• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen ban cheating!!!

Years
    You cant ban cheating because its always going to happen, Even if they did people would just hack there games.

Anyways theres never been a Nintendo Event near me and I bet its the same for a lot of other people so how else are we supposed to get event Pokemon like Jirachi?

~Canine Munch

Jaden EX

...< Go Ultra Pokeball!!!
    Years
    I'm going to Agree with Everyone else, there isnt going to be any Stopping to Cheating. Plus, It Doesn't Matter Wheater someone Likes to Shark pokemon, or all that stuff or not. There's Going to be no Stopping people who Like Cheating, and There isn't going to be Stopping people who Don't like to cheat. Does it make it Any Better by Complaining? No, End Of point. "'Alternivel Point"", is are you going to get arreseted for Cheating or not, No.

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    All this talk sorta sounds like "a deal with the devil".

Cheating for event pokemon I don't mind, but when I play for 14 hours to train and you play for 15 minutes, I find that unfair, like what Smarties-kun said. And please, don't start saying that I find pokemon "a way of life", cause I don't. I'm just a fan, and like taking responsibility for my work, or whatever I do. What is small to you is big to others so respect that.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    being ban from cheating is harsh yo
    even though i do not cheat
    anyway they cheat.....there responsibilities
    so that means if there game got deleted
    that's there problem not us

Sir Aaron

Master Trainer
    Years
    Um... and I care about your opinion, why? I don't play pokemon for pride. If I want a Jirachi, I'm gonna 'shark it. If you or anyone else doesn't like it, it isn't my problem. Mind your own business. Some people like cheating. You don't have to rant and get all obsessive about how it supposedly makes the game less fun and enjoyable. If you wish to believe your ignorant "facts", it's your decision. Don't shove it down other's throats.

And... Game genie? that makes me seriously believe you have no idea what you're talking about.

I agree with Kenji-kun.
    I used a gameshark to get all of Johto starter final forms
    all lvl 77 with maxed out stats

GOD BLESS US CHEATERS AND AMERICA!!

sims796

Years
    I agree with Kenji-kun.
    I used a gameshark to get all of Johto starter final forms
    all lvl 77 with maxed out stats

GOD BLESS US CHEATERS AND AMERICA!!

Cheat if you want. Whatever floats your boat. I damn sure ain't going to waste my $2 on my metro to get a stupid event pokemon. Personally, I don't cheat, but if you do, go on ahead. It ain't gonna ruin my game. Not like we all win something like the lottery.

But, if we do battle together, don't use your pokemon with maxed out stats, that you cheated to make. I don't own a cheating device, so it wouldn't really be fair. And if Nintendo ever has a "Best Trainer" title and a cheater gets it, then I care, cause it effects me. I play for 4 hours and you for 4 minutes, and get something like that, unfair. Not like it's gonna happen though.

But yes, cheat if you like. It's your game that you paid for, I just don't do it. GOD BLESS AMERICA (if your not from America, well God bless you to)

Last edited:

nguyende

Student
    Years
    i think we shouldnt use gamesharks\action replay consoles\game genies ect ect. because wheres the pride in that ? i believe in legit pokemon only

I'm with you! Well, not as much that pride thing, but I agree with not using hacking systems. It's not like you gain a super-ultimate TM or anything for completing your the NationalDex, and hacking systems can possibly harm your game... Besides that, I don't see much gain from it. It's not like I'll feel good from obtaining even Pokémon that way, and what's the fun of "maxed out" stats? Beating someone in a pkmn battle with maxed out stats is like... Picking up a soccerball, walking up the the net, kicking the goalie out the way and throwig the ball in the net... I find it just makes things pointless... Of course, these are only my opinions... I doubt anyone out there cares, lol:P

And I disagree with the banning thing... That's a little, well, harsh... Other people using hacking systems won't harm us, will it? (unless they use pkmn with "max stats" or something to win... the i'd be a little angry). Those out there (and I know there are A LOT of you) who use hacking systems, go ahead... You're entitled to your own thoughts and opinions. You can even battle me with your hacked pkmn if you wanted... As long as you trained them yourself and didn't use infinite Rare Candies and such. :\

sims796

Years
    I'm with you! Well, not as much that pride thing, but I agree with not using hacking systems. It's not like you gain a super-ultimate TM or anything for completing your the NationalDex, and hacking systems can possibly harm your game... Besides that, I don't see much gain from it. It's not like I'll feel good from obtaining even Pokémon that way, and what's the fun of "maxed out" stats? Beating someone in a pkmn battle with maxed out stats is like... Picking up a soccerball, walking up the the net, kicking the goalie out the way and throwig the ball in the net... I find it just makes things pointless... Of course, these are only my opinions... I doubt anyone out there cares, lol:P

And I disagree with the banning thing... That's a little, well, harsh... Other people using hacking systems won't harm us, will it? (unless they use pkmn with "max stats" or something to win... the i'd be a little angry). Those out there (and I know there are A LOT of you) who use hacking systems, go ahead... You're entitled to your own thoughts and opinions. You can even battle me with your hacked pkmn if you wanted... As long as you trained them yourself and didn't use infinite Rare Candies and such. :\

I couldn't agree more. If you wanna cheat, go ahead. Whatever you do to your game that you paid money for doesn't affect me in any way. Just don't play me with over-powered cheated Pokemon, cause I don't have those.

