• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] base stats & stuff help

Years
  • cause i'm not sure i can do the stats & stuff on my own... i'm not sure how to do it 😖

*the stuff part of it, is, basically Exp. Yield, Leveling rate, Habitat, lv up moves, tms/hms, breeding moves, tutor moves *

kyou region
    i'll start with the starters :>

base stats & stuff help

001 - kupup *grass starter*
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Kupup

base stats & stuff help

002 - amaranpy
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Amaranpy

base stats & stuff help

003 - holipooch *grass/ground*
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Holipooch

base stats & stuff help

004 - beritte *fire type starter*
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Dalila

base stats & stuff help

005: Torpuss
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Kohana

base stats & stuff help

006: Fygrr *fire/dark*
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Fygrr

base stats & stuff help

007 - Kitream *water starter*
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Kitream

base stats & stuff help

008 - Chincreek
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Chincreek

base stats & stuff help

009 - Tiroden *water/fairy*
    https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Oceattus

one at a time, of course :>

*please don't move this :< *

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    They are all very cute :)
    Also I note that you're already making a fandom site, which is awesome. Generally it's this kind of things we postpone eternally XD

Protip: Starters generally have similar stats.
    The first evolutive step has around 310~320 base stat total, the second step has around 405 base state total, and the final step has around 530 base stat total.
    For example, Oceattus looks like a cute water rabbit with pleading eyes. It should probably have the stats of a special tank: high HP, low attack, average defense, low special attack, high special defense and low speed: respectively 123 / 65 / 82 / 75 / 120 / 65 (total: 530). Then use a cross-multiplication to reduce those stats to a 310 and 405 base total.
    Fygrr looks a bit more "wild", predator-ish. It should have a big offensive stat (or both), and speed too. In the same order: HP 62 / Atk 104 / Def 64 / SpeAtk 105 / SpeDef 75 / Speed 120 (total: 530).
    Holipooch looks more "bulky", calm. It suggests more balanced stats, maybe high HP: HP 105/ Atk 80/ Def 92 / SpeAtk 95/ SpeDef 80 / Speed 78 (total: 530).

The EXP yield and leveling rate are always the same among starters. Just copy the ones from the other generations. Same for happiness, steps to hatch, and so on.

Also, their normal ability should be Overgrow (for grass-type) / Blaze (for fire-type) / Torrent (for water-type). Water Absorb should be the hidden ability of Kitream and evolutoins ^^

The habitat will depend on the concept behind the Pokémon.
    Kupup and evolutions are grassy cats covered in leaves. They're probably from the forest.
    Dalila and evolutions are fire cats/tigers; they can be found in forests or plain lands.
    Kitream and evolutions are water hamsters/rabbits; probably forests or grasslands with close water.
    (NB: the Habitat data is unused in Pokémon Essentials, except in the ZUD plugin, because that's used as a way to choose a Pokémon depending on the environment)

I suggest you check out the docs if you need ideas for those elements that have a finite list of choices, like Habitat, Rareness, GenderRate, Kind, Shape, Color, egg compatibility...

As for the moves.

The moves that the Pokémons learn by leveling up should depend on the concept, again. Maybe the way those Pokémons attack is straightforward, in which case just look for other Pokémons with the same type. Throw a bit of Normal-type moves that other cat-like Pokémons learn, some STABs that "make sense" for these Pokémons.
    Also, check the other starter Pokémons.

Tutor moves generally cover a larger range of moves. Your Grass starter is Grass/Ground, so it's not inconsistent if it learns Earthquake among other Ground-type moves, more Grass-type moves, and maybe some Rock-type moves. Similarly, the Fire/Drak starter could maybe learn some Ghost-type moves, and depending on your concept, maybe Psychic-type moves or Rock-type moves. Finally, the Water/Fairy starter should learn some moves like Psychic, healing moves, a good amount of Ice-type moves.
    But first, you should decide the list of tutor moves and TM / HM moves you will have in your game.

Also, there is no difference really between tutor moves and breeding moves in terms of the reasonning. To me, breeding is just yet another way for Game Freak to annoy the strategic player who wants to make the perfect moveset. The same reasonning applies: just give as breeding moves some moves that you would find consistent with your Pokémons, but that are not tutor moves / TM / HM.

Finally note that all starters learn a type-specific Hyper-beam-like move (Blast Burn / Frenzy Plant / Hydro Cannon), the Pledge moves, and most Pokémons learn moves like Protect, Attract, Return... I don't have the exact list but if you check the tm.txt file in Essentials v18 or v17, you will know which moves I am refering too (v19 works differently with tutor moves).

