• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Animations - On or Off?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Personally, they look quite nice, though it can get really tedious watching them over and over. I can't really get a 'feel' of what's going on unless I see the animation because when I only see the text and the HP drop (or whatever the move does) it doesn't really register in my brain as to what just happened. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it, but either way I'd rather just leave them on.

What do you think about them? Do you leave them on or off?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2020
    Always have them on.

As you said, it's hard to get a feel for what's just happened. Reading text just doesn't do it for me.

I can see why people trying to speedrun may want them off, as it may speed up battles, but for other than that purpose, I don't think anyone else would.

Years
  • I have them off most of the time, it speeds up battles and i'm used to it because of Pokemon Essentials.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I will have Battle Animations turned on in every battle, except for when I'm EV training Pokemon. Horde Battles are slow enough without each animation playing.

Years
  • On in every battle.. I turn them off only when I'm chaining with the Poke Radar or EV training!

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • The animations are amazing! ... But, I didn't even know I could turn them off. So maybe this will spare me some time, when I EV train in horde battles, like some of you pinpointed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    The Battle animations are pretty nice, but could have been much better. I leaver the Animations on so it looks like something active is always happening. Black and White 2 animations were the best.

Years
  • I do like a lot of the animations in the game, and I leave it on rather frequently, unless i'm really trying to speed through the game or i'm training. I used to keep them off in earlier games since they save a bit of time, but I keep them on often here since they do look cool in 3D, most of them do anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I keep them on at all times, as it adds a lot to battling. Without it, the process would have been a lot boring. Well, at least in my eyes. Disabling this feature does help save time, but that isn't really necessary for me; if I have time to kill, I'd rather make the best of it and enjoy what I'm doing. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll ever be turning it off at all.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • When I'm level grinding by battling the Lumiose restaurants I have them turned off, same with EV training hordes.

Years
  • I always leave the animations on, in fact 6th Gen has some very epic ones. I just love how awesome they got lately.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    The animations are amazing!
    While I do love the 3D graphics much more than any 2D and the animations were beautiful, the one thing I wish this game (and most Nintendo games) had was just a little bit of anti-aliasing (it gets rid of jagged edges in the graphics), but apparently there were 3DS hardware problems and the games weren't optimized fully. I really hope OR/AS is more optimized.

The Battle animations are pretty nice, but could have been much better. I leave the Animations on so it looks like something active is always happening. Black and White 2 animations were the best.
    Did Black 2 and White 2 have different animations to Black and White? I only ever got Black, and personally Fifth Gen is my least favourite because the artstyle and music didn't really fit properly, and I felt the Unova Region was kind of dull because none of the towns were really memorable and it always felt boring to explore. They were still fun games though.

(SIDE NOTE: Does anyone have a confirmed framerate on X and Y?)

Years
  • I've never even thought about turning them off haha :)

To me that wouldn't be taking advantage of the new Pokémon models and plus, I get a kick out of seeing what some of my favourite moves from previous generations look like fully animated :)

Back