• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Revolution worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkner

Sunyshore's Yellow Flash
    Years
    This is my first topic so be a bit gentle, cool?

Anywayz, I've asked a few people and got really differing answers, so I'm just wondering. Is Pokemon Revolution worth it to buy? I'm debating on getting it along with my Wii, but I'm not entitrely sure if it's totally worth it or not. What do you fine folks think?

Persona

Banned
    Years
    It appears as a strange game graphically. A couple of parts, such as the surroundings and the human characters, are actually probably the best aspect seen on Wii. The pokémon themselves though are mixed; some actually look like they were created in a few minutes, others seem fantastic. However, there's just no drama to the action. What is probably disappointing about Pokémon Battle Revolution is its half-hearted job of devising the battles and making them appear exciting. There are a number of plain-looking attacks, and those are usually the ones you seem to view repeatedly. The way the trainers interact to their pokémon in the ring look rather stiff, as if they're just going through the motions. It's also worth noting that there's that announcer who goes from accidentally amusing, to then repetitive and grating within the first hour. Fortunately, he can be muted. <<;

This one is definitely not for everyone. Some people spend a lot of their time collecting and training the pokémon. They want to level them up and experience them evolve. The other type of players do whatever it takes to power level them, that means getting pokémon bred with no less than decent IVs, eventually EV training them to the point of where they can begin to shuffle their team around, while choosing the proper movesets to ensure they work best with a certain pokémon. These are the kind of people that will find something here. The random online play will act as a great proving ground for all of those team ideas. When you get to the point, the action itself is rather straight-forward and single-minded to a fault. This isn't a certain disappointment though, that is if the very idea of seeing the pokémon you've spent hours and effort training in D/P is enough to get you excited, otherwise, it's even less appealing than a real pokémon game. Generally, it depends what you're going to do with the game, however, $50 at retail just doesn't make any sense to me and didn't seem worth the price.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    You should have just read the other topics here saying how bad it is
    1) It uses graphics which aren't much better than the N64 games.
    2) Has no mini games
    3) Is way too easy to bet
    4) It's almost impossible to find an online match where your rival doesn't have hacked pokemon.
    5) The pal version doesn't have the event pokemon(only relevant if you live in the UK/Europe).
    6) Way too expensive considering it's just an expansion pack for D/P
    I could go on but i think those are the main points.

Volkner

Sunyshore's Yellow Flash
    Years
    Thanks for the help guys. I now have a much clearer idea of whether I want to buy it or not. It seems maybe like something to rent every now and then and keep save data for rather than buying.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    You should have just read the other topics here saying how bad it is
    1) It uses graphics which aren't much better than the N64 games.
    They're a lot better than the N64 games. The N64 version of Arcanine looked like two blocks with legs.
    2) Has no mini games
    This is a good thing. The one and only thing that was good about the mini games in Pokémon Stadium 2 was using your own Pokémon to make them like you more. But now we have the Soothe Bell, massages in Veilstone City, the spa treatment in the Resort Area's Ribbon Syndicate, and far more complex Berries, doing this in Pokémon Battle Revolution is redundant.
    3) Is way too easy to bet
    So? Look at the Mystery Gift area in the Shop menu. It may be easy to beat, but with all the Poké Coupons you're getting, one-per-game items become "hey let's give you 10 more for beating this game" items.
    4) It's almost impossible to find an online match where your rival doesn't have hacked pokemon.
    Actually, Pokémon Battle Revolution is sensitive to truly hacked Pokémon. Sure, Shaymin and Arceus aren't yet legal, but this is the one and only case in which Pokémon Battle Revolution doesn't see the hack, assuming that only the item (Oak's Letter for Shaymin and the Azure Flute for Arceus) was hacked for, and the Pokémon was captured legitimately. Otherwise, it'll show as a Bad Egg.
    5) The pal version doesn't have the event pokemon(only relevant if you live in the UK/Europe).
    Who cares about the UK and Europe anyway?
    6) Way too expensive considering it's just an expansion pack for D/P
    I'll give you this one, but since I got mine for US$20... :P
    I could go on but i think those are the main points.

