• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Revolution worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The youtube videos are often bad quality, it's probably best you rent the game, but avoid buying.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I think the wii and the pkmn Battle Rev are not worth it

The Wii itself IS worth it, but PBR isn't when i first got it i couldn't stop playing it for about 3 days, but with each battle the game became more and more tiresome and extremely repetitive and since then i haven't touched it, and don't plan to.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    The Wii itself IS worth it, but PBR isn't when i first got it i couldn't stop playing it for about 3 days, but with each battle the game became more and more tiresome and extremely repetitive and since then i haven't touched it, and don't plan to.

I rented it. Wanted my omney back right away.

These are a few views seen here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3208057#post3208057

The graphics in the game are not nearly as bad as everyone is giving them credit for. Sure, some of the 1st gen Pokemon look kinda ugly, but really, people hardly ever use the ugly Pokemon hidden deep within the game. Who the hell uses Weepinbell or Likitung and their low-poly gloriness? They're both blocky as hell, but who cares, you're hardly ever going to see them, only in single player mode, and if you're busy playing that, kill yourself, because I'll be the first to admit, I wanted to rip my hair out due to boredom while gaining access to all the colosseums. (Which don't look THAT bad by the way.) But really, the Pokemon you're going to be facing online almost every time you battle (Ex. Salamance, Garchomp, Electrivire, Gengar, etc.) look perfectly fine. The game adds a shine to them that actually makes them look rather impressive. Hell, even first gen Pokemon like Arcanine have been given a MASSIVE makeover.

To make things simple...

The game is NOT ugly.

The game is NOT pretty.

The game is overall unimpressive.

It's completely average and mediocre at everything it does. The online's meh, the graphics are passable (but NOT ugly), and the overall package has "Wait 'till I'm 20 bucks!" written all over it.

I have to disagree with the graphics comment. Maybe I have been a bit too harsh, howver, I cannot call them passable. Despite the fact that no one will use those pokes, it doesn't excuse the fact that they look like that. Saying "They got the majority right" isn't good enough. Arcanine's paws looks more squared than Richard Nixon at Marti Gras. What if a casul player comes along, & decides to play with Likintung, with Weepingbell? You're a pokefan, so its understandable that it doesn't phase you much. However, unlike Stadium, this doesn't cater to others comming along to play. It BARELY caters to Pokefans.

My thoughts Exactly.
    SOME pokemon fans see "Pokemon" stapled on the front and instantly say, "I want it!"
    Thank goodness I'm not that gullible.

Anyway, PBR ,in my opinion, is very lacking. I think I would have more fun completing a storyline and getting "special" pokemon than pure battling. I think its only saving grace(and originality) was the 3 gifts and character cuztomization; and even with that, it is barely worth $20.
    I wouldn't get it, as I rather spend my cash on better titles(Twilight Princess, Brawl, etc...)
    Its sure to be a parent's-money-plucker, but that's it.

To other posters: Some of you are a little too harsh. After all, what can you possibly expect out of a sole battling game?

You sir have just earned my upmost respect, I couldn't agree more.
    The GCN could manage PBRs graphics. As far as I can tell, some of the first Gens still use the N64 graphics, though I am not certain of this.

"They even whinge about the graphics and the fact that the Pokemon don't have fur shading, texturing and all that crap."
    What's wrong with wanting semi decent graphics from a console that can easily do it? Especially since it's such a poor stand alone game in general, it could of at least looked nice.

this makes me laugh about what people say about the graphics been acceptable(even though im usually not someone who cares about graphics)
    Battle Revolution worth it?

If they can make Pokemon look like this for a None Pokemon game then the SHOULD make them look like that for Pokemon games

You see? This is what I mean. If it can otain THAT quality graphics, why not PBR?
    No, it's not THAT bad. If you just HAVE to have a Pokemon game to play on the Wii, then this is really your only option as of yet. It's like I said, the game isn't ALL bad (let's put it this way, it's no Deadly Towers, or -insert worst game ever in your opinion here-). In other words, there are plenty of games that are worse than this one.

