• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Maison/ Casual Online Team

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    So it's been a while since I've done this so please don't flame if I get the formatting wrong :). Also, this was an in game team so I'm not sure about the evs or ivs.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Modest
    Clear Body/Tough Claws (while mega'd)
    Bullet Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Earthquake

Standard set, but not sure if I'm gonna stick with him being the mega evolver. Also, debating switching bp for hammer arm.

Salamance @ Choice Band
    Docile
    Intimidate
    Crunch
    Zen Headbutt
    Dragon Claw
    Strength

Again, might make this one mega evolve. Also, he needs major move set changes. Suggestions welcome

Froslass @ Nevermeltice
    Naughty
    Snow Cloak
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam
    Substitute
    Psychic

Not much to say here

Gardevoir @ Nothing
    Docile
    Trace
    Moonblast
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind

This one needs an item and possibly some new moves. Other than that, not much to say.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
    Naughty
    Blaze (going to ability capsule for speed boost)
    Brick Break
    Blaze Kick
    Swords Dance
    Brave Bird

Probably gonna swap brick break for close combat and blaze kick for flare blitz.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Hardy
    Marvel Scale
    Toxic
    Rest
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Again not much to say except wall.

So obviously I know nothing about the meta. But planning on sticking with this team even though the items and natures and moves all need LOTS of work. Critiques, comments, and suggestions all welcome.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Your Metagross set definitely seems solid, at least to me!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend replacing Bullet Punch with Hammer Arm. Although latter is much, much strong, former has priority, so it will always strike first (well, at least most of the time). On top of this, Bullet Punch has same-type attack bonus, if I'm not mistaken, which is definitely a good thing. Hammer Arm, however, is more counterproductive, as it reduces your Speed stat after every use.

For Salamence, if it were me, I would likely consider removing Choice Band, and giving either Life Orb or Expert Belt (probably former, as it's the item a majority of players tend to use, generally). Alongside, I'd also give it Dragon Dance (perhaps removing either Crunch, Zen Headbutt, or Strength on the way), as it would make it much more easy to take opponents down after using only once.

Back