And Sir Aaron, I never said everyone must think my way. Just shouting my opinion like everyone else on this forum. If you have your own view fine, but I never even disagreed with you anyway. Hell, I'm saying go ahead & cheat, I just don't do it myself.

And when I said GOD BLESS AMERICA (if your not from America, well God bless you to), I wasn't speaking to just you. I'm refering anyone who happens to read this thread. Don't take it personally.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I couldn't agree more. If you wanna cheat, go ahead. Whatever you do to your game that you paid money for doesn't affect me in any way. Just don't play me with over-powered cheated Pokemon, cause I don't have those.

Yep, i see it like that as well. Me and my friends have the same opinion for this. When we battle we have the rules like in the battle tower/Battle Frontier and no hacked Pokemon of any kind

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Years
    Crystalline Rayquaza, you're...RIGHT! This is a thing I am thinking for years! Only cheaters use gamesharks, because if you do THAT things to games (see youtube for more informations), YOu'de not buy the games. For example, I won't buy Diamond or Pearl, because I can't stand catching, trading, evolving over 400 Pokemon. So, I'll simply buy Pokemon Ranger. No tricks, No cheats and No codes

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Emperor Darius you do make a point and it makes alot of sense. I've never thought of it like that but since I'm a HXC Pokemon fan I must get all of the games. Some people may feel the way I do and if they cheat, they are wasting there enjoyment of there game and which they wasted money on

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Sir Aaron

Master Trainer
    Years

Mostly I use it to get rare pokemon plus I deacitved max out cheats and removed them from my gameshark

sims796

Years
    Emperor Dargius, I agree with youto a point. Sure, I feel its a waste to cheat, I feel it ruins the game. Bu who cares? If they wanna cheat, let them. Some people love Diamond/Pearl, but don't feel like training close to 500 pokmon, like you said. So if they wanna spend the extra 25 bucks on a gameshark, or whatever it is to use to cheat, go right on ahead. It isn't fair to them to tell them how to enjoy a game.

If Sir Aaron decides to cheat to get rare pokemon, why shouldn't he? It isn't up to me to tell him how he should play HIS game. It also isn't up to me to tell him whether or not he should cheat to max his pokemon out. Its his game, if he enjoys it like that, go right on ahead, just please don't batle me with those, then it wouldn't be fair.

If this was like XBOX LIVE with its achievment points, then I care. I work for a high score, but you cheat and get declared best? Unfair. But its not. Its your own personal game, not affecting anybody, so cheat if you want.

Last edited:

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    As for me, I would only use Action Replay to get Event Pokemon as I live far north and therefore unable to attend any Pokemon Events. Apart from that, I would never use my AR for anything else (I did use it once to get all the berries, but my game got corrupted. I sure learned my lesson after that).

So please, everyone has a reason to use cheat carts. I don't care about maxing out my Pokemon's stats or getting infinite items. I just want to get my fave Pokemon (Mew being one). Does that sound bad to anyone?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I believe in cheating only for getting event Pokémon, but to alter stats, moves, or whatever you use against someone in a battle, it's dissapointing. To have a good team means you put a lot of effort, and if you cheat, you don't.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    i will cheat (if i had a game shark) only to get legends that i have to go 50 miles for only the mew toys r us thing was anywhere near me. but yea level 5 rattata takes out a level 100 mewtwo with fire blast come on thats just dumb

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
    Personally, I don't cheat, but my brother does. So I get the illegit pokemon off of him, dex them, and if I don't plan on using them and he doesn't want them back, throw them on the GTS to be someone else's problem. For instance, I had a level 10 Jirachi with maxed out stats and caught at Aqua Hideout- I threw it up on the GTS for a female Snorlax. Someone was happy about that one, and now I'm happy because I can get a munchlax, which I want more than a jirachi. I would never use an illegit pokemon against someone who bothered to play all 150 hours of the game to train thier pokemon, and then take them out like that. As for banning, heck no. Some of us, as stated before, can't get to the events to get the "rare pokemon". I woulnd't be able to dex any of the event pokemon if there weren't game sharks.

Back