• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Battle Frontier Thread - Thoughts & Opinions

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    In all honesty, I think I prefer it this way, battle frontier is way more fun with a friend than by yourself imo so I see compatibility with platinum to be essential.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Me neither. The people are the same and the Frontier Brains are the same. How is that possible? o_o

Team Rocket's cloning program extended far farther than anyone ever suspected. o_0

I understand the connectability issue, but I wish they would bring back the Pyramid or other Hoenn facilities. Ah well. Gen5 wishes once more.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    I hate how they just used the "copy and paste" method. The least they could do is change the Frontier Brain sprites or add something new ...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Tch. Epic fail. I understand it had to be the same in order to connect with Platinum, but still.

Question: How are the Frontier Brains in Sinnoh and Johto at the same time? 'Cause HG/SS is supposedly happening at the same time as D/P/Pt. O_O;
    Who do you source that information? Because I completely differ in opinion unless you prove to me that there's reliable evidence these two very different games have a time-relationship of sorts. And Jasmine is in D/P/Pt, if they're at the same time, why's she in HGSS, anyway?

I think of this frontier like a circus (and why not, it visually fits the bill) and that it happened to move their attraction over to another region. I don't care if there's similar people or what not, there's nothing wrong with that.

The same frontier is a great thing: you can practice multiple teams now if you have multiple versions, etc. More connectivity with friends. (because people that hated DPt might've liked HGSS) Actually, that's a valid point, I believe... During the Platinum hype, many claimed to ignore this game and wait till next time simply because they detested the very existence of DPt. So the developers embedded their boulder-knocking efforts over to HGSS too, the "all hail" game of their franchise. Another thing is that we should be grateful to have anything at all. They had the Poketheletes for diversity anyway, I guess. And finally, they really liked their product with this frontier, they wanted to expand its greatness. (which I applaud, I love it to death)

Call me biased or whatever, only complaint I have is the complaints.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years

I think of this frontier like a circus (and why not, it visually fits the bill) and that it happened to move their attraction over to another region. I don't care if there's similar people or what not, there's nothing wrong with that.

Well some of the frontier brains did look like there from a circus
    Espesically this one:
    Battle Frontier Thread - Thoughts & Opinions

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well some of the frontier brains did look like there from a circus
    Espesically this one:
    Battle Frontier Thread - Thoughts & Opinions
    Exactly animeFTW, exactly. There's plenty of lights, audiences, and frontier brains that certainly didn't gain their reputation out of thin air. (then again, it's just a game, lol)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I do hate how they made the frontier the same as in Platinum, even with the same battle partners, even though you have never met Cheryl/Riley/Buck/Mira/Marley before, also, I cannot imagine two Thortons, one in Sinnoh and one in Johto, it's like they cloned him, but I understand that it was made to be compatible with Platinum, just that they could have done something diffrent, like change the sprites

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Who do you source that information? Because I completely differ in opinion unless you prove to me that there's reliable evidence these two very different games have a time-relationship of sorts. And Jasmine is in D/P/Pt, if they're at the same time, why's she in HGSS, anyway?
    It is speculated heavily that HG/SS is a short bit before Platinum - around the same time, but a bit before (which fits in with Jasmine going over). Main point for this I suppose is all of the talks form Cameramen, etc, citing they they filmed the recent 'Red Gyarados' event at Lake of Rage. If they were actually happening the same time I suppose there's always the make-Pokemon-use-Fly-to-get-there method for them. XD

I like how they also went and made old 8-bit music for the Battle Frontier, apparently (via the GB Player, of course).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020

The same frontier is a great thing: you can practice multiple teams now if you have multiple versions, etc. More connectivity with friends. (because people that hated DPt might've liked HGSS) Actually, that's a valid point, I believe... During the Platinum hype, many claimed to ignore this game and wait till next time simply because they detested the very existence of DPt. So the developers embedded their boulder-knocking efforts over to HGSS too, the "all hail" game of their franchise. Another thing is that we should be grateful to have anything at all. They had the Poketheletes for diversity anyway, I guess. And finally, they really liked their product with this frontier, they wanted to expand its greatness. (which I applaud, I love it to death)

Call me biased or whatever, only complaint I have is the complaints.

there is a game time line there no doubt about it but we most be careful we all know that pokemon red blue yellow and their remakes are the earliest in the time line after that it goes gold silver and crystal that are happening 3 years after the events of Pokemon yellow red and blue well can comfirm this cuz people in the game talk about it
    next there comes Pokemon ruby and Sapphire we really dont know how many years haves pass since the last game but it could be a year or even happening at the same time as gold and silver but i prefer the 1 year after gold silver and crystal after that we get Pokemon platinun and diamond and pearl thats the last point in the game timeline and i am not counting the other Pokemon games like ranger and the Nintendo gamecube ones i have no idea how many years after Pokemon ruby and sapphire is happening it could be any but we most take to consideration the technology advances of the society between the games ok another thing is that that we must consider is pokemon lef green and fire red those games introduces and number or island south of kanto why are not this islandd on the gold silver crystal remakes ? and why is the battlefrontier the same as platinum also why not use the firered leaf green frontier cuz that fromtier is south of kanto well i would like you opinions guys also sorry form y grammar

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    It is speculated heavily that HG/SS is a short bit before Platinum - around the same time, but a bit before (which fits in with Jasmine going over). Main point for this I suppose is all of the talks form Cameramen, etc, citing they they filmed the recent 'Red Gyarados' event at Lake of Rage. If they were actually happening the same time I suppose there's always the make-Pokemon-use-Fly-to-get-there method for them. XD
    Thanks billybob. So, if it was a bit (how much would a bit be? XD) before, could my circus-moving-like frontier idea still work? :o *shrugs* Seemed like a great thought to me. "Battle Frontier visiting for the month! Go have a blast against the relentless brains!"

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Thanks billybob. So, if it was a bit (how much would a bit be? XD) before, could my circus-moving-like frontier idea still work? :o *shrugs* Seemed like a great thought to me. "Battle Frontier visiting for the month! Go have a blast against the relentless brains!"
    It is said by many after all the recent clues within DPPt and the link between Johto that the events of Johto took place only a few weeks before that of Platinum. So within these terms, it is highly possible to give the circus-moving-like frontier time to move across into Sinnoh. Although, this is Pokémon, so the circumstances on how they can move across in such time and still keep the time frame of the games in sync is always possible.

Back