• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Barakamon

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years

• Barakamon

As a punishment for punching a famous Calligrapher, young handsome Calligrapher Handa Seishu is exiled to a small island. As someone who has never lived outside of a city, Handa has to adapt to his new wacky neighbors, like people traveling on a tractor, unwanted visitors who never use the front door, annoying kids using his home as a playground, etc. Can this city guy handle all the crazy hardships? Find out in this wacky island comedy full of innocence and laughter!! (Source)

Info

Episodes: 12
    Currently Airing
    Producers: VAP, FUNimation Entertainment, Kinema Citrus
    Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life

What do you guys think of this one? I think it's hella cute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I think somebody finally made a thread for a good show.

Have been reading the manga for a couple of years and the anime has not let me down at all.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really love the main girl, and the wackiness of everyone in the village. The atmosphere is really nice and even after pulling the same jokes of people barging in on Sensei over and over again they're still amusing to watch. Also, I think the OP is really nice 8)

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Oh boy that OP is leaking though the thread D:

Wonderful slice of life show this season. Plenty of humor to go round and the main characters are so lovable. (mainly Naru) The OP and ED is good and one my favourites.

Do pick this up if you haven't already. I think this is one those gems that get overshadowed by the rest of the series going on right now.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • You might need to change the tag. It says [Spring 2014] instead of [Summer 2014] when you use [This Cour]. They should really fix the prefixes. :V

Anyway, I'm really glad that I pick this up. It's too bad that it's overshadowed by a lot of the other anime of the season. The characters are all great and I needed a Slice of Life that is not a bunch of girls in school uniform right now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Barakamon

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Naru is best character :) The newest episode wasn't as great as the other ones after Sensei appeared, but it still gets an A for being able to deliver the obligatory slice-of-life deep messages in a not overly painful way.

Also I've listened to the opening like 300 times someone please send help

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm gonna start this series tomorrow. You guys seem impressed. And a real life friend recommended it too. :3

Will post my impressions later on over here.

derozio

Years
  • This show is freakin' amazing. I've only see two episodes but both of them have been great. I love this. Definitely my best anime this season.

I don't really know how to put it efficiently but I've fallen in love with the character Naru. So annoying, so mischievous and yet so sweet. And the way she talks. <3 The MC and the supporting characters are nice as well. This will be one enjoyable ride. :)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nobody is posting in here. :/

This is one of the best shows this season.

@dero

Naru is everything I want in a little sister.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I've never been keen on animes which nothing of much interest happens in them but for some reason I've fount myself really enjoying this anime.

I think it may be eventhough I don't like animes with nothing interesting happens in them I do like animes which show character progression and change and that has been very obvious in this anime.

derozio

Years
  • I guess the main reason behind not people posting in this thread is that most aren't even watching this. Shows with blood/gore and edgy stuff like Akame ga Kill and Aldnoah are probably taking up all their time. Or maybe they're invested in Kirito's stu-ness. Honestly not a bad thing since I'm watching all of those, haha. But missing out on this good show? That's sad, tbh. ;_____;

@A Shadow's Soul - Referring to Slice of Life shows, haha. Same case here, actually! I've never been too big a SoL fan - never really felt like those series could hold my attention due to the fact that not much ever went on during the episodes. But there are exceptions to it and this show definitely is one among them. The fact that all the characters are so loveable helps! <3

I haven't really been keeping myself up-to-date with this show, though. Only seen 3 episodes of it. I've enjoyed every single one far too much to rush and miss out on savoring every single second of the rest of the episodes - which is why I'm waiting out on life to get a little less on the busier side and then I'll watch the rest of this <333

BUT YEAH COME ON MOAR PEOPLE WATCH THIS EXCELLENT SHOW AND LETS TALK ABOUT IT!! OR even if you don't wanna talk for whatever reason, at least watch this. You'll fall in love. Srsly. This show is so damn...genuine. Every single thing that's being talked about, every emotion - everything just feels so natural and sincere. Which is what makes this so lovely. <3

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • OMG THERE'S A THREAD ABOUT THIS! Sorry, um...*ahem*

@derozio: Well, your efforts have been working, because the only reason I came to know of this amazing series is because you mentioned it in one the threads here ^ ^

Anyways, long story short I decided to check it out and I'M SO GLAD I DID! I was hooked and watched all the episodes that were currently out. I love Slice of Life series and this is seriously a gem in the genre. It has memorable/lovable characters, character development in Handa, and heartwarming messages in each episode. Naru is absolutely adorable and her interactions with Handa are so much fun. They are SO CUTE together! Even if you think the Slice of Life genre isn't for you, I think almost everyone can enjoy Barakamon, as can be seen in the people that have posted in this thread.

The opening is absolutely STUNNING and perfect for such a lovely show. The ending is nice as well.

I just can't even express properly how much I love this series. I can't believe I almost missed this!

Last edited:

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    This has to be my second favorite show for this Summer.

I actually thought Naru was a bit annoying at first, but she definitely grew on me and turned out to be this cute and hilarious character. The interactions between everyone is always funny and eventful. I admit I rarely watch slice of life anime, but this one definitely was worth it. I'd like to see a romantic interest for Handa though, something I doubt will happen. Is it just me wanting that, lol?

derozio

Years
  • I'm slowly catching up to this. Will probably finish it tonight or tomorrow. Will write a review when I'm done. I'm sure it'll be an amazing watch, though. Like it has been so far. :3

Back