• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bands/Artists from the UK

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Everyone can answer this but it's aimed a little more at the people outside of the UK. Is there any bands or solo artists from the UK that you like? If so, which ones are your favourites? I'd list mine but I have too many! Haha.

Years
    I like mostly every artist who is in the charts at the moment. Some of my faves - Dizzee Rascal, Alexandra Burke, Ellie Goulding. ;)

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Yes I like Stephanie Kirkham. And Alice Martineau who sadly died of an illness. And also lots of others.

I prefer music from France though it is better.

I've never heard of them, although I will give those videos a look - I'm always keen to add to my music library!
    I've never really heard any music from France, maybe you could message me some recommendations? (since this is a UK thread :P)

Foals. Foals. Foals. Foals. Foals. Foals. Foals. Foals.

And the Klaxons. And Keane. :)

KLAXONS! Awesome band, Golden Skans is my song ;)
    Foals & Keane are both great bands too and I have both in my itunes :D

Has anyone heard of the follwing bands? An if you have, do you like them?
    Kasabian? The Courteeners? Biffy Clyro? Snow Patrol? Arctic Monkeys? Editors?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    98% of the music on my iTunes library is by UK artists.

I like/can tolerate most of the bands already listed in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Being a typical westerner, most of the bands I listen to are either from North America or the UK. Most of my favourite artists are from the UK, although I think that's unrelated to the fact I'm British myself... seeing as I only listen to what I find on the internet rather than the radio or TV.
    Anyway, my favourite UK artists are: Radiohead, Jesu, Elbow, Joy Division, Massive Attack, David Bowie, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Muse, The Smiths, Black Sabbath, Genesis and Yes.
    I think Britain had better artists in the decades before 2000; as for the 00's, I feel that the USA has definitely been producing much more good quality music.

Years
    Rolling Stones
    The Clash
    U2
    Lisa Lashes

^ are the ones at top of my head. Most music I like faces European/overseas origins.

Years
    Favourite bands from UK? Definitely Foals and The Edmund Fitzgerald. They're my two top bands from the UK, but there's other good ones, like for example Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Delphic, Arctic Monkeys and Sex Pistols.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Rolling Stones
    The Clash
    U2
    Lisa Lashes

^ are the ones at top of my head. Most music I like faces European/overseas origins.

Just thought I should point out, I'd advise against telling any Irish people you like U2 as a British band. Look it up to see why. ;D

But its nice that UK talent is being appreciated by overseas people. The thing is, especially with pop stars (which irritate me most of the time) from the UK seem to have this obsession with "cracking America" (ergo forging a career in the USA and being appreciated for their music over there) which, while I have nothing against Americans whatsoever, mainly for one massive reason I cannot disclose here, I feel that UIK acts should not be so focussed on being thrust into the faces of US audiences and run the risk of neglefcting their own country.

Years
    I'm pretty sure Bloc Party is from the UK..

They sure are.

Well liking a range of music and being from England I obviously like too many UK artists to list.

Its a shame our music isn't as appreciated in the US as their music is here.

But liking a range of music I'll lay down some artists from a few genres so people outside the UK can look them up.

Rap/Hip-Hop/Grime/Etc. : Dizzee Rascal, Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder.
    Rock/Indie/Alternative/Etc. : Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Stereophonics.
    People also generally popular at the moment which I like : Roll Deep, Professor Green.

Have no idea if any of these are heard of outside our nation.

EDIT: Not forgetting Hadouken!

Last edited:
    Back