• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Battle Frontier

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Hey guys, i've been wondering, am I the only trainer who thinks that the battle frontier should've moved to kanto in HG/SS? I really prefer kanto's battle music and all the other music from it, and we already spend 70% of the game playing in johto and we almost don't get to listen to kanto's music the rest of the game after we're done with it. I think that's just wrong, kanto's trainers' battle music is one of my favourites. What do you think?

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Every region has a bunch of islands that have no use, so why not an island like they did in emerald and platinum?

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think they picked a good spot in Johto for the Battle Frontier.
    and I agree,where else would they put it?

Years
    I think it's fine that they just put it where the first Battle Tower was in the original G/S/C, but if they had put it in Kanto instead, I'm guessing they would have placed it north of Cerulean City.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    they would have put a kanto battle frontier around Vermillion City so it would be near the start point of kanto

Years
    ^True. That Vermillion spot would've been good for the Battle Tower in Crystal, though.
    But since it wasn't, the crrent location of Johto's (well, Sinnoh's) Frontier is good. Emerald's Frontier replaced RS' Battle Tower, so it makes sense for Johto's Frontier to do so.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I do not mind where it is at. I am actually playing HG right now at the Battle Frontier while I post this. Doubles ftw.

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    X] Well, to me it doesn't matter but I kinda wish they'd have done a little more with Kanto so I guess it would've been better if they put the BF there.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hey guys, i've been wondering, am I the only trainer who thinks that the battle frontier should've moved to kanto in HG/SS? I really prefer kanto's battle music and all the other music from it, and we already spend 70% of the game playing in johto and we almost don't get to listen to kanto's music the rest of the game after we're done with it. I think that's just wrong, kanto's trainers' battle music is one of my favourites. What do you think?
    I have to disagree. ;p Maybe not with the music (personally I like both so I don't mind too much - I can always refight trainers in Kanto now which is nice) but I find that the placing of the Battle Frontier to make sens - the Tower was in Crystal after all, so it being in the same places adds up to me. (And after all GSC was all about Johto - HGSS did add some more to Kanto, e.g. expansion or not-downsizing of many routes, Pal Park, even the fighting Dojo in Kanto serves a purpose now).

tsutaajafan95

#1 Tsutaaja fan
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    well the battle tower was in crystal. so it just replaces that. although i do agree kanto's music is so much better. especially the gym leaders. their battle themes are amazing.

Back