• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bank Tutorial RM2k3

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
  • This bank tutorial was not made by me, but a friend of mine, Jathulan, so this is his document, credit him.

Simple Bank Tutorial - by Jathulan (BEING UPDATED AS TIME GOES)

Alright, so you want to make a bank in your Rpg eh? Well this is for use in rm2k3, yet I'm sure its just as easily convertable to other versions.

First off, you'll need to design the map area, and then create an event (layer 3, double click on the square you want the event to be).

(Posted Image)-https://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9038/bankowner3xk.jpg

Open the image in another window at full size and follow along.

Now to explain what all that does.

1. Set a variable (in this case 1) to how much set money the player has. The option for that could be found in "Other" in the Operand Section.

2. Set Message to show any message needed from the banker.

3. Then we have show choices, of depositing, withdrawing, viewing money or nothing.

In the deposit handler, I have decided to show a message asking how much the player wants to deposit, followed by Input Number of six digits, and I've decided to store that value in a temporary deposit variable.

Then I have fork condition checking if temp. deposit is less than or equal to the amount of money the player has, with else condition. I mean how unrealistic would it be if we deposited more money than we're allowed to?

Followed by that is a new variable BANK MONEY increased by the temp. deposit, and then we remove that much money from the player, with the change money and remove Temp. Deposit's Value. Then its a message showing how much you've deposited. The symbol \v[2] is to show the value of variable 2 in this case in a message. Note it may vary for you, my variable 2 is Temp. Deposit by the way.

Then in the else case, we have a message that says we don't have enough money to deposit. You can spice it up with SEs if you wish.

4. Now the withdraw handler, basically the same thing as the deposit, except that we use a new variable, Temp. Withdraw and Bank Money from before. The message of how much wants to be withdrawn, followed by the Input Number (store in Temp Withdraw). Now you check if Temp. Withdraw is less than or equal to Bank Money because we don't want to withdraw more than the bank has do we?

We then subtract the temp withdraw from the bank money and add it to the player's cash. Follow this up with a you have withdrawn \v[4] (replace the 4 with the variable number you used for Temp Withdraw) .

In the else, you state that not enough money in bank.

5. In the view money section, you notice I put up two variables (one shows how much money the player has (v1 for Player Money and v3 for bank money).

I hope this has helped. Any problems or errors, tell me and I'll fix em.

Back