• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Battle Revolution/Compatibility

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This may be a dumb question but do you think HG/SS will be compatible with battle revolution or any other games like pokemon ranch? Or maybe they will make another stadium game XD

titlescreen.jpg

xXI JOE IXx

Im not sure about ranch, since Platinum isn't compatable with it, but yeah, another stadium game probably will come out

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    Well in Japan they had an update to download for Ranch which makes Platinum compatible. It's more than likely that we'll get the same treatment.

LG/FR was compatible with the Game Cube games, wasn't it?

(I never had a game cube, so I don't actually know).

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • I think it will be compatible. No NEW Pokemon are being introduce (or so they want us to think)
    I mean, when they made Pokemon Stadium 2 back on the 64, they had to since they hadn't introduced any of the GSC Pokemon yet.

Years
  • Ranch.. does that include gen 4? I never have played it.
    My guess is that the revolution game will be compatible. It makes sense.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Ranch is compatible with only the games it is built for, apparently. Subsequently, whenever it's to work with a new Pokémon game, it has to be updated. So far, that means it works with ONLY Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Oh and another thing to be wary of: your Japanese copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver WILL NOT work with English versions of Battle Revolution or Ranch. Don't say you haven't been warned.

that sucks a lot >:[
    but it should since we are able to battle trainers around the world

:t354:TG

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • There is most likely a compatibility between HG/SS to Battle Revolution but will only work of same kind (my case PAL). Anyway does anyone still play that wii game anymore?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    There is most likely a compatibility between HG/SS to Battle Revolution but will only work of same kind (my case PAL). Anyway does anyone still play that wii game anymore?

I do! Me sir! Me sir!

But yeah, it's a good game, not great but meh.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I'd like a new Wii Pokémon game, anyway. I mean, I want to see the Pt formes in their glory, and BR is a little underdated.

But I suppose HG/SS will probably work.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • I really hope they make a new game. And I'd like it to be more like the old Stadium games if they do. I don't like how PBR has no mini-games. But, yeah, HeartGold and SoulSilver will probably be compatible.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    If they do make a new Pokemon Stadium, I'll definitely be getting it.
    Battle Revolution wasnt very fun in my opinion /:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • The Stadium/Coliseum series were generaly more thoughtful compared to PBR, with all sorts of things from the mini-games, to hte sending out animations, to the RPG action, and they even put in Red and Leaf's models into Coliseum despite the fact that FR/LG weren't even released yet. Besides, PBR felt rushed, with little over all content, and some of the animations looking...Odd. (Metagross's walking animation, Alakazam's fainting animation cuts out before it actually gets the chance to faint, among others.)

I'm all for a Pokémon® Colistadum Revolution 3 XD though.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • Ranch is compatible with only the games it is built for, apparently. Subsequently, whenever it's to work with a new Pokémon game, it has to be updated. So far, that means it works with ONLY Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Oh and another thing to be wary of: your Japanese copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver WILL NOT work with English versions of Battle Revolution or Ranch. Don't say you haven't been warned.

In Japan, yes. Here in America, we haven't even gotten the Platinum update. Ranch may be updated in Japan for HG/SS, but it probably won't here.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    The Stadium/Coliseum series were generaly more thoughtful compared to PBR, with all sorts of things from the mini-games, to hte sending out animations, to the RPG action, and they even put in Red and Leaf's models into Coliseum despite the fact that FR/LG weren't even released yet. Besides, PBR felt rushed, with little over all content, and some of the animations looking...Odd. (Metagross's walking animation, Alakazam's fainting animation cuts out before it actually gets the chance to faint, among others.)

I'm all for a Pokémon® Colistadum Revolution 3 XD though.

Wow that sounds the single greatest game in history!

Back