• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Chateau/Post-game (possible spoilers)

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    If you haven't been looking over Serebii you should since for the last two days he just basically confirmed that Gym Leader/E4 appears in the Chateau if your rank is high enough.

So basically we have;
    - A Battle Tower in the form of Battle Maison.
    - Gym Leader/E4 rematches in the Battle Chateau.
    - The Friend Safari enabling you to catch almost every pokemon to date.
    - Daily rematches with the Rival
    - Hunting dem Mega stones
    - Looker Detective Agency

What else do most players want as a post-game? More legendary? Does no one remember the tons amount of complaint players were making about how "Legendary" doesn't feel like legendary because they give us tons amount in the last few generation? BW gave us almost forgettable legendary, seriously the 3/4 musketeers is just like a knock off the 3 legendary beast of Johto.

People complain about post-game but basically everything we know now is what's been "added" to the 3rd game of each generation. The Battle Frontier is just a glorified battle tower, the Gym Leader rematches are in X/Y unlike most 1st entry games in the generation.

The Friend Safari is basically the 2nd best post-game we have to date (no one can top PWT with the amount of nostalgia introduce, mah hoenn leaders <3), enabling us to catch starters with dream world abilities and considering the true storyline of Pokemon is to fill up your pokedex, friend safari basically lets you catch almost every pokemon except legendary.

So I ask you what post-game where you expecting? The only true disappoint to me was taking out PWT, besides that everything else that was supposedly in the 3rd game is in this game. I like the amount of Legendary we have this generation, it felt like it was actually unique. Having multiple legendary basically strays away from it's meaning.

Edit;

I forgot to mention Looker Detective Agency, its a cool post-game mission. Go check it out or go find Looker yourself in the game.

WildEagle

Years
    Sorry if this is stupid but what's PWT?

Pokemon World Tournament, the post-game in Black/White 2, basically every gym leaders and Champions of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova all compete in there. So you have the chance to battle against the classic gym leaders and champions of the past.

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
    Years
    I'm almost certain this is directed at me so I'm just going to kindly reiterate something because I think there's been a misconception you've drawn from the post I made which is wholly a fault on my part.

Game Freak has set the standard for their post-games, I didn't do that. They have always been the ones to provide a fun aftermath for their games, to suddenly stop is too strange for me to accept. I don't believe that this is all there is.

Secondly, I agree about the legendaries. That's cool and all. But instead of giving a magic safari 12x12 squares wide where you can apparently catch almost every Pokemon to date, why not give us an extra pseudo-region to do that, with super hard trainers and a few unofficial gym leaders, and a bunch of small sidequests leading to new areas with the extra Pokemon left out?

That's all I'm complaining about. It's absolutely dull.

WildEagle

Years
    I'm almost certain this is directed at me so I'm just going to kindly reiterate something because I think there's been a misconception you've drawn from the post I made which is wholly a fault on my part.

Game Freak has set the standard for their post-games, I didn't do that. They have always been the ones to provide a fun aftermath for their games, to suddenly stop is too strange for me to accept. I don't believe that this is all there is.

This isn't directed anyone, I'm just giving out facts of why people crying out NO POST-GAME, when literally not everything about X/Y has been uncovered. Everyone is jumping the guns, when leakers was saying that the only thing left to do was catch Z and Mewtwo and that's your post-game. When literally Serebii who only has the game for 5 days uncovered Gym Leader/E4 rematches, Looker SideQuest for post-game.

And so what post-game have you been expecting? R/S had the battle tower and the Regi's to catch and that is your post-game. Emerald only added the battle frontier and gym leader rematches, which in it's time the most accepted post-game we ever had in the series. D/P had the battle tower and multiple legendary for you to catch and got backlash because they took out gym leader rematches. Platinum re-introduces the Battle Frontier & Gym leader rematches once again. B/W had a few areas to explore and the battle subway and you can battle Cynthia and that's your post game. B/W 2 introduces pretty much the best post-game we had in PWT by including every gym leaders and champions of the past to compete against instead of having normal gym leader rematches.

So what standard have Gamefreak set? Nothing, 1st entry of the new generation always lack a post-game. This Generation was the first to actually bring in Gym Leader rematches instead of having it a a new "feature" in the 3rd version.

Secondly, I agree about the legendaries. That's cool and all. But instead of giving a magic safari 12x12 squares wide where you can apparently catch almost every Pokemon to date, why not give us an extra pseudo-region to do that, with super hard trainers and a few unofficial gym leaders, and a bunch of small sidequests leading to new areas with the extra Pokemon left out?

That's all I'm complaining about. It's absolutely dull.

And when have they given us a whole new region to explore after post-game? Your expecting something that's only gonna lead to a disappointment. For almost 5 generations the same formula has been use 8 gyms > Pokemon League > post-game legendary/Battle Tower/Gym Leader rematches.

Back