• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Back-facing sprite zoom?

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    I have no method of resizing the animated gifs for the battlers I have, so I figure there would be a way to do this by editing part of PokeBattle_ActualScene.

However, I cannot find the right variable to edit that doesn't affect the zoom status of both Pokemon.

tl;dr how can I edit it to 'blow up' the player's pokemon sprite to a 4x zoom?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    There is a part in class PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation that handles your Pokemon's sprite's zoom when sending it out (in the def update). You can adjust the numbers to your liking.

However, you will need to alter some stuff in pbFainted as well as some really unpleasant details in PBAnimationPlayerX. I don't really remember the specifics of what you need to do anymore, but those are the places I'm pretty sure you need to look at. These alterations are needed because for those methods, new sprites get initialized, which will not have the proper zoom (don't quote me on that). Additionally, I believe, the animation player reverts custom zoom to the default state.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    On a similar note, is it possible to shrink a sprite down by a certain degree? Does it work the same way Luka S.J. just suggested?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    On a similar note, is it possible to shrink a sprite down by a certain degree? Does it work the same way Luka S.J. just suggested?

Yes, the zoom function is used to both expand and to shrink, it only depends if it's value is smaller or bigger then 1.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    There is a part in classHowever, you will need to alter some stuff in pbFainted as well as some really unpleasant details in PBAnimationPlayerX. I don't really remember the specifics of what you need to do anymore, but those are the places I'm pretty sure you need to look at. These alterations are needed because for those methods, new sprites get initialized, which will not have the proper zoom (don't quote me on that). Additionally, I believe, the animation player reverts custom zoom to the default state.

Yeah, the sprites appear at 4x zoom now but upon using a move they are reset to 1x zoom.

Is there anyone that knows what to edit here as I'm completely out of my depth :(

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Luka already told you what needs editing, roughly. It's very fiddly, though, and not something you should try if you're not really good at coding (which you're not).

I would suggest you spend your time looking for software that'll resize your graphics instead.

Back