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Troucuri, Avarlueti, Attablite (Normal/flying type): I assume this is the equivalent of the Pidgeot / Staraptor line; you should check out the PBS file for the "secondary" data.
    As for their stats. I would say they are more based on "usual" animals. The final stage of these lines have around 480 base stat total. They would probably have weak stats, except for speed, and another one. From the top of my head, I'd say Attack. You could create a surprise by making Special Attack higher, or another stat.
    For example: HP 83 / Atk 50 / Def 63 / SpAtk 100 / SpDef 70 / Spe 115 (total = 481).
    Then use the cross-product to find the stats of Troucuri and Avarlueti, based on the total stats of Pidgey and Pidgeotto. (Note: swap the Attack and Special attack if you want ^^)

Zuifta, Plovight (Normal/flying type): I assume this is the equivalent of the Fearow line, so the same applies. They look like swift animals, so I'd say they should have high speed, medium Attack and HP, and weak other stats: HP 82 / Atk 89 / Def 63 / SpAtk 50/ SpDef 60/ Spe 100 (total = 444).

Also, maybe add more details to make them more "fancy", like unusual colours or patterns, or maybe a overly long tail or a crest, otherwise they look like animals from our world.

Chippent (Normal type): cute little squirrel, I assume it would have weak stats. At first I thought about giving it stats like Spinda or Castform: equal stats everywhere, or very balanced. I'd say any number between 65 and 75, either the same value for every stat, or close values in that range. For the other data, I suggest you check out Raticate's data.

Chuling (Electric type): its drawing suggests speed. I would say again, give it balanced stats as above (between 65 and 75) and a high speed (like 100-110). For the other data, check out Dedenne or Pikachu's stats.

They are all very cute!
    Do you plan to draw sprites of them at sme point?

Years
  • Chippent (Normal type): cute little squirrel, I assume it would have weak stats. At first I thought about giving it stats like Spinda or Castform: equal stats everywhere, or very balanced. I'd say any number between 65 and 75, either the same value for every stat, or close values in that range. For the other data, I suggest you check out Raticate's data.

which raticate? the kanto one? :3

Years
  • Troucuri, Avarlueti, Attablite (Normal/flying type): I assume this is the equivalent of the Pidgeot / Staraptor line; you should check out the PBS file for the "secondary" data.
    As for their stats. I would say they are more based on "usual" animals. The final stage of these lines have around 480 base stat total. They would probably have weak stats, except for speed, and another one. From the top of my head, I'd say Attack. You could create a surprise by making Special Attack higher, or another stat.
    For example: HP 83 / Atk 50 / Def 63 / SpAtk 100 / SpDef 70 / Spe 115 (total = 481).
    Then use the cross-product to find the stats of Troucuri and Avarlueti, based on the total stats of Pidgey and Pidgeotto. (Note: swap the Attack and Special attack if you want ^^)

Zuifta, Plovight (Normal/flying type): I assume this is the equivalent of the Fearow line, so the same applies. They look like swift animals, so I'd say they should have high speed, medium Attack and HP, and weak other stats: HP 82 / Atk 89 / Def 63 / SpAtk 50/ SpDef 60/ Spe 100 (total = 444).

Also, maybe add more details to make them more "fancy", like unusual colours or patterns, or maybe a overly long tail or a crest, otherwise they look like animals from our world.

Chippent (Normal type): cute little squirrel, I assume it would have weak stats. At first I thought about giving it stats like Spinda or Castform: equal stats everywhere, or very balanced. I'd say any number between 65 and 75, either the same value for every stat, or close values in that range. For the other data, I suggest you check out Raticate's data.

Chuling (Electric type): its drawing suggests speed. I would say again, give it balanced stats as above (between 65 and 75) and a high speed (like 100-110). For the other data, check out Dedenne or Pikachu's stats.

