• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (hit or tragedy?)

Years
    The media embargo was lifted today. Some images had already been leaked, and now its long-secretive gameplay is visible, working in a way nobody expected.

Official Site

New Trailer

See for yourself. I personally think it's merely a Banjo for newbies to the series covered witha few aesthetic elements for the nostalgia factor. Nothing a real hardcore BK fan would have wanted... It's my humble opinion. What's yours?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Oh boy, I knew you would post this. :D

I've been so excited for Banjo-Kazooie for the Xbox 360. Almost since the second one ended and promised a third. It's extremely disappointing to see they didn't go with "Threeie" as originally stated in the second game and whether they switched platforms or not doesn't change that. It should have been true to the originals and kept with the amazing formula in those, not this ridiculous airplane junk.

I also hear that Mumbo Jumbo will not be a shaman in this game, but a mechanic. :/ It really doesn't sound like the same Banjos as before, but more of a cop-out for more cash. If Rare had really wanted to please their fans, they would have made a true successor. Not this "super cool airplane game", which honestly sounds like another Mario Kart/Diddy Kong Racing, with more flash and storyline.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I saw one screenshot of Banjo in a town, along with several other animal characters, so I assume there will be an overworld just as in the other Banjo games, but this one looks like they're throwing in tons of NPCs and all that jazz.

Years
    I think I can say this honestly after seeing the trailer: the Bajo-Kazooie franchise has truly gone downhill significantly. Just like you said, Careful With That -- (um, can I just call you CWTAP for short? lol) Banjo-Kazooie vetrans would not enjoy this, but those who are not familiar with the franchise may find something.

What bugs me about it is the heavy emphasis on vehicles... it just doesn't click in my mind when I think of Banjo-Kazooie. Also, to me it appeared to start heading down the same road as those cardboard cut-out movies that DreamWorks and other similar companies keep pumping out. You know, the ones with the over-the-top slapstick humor... gets kind of old, if you ask me. Ah, but I'm rambling...

So, in short, the new Banjo-Kazooie game looks all wrong to me.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Aw, I loved BK when I was younger. I can't believe they dumped the platforming mechanics that I knew well and opted for planes, cars and stuff.

I reckon that things had gone downhill the minute Rare ditched Nintendo for Microsoft. And the later Donkey Kong games have also turned rubbish thanks to them (When are we going to see another platformer like DKC again?).

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    Yeah, I was actually thinking of buying this game, and playing it on my friend's 360's. But now, no. This is not Banjo, this is some Microsoft bull that they slapped Banjo's face on. Now the number of awesome platforming franchises has diminished by one. I am very sad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    This fails. I was looking forward to an actual platformer, not this knockoff piece of crap game like Banjo-Pilot.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    LOL what have they done to them! I am glad nntendo kept mario,pokemon,zelda and all there major franchises or else we would all be in deep crud.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Eh, what a letdown... I was really looking forward to this game, but judging by the trailer, it doesn't look like it'll be anything like the others. :/ Like Milki said, vehicles and airplanes aren't exactly what I associate the Banjo-Kazooie franchise with, so even if the game ends up being enjoyable to play, it'll still seem way out-of-place. Especially with Mumbo Jumbo being a... mechanic? I guess that means we get to build cars instead of transform into cool stuff. Whoop-dee-doo.

But on the other hand, I agree that there still may be a light at the end of the tunnel since this game doesn't appear to be a direct sequel to Tooie. Let's hope so!

And yeah, um, what was Mario doing in the trailer? XD

Years
    Yeah... but let's remember this is still a game as any other. It might not be the Banjo-Threie platformer we were hoping for, but that doesn't make it a bad treat.

If I didn't explain myself clearly, let's look at the trailer without thinking of it as a Banjo game. At least from that perspective it does look as a sweet game to me.

As a Banjo adventure, I think it's crap. I think Rare and its scribes, while hinting at a totally unexpected gameplay, raised false hopes for the platformer everybody wanted, and that's just wrong, duuuuuuuuuuuude.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Based on what I've seen... I think the GBA's "Grunty's Revenge" is a more worthy entry into the series than this.

I didn't like the look when they first unveiled it and I don't like this is machine business.

Also, a lot of the attacks from the past games will NOT be in the game. Banjo and Kazooie can no longer split up. WTF

Back