• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Facility Stories

Years
  • Apologies if this thread already exists, but I tried looking everywhere in the forum and couldn't find one. Anyway:

Anyone have any great successes/epic failures/hax moments/other stories to share about the various battle facilities? By Battle Facilities I mean the Battle Towers, Trainer Towers, Battle Frontier facilities, Battle Subway, and of course any new facilities that might be found in Gen 6 in a few weeks...

I'll start with a hax moment of epic proportions that happened to me in Emerald's Battle Tower. Both of us were down to our last Pokemon; the opponent had a Metagross (DT/Rest/Meteor Mash/EQ) and I had my Skarmory (DT/Toxic/Steel Wing/Aerial Ace). Basically it started out as a double team tradeoff, with both of us +6 evasion. I outstalled all 10 of his Meteor Mashes and proceeded to use Steel Wing until he'd wasted all of his Rests. Eventually he was out of everything save 3 Double Teams and I began spamming Aerial Ace. (My Skarmory had Leftovers but he did not). Everything was going slowly but surely for a while until suddenly he started repeatedly hitting with Struggle. He hit four times in a row, two of them crits, and got me down to very little health remaining, but he could only survive one more AA max. The next turn, he hits AGAIN with Struggle and gets ANOTHER crit, knocking me out.

TL,DR: My EV-trained Skarmory wall lost to Struggle from a Metagross.

How about your stories? Any great or terrible moments to share?

Back