They are all very cute!
    Do you plan to draw sprites of them at sme point?

new one above this one :3

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    nictele
    bug type

konito
    bug type

hemabe
    bug/flying type

I like their design!
    The first one looks like a mix of caterpillar and bee ^^

So I guess these Pokémons are the equivalents to Butterfree / Orbeetle; the first stage should have very weak stats with a bit more HP, the second should have a bit of defense, and the third stage suggests Speed, plus either Attack of Special Attack (I've chosen Special Attack but you can switch), and low defenses.
    Here you have several choices of base stat totals.
    • Take inspiration on Caterpie / Metapod / Butterfree; they have weak stats overall, Caterpie has a slightly higher HP and Speed, Metapod has a slightly higher defense and Butterfree has average Special Attack and Special Defense.
      Nictele: 40 / 33 / 30/ 20 / 25/ 47 (Total: 195)
      Konito: 55 / 20 / 25 / 25 / 55 / 30 (Total: 205)
      Hemabe: 57 / 32 / 50 / 103 / 50 / 103 (Total: 385)
    • Take inspiration on Blipbug / Dottler / Orbeetle; they have higher stats.
      Nictele / Konito: same as above.
      Hemabe: 87 / 62 / 70 / 103 / 70 / 123 (Total: 505)
    • You could choose a base stat total between those two totals; I guess it depends on the balancing of you game.

For the other data, just check out maybe Vespiquen or Butterfree.

flallow
    normal/flying *evolves into taillow at lv 10 *

Dartro
    normal/flying *it evolves into spearow at lv 7 *
    I don't really understand why Taillow and Spearow need a preevolution, they are already weak :/
    Spearow has a base stat total of 262 and Taillow has a base stat total of 270, if you give them a preevolution they will have a very low base stat total (Caterpie/Weedle/Wurmple have 195, Magikarp has 200).
    I suggest you make a new line of Pokémons?

Years
  • I like their design!

So I guess these Pokémons are the equivalents to Butterfree / Orbeetle; the first stage should have very weak stats with a bit more HP, the second should have a bit of defense, and the third stage suggests Speed, plus either Attack of Special Attack (I've chosen Special Attack but you can switch), and low defenses.
    • Take inspiration on Caterpie / Metapod / Butterfree; they have weak stats overall, Caterpie has a slightly higher HP and Speed, Metapod has a slightly higher defense and Butterfree has average Special Attack and Special Defense.
    • You could choose a base stat total between those two totals; I guess it depends on the balancing of you game.

thankyou :3

I don't really understand why Taillow and Spearow need a preevolution, they are already weak :/
    Spearow has a base stat total of 262 and Taillow has a base stat total of 270, if you give them a preevolution they will have a very low base stat total (Caterpie/Weedle/Wurmple have 195, Magikarp has 200).

i could, but i want them having pre-evos :>

Years
  • I like their design!

new one above this one :3

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    filiorm
    bug type

faefluff
    bug type

faeprite
    fairy/flying type
    I assume this is the rival line to Nictele / Konito / Hemabe; if this is the case, then the same reasoning applies.
    You can give them the same stats, but swap some stats. I thought Nictele / Konito / Hemabe were Special-oriented, maybe you could just swap their Physical and Special stats for this line :)

Also I find it weird that the last stage loses its bug type. I know Farfetch'd changes its Normal-type to a Fighting-type, but this one is weird because, being bug-type is "biologically linked" to being a bug, so I don't understand the logic behind losing the bug type.

bitan
    bug type

deetle
    bug/dark type

An ant evolving into a beetle :O
    I'm not sure what you would do with the ant. I suggest somewhat balanced but weak stats, like: 60 / 63 / 57 / 32 / 41 / 42 (Total: 295)
    Then Deetle looks more bulky and has a big horn. I'd suggest medium HP, high Attack, high Defense, and low other stats: 100 / 103 / 97 / 22 / 71 / 52 (Total: 445)

PS: Can you not quote me several times? I have a job and other hobbies so I'm not always available to answer you. I said I was gonna do it, so I'm gonna do it.

Years
  • I assume this is the rival line to Nictele / Konito / Hemabe; if this is the case, then the same reasoning applies.
    You can give them the same stats, but swap some stats. I thought Nictele / Konito / Hemabe were Special-oriented, maybe you could just swap their Physical and Special stats for this line :)

Also I find it weird that the last stage loses its bug type. I know Farfetch'd changes its Normal-type to a Fighting-type, but this one is weird because, being bug-type is "biologically linked" to being a bug, so I don't understand the logic behind losing the bug type.

An ant evolving into a beetle :O
    I'm not sure what you would do with the ant. I suggest somewhat balanced but weak stats, like: 60 / 63 / 57 / 32 / 41 / 42 (Total: 295)
    Then Deetle looks more bulky and has a big horn. I'd suggest medium HP, high Attack, high Defense, and low other stats: 100 / 103 / 97 / 22 / 71 / 52 (Total: 445)

PS: Can you not quote me several times? I have a job and other hobbies so I'm not always available to answer you. I said I was gonna do it, so I'm gonna do it.

i'm sorry :<

^^'

Back