evil. These last couple of weeks are proving that.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I wish they had it in theatres, too ><'
    But, i still really want to see the movie, It seems so awesome =D
    ^^; So i am still really hoping that i get to see it~

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Ashley, I completely agree with you; the Aladdin and Rescuers Down Under sequels are the only good sequels that Disney has ever made.
    Mulan II, Lion King II, Toy Story 2, those were all pretty good movies, and with TS2 it was a lot better than the first one. Disney's never really cared about vet fans, not since Disney himself died, they've always tried to cash in on the children.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Kazuhito said:
    Mulan II, Lion King II, Toy Story 2, those were all pretty good movies, and with TS2 it was a lot better than the first one. Disney's never really cared about vet fans, not since Disney himself died, they've always tried to cash in on the children.
    ...There IS a Mulan 2?

*dies*

Okay, I am really fed up with all these sequels. Like, say, Cinderella 2. How the heck can you make a freaking sequel?

"And they all lived happily ever after...BUT NOW WE'RE MAKING A SEQUEL!"

...@_@

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    I absolutely ADORED the first Bambi (it came second best compared to Lion King). But knowing how bad and idiotic Disney makes the sequals, (save for Toy Story 2, that was good) the same will go for this one. Bah, they should just stop ruining the classics and THINK OF SOMETHING KNEW TO EARN MONEY WITH BESIDES LOWSY SEQUALS! >.<

I refuse to rent it or see it...the Lion King 2 was bad (in my opinion), and all the Beauty and the Beast...things, and Lilo and Stitch 2 and...well, I hope you understand where I'm going with this.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kazuhito said:

Admittedly I haven't seen Mulan II, I completely forgot about Lion King II (and I'll admit it was quality despite my aversion to the Lion King franchise), and I don't consider any of the Pixar movies in my judgement because I'm only considering traditionally-animated features....

Actually, even though Walt died in 196(5?), their movies, for the most part, maintained their level of quality...their second golden age even came in the early 1990s with Little Mermaid/Aladdin/Beauty and the Beast, and from there on everything became mindless kiddie fodder, with the exceptions of Mulan and The Emperor's New Groove...all of their movies have been kid-friendly, it's just that they're not enjoyable for the entire family anymore, which is the big difference...

Just think of The Black Cauldron...it was immediately pulled from theaters because it was something that older people would enjoy, but Disney was afraid that it would scare children and therefore put a negative image of Disney in the minds of kids and concerned parents...even though it was quality (except for showing some remaining vestiges of their 1960s-area (un)stylized crap), it didn't matter for anything.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    o.o

Well, I got it. And I watched it right away.

It was very cute, but nothing like the orignal one.

It could have been my imagination, but I saw a lot of similarities to Lion King O.O

And everyone's voice sounded very different. I guess that is to be espected, because the orignal was made in 1941.

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
    I like Disney films alot and definitely want Bambi II.I liked the first one alot so i probably will like the second one.Problem is i'm way to embarrased to tell my mum i want it so i'll just have to go in town by myself and buy it.

Years
    Rai said:
    It could have been my imagination, but I saw a lot of similarities to Lion King O.O

You aren't the only one. The great Prince sounded a lot like Mufasha in my mind, and that one new deer, what's his face, reminded me of Kovu. There were a couple of other things in there that also reminded me of Lion King, just can't remember exactly what at the moment.

All in all, I liked the movie a lot

by the way..the previews..O.o..fox and the hound 2, Brother Bear 2? WTF?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    That's just what I thought! That lil' deer was just like Kovu!!

The movie was cute, but kinda corny o.o;

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    zonic the hedgehog said:
    Something I just noticed:

Didn't Bambi Jr. have a sister? I remember the ending to the first Bambi movie ended with Filipe and Bambi Sr. having two fawns, one female, and one male.

Is his sister even shown here? If she isn't, they must've forgotten about "continuity."

Oh, and I also remember that Flower (the skunk) named his son Bambi.
    Wouldn't it get confusing when Bambi Sr. and Flower have their kids with the same names?

Also, I remember something about this movie saying that Thumper also named his son Thumper. Although in the original, he named his son Hopper, I think.

Still, WTF? o_O
    That's sorta confusing...

@-@ I litteraly got dizzy reading that.

I haven't seen Bambi in a LOOONG time... I MIGHT see this one. I like it when Thumper goes:

"Guess whose afraaaaid~! You can not JUUUUUUUMP~!"

=P

Back