And now your main points are countered.

Keeping the save data and renting the game when you feel like it isn't as good as owning the game. Diamond and Pearl can't detect hacks, but Revolution can. That and the Shop are its strongest points.

And the graphics are a LOT better than people give them credit for. Flipping amateurs...

Volkner

Sunyshore's Yellow Flash
    Years
    Well thats a good counterpoint Walker of Chaos. You've talked me into giving it a real shot. If it's good, I'm definitely buying it. Thanks for the help. =D

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I really love the graphics. Its just disappointing that theres no deep story to it.

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    I really love the graphics. Its just disappointing that theres no deep story to it.
    Agreed. If it had a story line like "Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness" it would be better.

The game is alright if you have Pokemon Diamond or Pearl on DS because you may "copy" your Pokemon onto there. ^_^ Otherwise you will have to use the Rental Passes that they have there- where you will not be able to choose your Pokemon.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    yes.the rental passes are shockingly bad.buy it if you want to see battles with better graphics and more action than the back of a moving head[likeD/P] you should get it!

sorry to go off topic but volkner and candice are you brother and sister?

Last edited:
    Years
    Graphics:

They are really cool on most pokemon but some appear chunky or just plain weird [Like my fave Pokemon Typhlosion :(] The scenery is terrific in most colleseums though.

Skii's Graphic Rating: 8/10

Gameplay:

Hate to say it but this game is way too easy. If you have an in-game team that is past six badges you rpobably wont lose one battle except the select and wheel battles.

Skii's Gameplay Rating: 3/10

Rewards:

Well at least you get to dress your character up in a cool way then show him to the world in wi-fi. Magmortar and Electivire are great [If you are in certain regions] but surfing Pikachu is just a novelty so that really depends on where you live.
    Oh yeah and the Dusk stones, Shiny stones and Dawn stones are good considering they are hard to find in D/P.

Skii's Rewards Rating: 9/10

Despite the horrible gameplay, I just cant stop playing this game and if you have wi-fi then you will really love it.

Skii's overall rating: 8.5/10

Why was I rating the whole game just to tell you if it is good or not? I dont have a clue.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    And the graphics are a LOT better than people give them credit for. Flipping amateurs...

Oh I dunno the like 6million odd people living in England, then Scotland, Wales, all of the E.U. Yeah i can't anyone caring about a collective population larger than the U.S.A either.

So you're saying the graphics are good? The PS2, hell the PSP top those graphics. Look at MP3, SSBB and TP, all smash PBR into atoms.

Buddy, getting hit in the balls with a hammer is probably a more fun and worthwhile activity than PBR.

Rogue Shadow

Dragon Master
    Years
    it really depends how loyal u r. if u like anything pokemon you'll like it but sadly if its worth the money then i dont think so, i didnt get it though that was just my opinion.

Volkner

Sunyshore's Yellow Flash
    Years
    yes.the rental passes are shockingly bad.buy it if you want to see battles with better graphics and more action than the back of a moving head[likeD/P] you should get it!

sorry to go off topic but volkner and candice are you brother and sister?

We're boyfriend and girlfriend. What would make you think we're brother and sister? o_O; We have first posts in the introduction thing stating we're dating. And hey, I just rhymed. =D

As for the rest, you guys have definitely made me on the fence about the game, but I do believe I'll be trying it out and deciding after. And Waker of Chaos, sorry 'bout the mis-spelling. Dunno where that L came from.

Years
    We're boyfriend and girlfriend. What would make you think we're brother and sister? o_O; We have first posts in the introduction thing stating we're dating. And hey, I just rhymed. =D

As for the rest, you guys have definitely made me on the fence about the game, but I do believe I'll be trying it out and deciding after. And Waker of Chaos, sorry 'bout the mis-spelling. Dunno where that L came from.

Oh and you can always watch some youtube videos to see what you like about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back