But you have to look at it from a gamer's perspective. If you ask me, it just seems like they really shafted that general audience with this one. The thing is, they could've put so much more in it than they did (while still retaining the things that are already present in the game, lord knows they have enough disc space to do so), brought Pokemon more into the mainstream, and they just didn't. It's like they didn't care or something. They just said, 'Alright we've got a bunch of battles and gimmicks. Here's our game.'. It just seems like Nintendo could've put more effort into this one. I mean, they did with Zelda and Mario.

And the post to beat all post:

So you're voting on a game you've never played? This backs up my theory that polls are too heavily depended on.

Wonderful.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    $50 where ever you live?
    In Australia it cost $100 !!
    What?! Geez. I'm glad I don't live in Australia, I'd go broke off of games!
    I got mine for $45.

I just bought the game and I already love it. Right now I'm just using the rental Pokemon until I get a DS for my birthday and I still like playing it. Plus I dominate my brother in 2 player mode. xD

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    I got a used one at Gamestop for 44 dollars. But PBR isn't really that special. It's not that great if you don't have Wi-Fi to go with it. >_>

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    I played on my friends wii and i think its not good
    but everyone has a different oppinion

Years
    You should have just read the other topics here saying how bad it is
    1) It uses graphics which aren't much better than the N64 games.
    2) Has no mini games
    3) Is way too easy to bet
    4) It's almost impossible to find an online match where your rival doesn't have hacked pokemon.
    5) The pal version doesn't have the event pokemon(only relevant if you live in the UK/Europe).
    6) Way too expensive considering it's just an expansion pack for D/P
    I could go on but i think those are the main points.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Oh I dunno the like 6million odd people living in England, then Scotland, Wales, all of the E.U. Yeah i can't anyone caring about a collective population larger than the U.S.A either.

So you're saying the graphics are good? The PS2, hell the PSP top those graphics. Look at MP3, SSBB and TP, all smash PBR into atoms.

I said they were good. I didn't say they were awesomely incredible or whatever. OF COURSE games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will smash it into atoms, but that doesn't make it bad on graphics.

Buddy, getting hit in the balls with a hammer is probably a more fun and worthwhile activity than PBR.

First, I'm not your buddy. Second, go ahead and smash your balls with the hammer, then tell me if it was more fun than playing Pokémon Battle Revolution. I bet my entire video game collection that the truth is on my side.

Years
    Pokémon Battle Revolution is a well-balanced game myself. I would give it a 8.5/10 rating in my opinion. Sure the announcer may drone and the graphics (In some people's opinions) may look like Crap, but where else am I going to make a living K.O.ing enemies?

Last edited:

Col~

Effeler
    Years
    In my opinion, the coloseum battles aren't that great since the Pokemon are really easy if you have a well rounded team. But the good part is the 3-D Wi-fi. It's fun to see your favourite (<-- Yes I am Canadian) Pokemon fighting in 3-D against some foriegn person. I have the game (got it for Christmas) and I enjoy playing it because of my Charizard's 3-D Blast Burn.
    (Lol, a little flare goes out then incinerates the foe.) Anyways, I vote that you buy it. You wont regret it.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i would say its worth it if you like the battling part of pokemon colluseum and the part where you earn points to buy things to dress yourself up with and i think its a pretty nifty game with good charecter graphics and pokemon animations such as arcanines bite; he runs up to the opposing pokemon and bites him which is pretty gud

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    If you think you'd be willing to spend hours on end battling online (which is really the whole point of the game), then it's worth it. Otherwise, I'd recommend renting it first.

Years
    I say that its worth it if you like Pokemon like i do it is somewhat challenging (DON'T USE YOUR BEST POKEMON ON NEON COLLOSEUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

GamerFreak

PokéCommunity Helper
    Years
    Hello.:)

Now that you can acquire two more special Pokémon in Pokémon Battle Revolution it is much more worth it. I won't spoil anything, but they can be transferred to the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions DS games. Then you can collect and keep them, or trade them for other Pokémon.

The game is overall very good itself as well. Great 3D animations, and I am sure as a fellow Pokémon trainer, you'll enjoy the adventure.:)​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back