• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The first spin off of generation V! Sorry to the PMD fans, but it looks like there'll be a longer wait, since this game is making its appearance first. But this game is scheduled for release in Japan in 2011 (although a date isn't listed on Serebii, it seems, but I assume it'll get delayed due to the earthquake).

What are your thoughts about this game? It definitely seems interesting, as it comes with a Nintendo Wireless Keyboard (though you apparently don't need it, so idk...lol) which is how you play...seems different, but could be pretty cool. I personally will wait on some reviews and player feedback before investing, but it does kinda have my interest, I'll be honest. If you haven't heard about it, you can read up here.

So yes, discuss, discuss!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    It seems like one of those SpongeBob typing games. Where if you type correctly you would catch the pokemon or the move would have a higher chance of hitting. Really seems odd.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    This looks utterly pointless but almost unbelievably fun. Whyyyyyyy!?

Not really much else to say. Not really sure I'd buy it, but I'd be willing to have a go at it. Typing Pokemon names really fast is FUN FUN FUN FUN.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    PMD will prevail soon, just you wait... ):

Anyway, if this game does come out in UK I'll get it, idk why, I just like the playing style, it's a new one that's for sure, even though my instincts tell me that it's going to be worse than Trozei/Link I still have to own it. :D

I won't play using the keyboard though, I'll just be like, heyyyyyy I'm using my stylus, in your face keyboard who will fall into my accessories drawer.

Also, it doesn't look all that good tbh, I'm contradicting myself lolol
    Just typing in names to catch Pokemon. F-yeah. Sign me up. /sarcasm end.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I don't thin kthis will be released in the US since any kid who can play a DS Game can also type.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I don't thin kthis will be released in the US since any kid who can play a DS Game can also type.

Maybe we could learn typing Japanese

Anyways, seems like a good game for kids, but I defenitly won't play it.

EDIT: 444 posts! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I just want to remind you that in Pokemon Ranger, you had to draw a circle to capture Pokemon, which is pretty much a basic skill. Typing is a bit more difficult, but this day in age, it's also kind of a basic skill. And you know, most people on this forum still haven't mastered typing. This game might help them.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I just want to remind you that in Pokemon Ranger, you had to draw a circle to capture Pokemon, which is pretty much a basic skill. Typing is a bit more difficult, but this day in age, it's also kind of a basic skill. And you know, most people on this forum still haven't mastered typing. This game might help them.

My Nephew couldn't play ranger, because of that exact reason, yet he can type perfectly fine at the age of 5. It's better than some people on this forum's grammar

Hopefully it will be released here, because I wanna try something new, and a typing game may sound boring but it's kinda extraordinary.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, Ranger was difficult, I'll give it that. I didn't beat the first one, but I also found it to be kind of boring. It all depends on what you like. But in the department of being different, I say this new spin off is pretty different, and I'm all for trying it, if my interest in it still remains.

And don't worry, I wasn't saying everyone can type or draw a circle. XD; I'm sure some of us know not everyone can type, lol. We see it here, there, and everywhere. Maybe this game could teach them!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years

And don't worry, I wasn't saying everyone can type or draw a circle. XD; I'm sure some of us know not everyone can type, lol. We see it here, there, and everywhere. Maybe this game could teach them!

I can use this because my spelling isn't as great as it should be whenever I am typing very quickly without looking at the keyboard lol

Anyways I wish Pokemon introduced the 5th generation spin off games with something else like a mystery dungeon game

:t354:TG

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    well i personally thinks its not really that much 'pokemon related', its more of a typing game, but it kinda sounds cool, so i'll probably try it !!!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    that's pretty cool - I can practice romaji with this, right? but it's not as helpful if it was in english xD

Pikachewy

Should be doing homework atm.
    Years
    I wonder how they would translate this into english... Type to get pokemon, more like teaching people about the names of pokemon. I prefer PMD :v
    Probably another game for younger players, just like Pokepark Wii. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Oh my god this game uses real music instead of midi music and it sounds so much better than B/W.

That's hilarious for a cheap spin-off to be better than the real Pokémon game.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Would be handy for finally learning speed typing :P but it doesn't seem like its comming in english. It would have been anounced by now. :(
    youre right: the music is good :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That title music is not half bad! Mind you the usual guy who did the music for Genius Sonority Pokemon games didn't do this game iirc, which is a bit of a pity (he likes to reuse a certain tune in the odd song here and there so it would have been interesting to try to find it here... plus the guy responsible for Miror B's music has a good claim to fame in my books.) =p
    Would be handy for finally learning speed typing :P but it doesn't seem like its comming in english. It would have been anounced by now. :(
    Many of the main Pokemon games are only 'announced' for English shores well after Japan's release so I wouldn't discount it just yet. Mind you I don't exactly expect this game to get beyond Japan either (had anything been said on that for this game...?), but we shall see.

Crig

M
    Years
    I finally got the game yesterday, and it's pretty fun to play. It sure isnt as fun as B&W but it's still nice and it made me realize that i know Japanese names better than English names, cause i played japanese version of B&W.

Back