• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle or Avoid?

Battle or Avoid?

• Battle

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Avoid

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    I used to avoid, but now I battle.
    Though I'll still avoid if I have to hurry for IRL reasons, or if my Pokemon are low on health and that I do not have any healing items.
    But yeah, you know how hard it is to avoid some of them x)

Years
    In the early stages of the game I will always battle trainers and wild Pokemon. But once I get Fly, I usually avoid trainers just so I can get to a new city's Pokemon Centre, then I go back and face everyone, but can fly back just in case I get low on health.

NatureKeeper

The path of trainers or the pass of grass... Which one to choose?

I avoid, they're all boring, and they give me some stock of EXP in Real-Time such as grinding. I won't waste the EXP and the EVs on one Pokémon lead throughout the whole route. And besides, risking the grass may make a Shiny Pokémon appear, even doubling the prizes. If they got me tricked, I get my Pokémon out and get rid of them.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Battle. Then, depending on how many hit points I have left, I either go round, and catch new pokemon for the pokedex, or continue to the next city.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I always battle, 'cause I'm always scared of being underleveled when I reach the next gym. I also fight all wild pokemon I encounter.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I try to battle every trainer on the route so I can keep my Pokemon a good level. The only time I avoid is if I'm close to blacking out.

Back