• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Banjo-Kazooie series

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    For those of you who don't know the best Super Mario 64 clone out there, Banjo-Kazooie is a platformer series made by Rareware, who also made the classic Donkey Kong games.
    I recently downloaded Tooie onto my 360 (I have rthe original 2 carts, but I don't have my 64 hooked up), and I was wondering, can you go onto the Internet to play with others for minigames? Those kept me playing forever with the original cart, and the only way to improve them is online!

Years
    For those of you who don't know the best Super Mario 64 clone out there, Banjo-Kazooie is a platformer series made by Rareware, who also made the classic Donkey Kong games.
    I recently downloaded Tooie onto my 360 (I have rthe original 2 carts, but I don't have my 64 hooked up), and I was wondering, can you go onto the Internet to play with others for minigames? Those kept me playing forever with the original cart, and the only way to improve them is online!

Unless the game itself supports the online playing, you won't be able to with the original game.

However, I am sure there are copies like it on the Internet that have online functions.

Years
    Say, how fast can you beat Banjo-kazooie? I beat it in 10h and 22 minutes, with all jiggies, notes and Mumbo token (45 mumbo tokens in the end)

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Say, how fast can you beat Banjo-kazooie?

Um... I haven't beaten it yet ^_^'

Unless the game itself supports the online playing, you won't be able to with the original game.

However, I am sure there are copies like it on the Internet that have online functions.

I meant on the 360.

Guren

Troll
    Years
    I only played this once at a friend's house, but I immediately fell in love with it. When I heard it came out for the 360, I surprise face'd. But it's too bad I'm getting a PS3 :'(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Nuts and Bolts was okay. It should have been a new IP though. I think would've worked better. Wasn't fond of seeing all the characters from the old games now as washed-up has-beens.

Kazooie and Tooie are awesome. I love Banjo-Kazooie. One of my all-time favourite games. Of the four big platformers on the N64 (SM64, BK, DK64, and BT), I think it's the best. Tooie suffers from the same flaw as Donkey Kong 64 in that there is just too much to do. And the worlds are gigantic and take forever to traverse.

Grunty's Revenge is an underrated game. But one of my favourites on the GBA.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Eh, Grunty's Revenge was kinda... Too different, to be honest.
    Nuts 'N' Bolts is fairly fun, as long as you're not playing the horrible multiplayer.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I hope the 3DS will see Banjo-Threeie-Deeie or something like that.

Unlikely, yup. Not impossible though.

Actually, it is impossible.
    Banjo-Kazooie belongs to Rareware, who in turn now belong to Microsoft.
    RIP Rare.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Actually, it is impossible.
    Banjo-Kazooie belongs to Rareware, who in turn now belong to Microsoft.
    RIP Rare.
    Nope, not impossible. Don't forget that Rare redid Diddy Kong Racing for DS and released a couple Banjo-Kazooie games for the GBA.

As far as it matters, Microsoft owning Rare only means that Rare can't make any games for the Wii or PS3. Microsoft doesn't have a handheld, so the DS, PSP, 3DS, and PSP2 are all fair game.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Ah, Banjo-Kazooie.
    A silly, yet classic, game.
    I enjoyed this a lot as a little kid and I still love it today.
    Its graphics, music, gameplay, and story are all thumbs up!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    I loved them both, but I actually preferred Tooie to Kazooie. I miss Rare, they used to be the biggest Nintendo(if not biggest period) game developer, but when they were absorbed into Microsoft, they lost their touch and have made few games since. :(

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Nope, not impossible. Don't forget that Rare redid Diddy Kong Racing for DS and released a couple Banjo-Kazooie games for the GBA.

As far as it matters, Microsoft owning Rare only means that Rare can't make any games for the Wii or PS3. Microsoft doesn't have a handheld, so the DS, PSP, 3DS, and PSP2 are all fair game.

Actually, they can only make games for Microsoft hardware. :\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I never got to play it myself, but I have it for 360 (it came with Viva Pinata, I don't exactly know what it is...so if it's one of these bad ones y'all are referring to, I wouldn't know. I'll check the box when I get home). I've seen LPs of it and I wish I had taken the time to play it as a kid, but we were a bit tight on money. I got most of my N64 games after that generation was over, actually. :( But hey, there's still hope for me yet. We've got a store that sells tons of old games, dating back to...Atari 2600 I believe? Haha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I never got to play it myself, but I have it for 360 (it came with Viva Pinata, I don't exactly know what it is...so if it's one of these bad ones y'all are referring to, I wouldn't know. I'll check the box when I get home). I've seen LPs of it and I wish I had taken the time to play it as a kid, but we were a bit tight on money. I got most of my N64 games after that generation was over, actually. :( But hey, there's still hope for me yet. We've got a store that sells tons of old games, dating back to...Atari 2600 I believe? Haha.
    Viva Pinata, is actually one of the better modern Rare games. It's quite the little gem if you put the time into it.

Anyway, you could pick up Kazooie and Tooie for XBLA

Back