• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Scenes!

Roh

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Is that...

Is that a move to jump over ledges? And you get to watch an actual animation of the specific Pokemon you chose perform outside battle moves?

Arceus...They've come so far with the graphics. I wish they would bring back your first Pokemon walking outside the Pokeball with you, though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm really excited about this! It makes the battles seem really realistic with different location backgrounds and all. I am impressed. New battle menu style For The WIN.

Years
  • I love the battle scenes and the graphics overall look stunning. I just have one tiny complaint. I kinda hoped that they wouldn't include those "circles" in this game. I can live with them but I can't see the reason why they still use them. Anyway, I am so glad that our flying Pokemon will actually fly during the battles.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I love the battle scenes and the graphics overall look stunning. I just have one tiny complaint. I kinda hoped that they wouldn't include those "circles" in this game. I can live with them but I can't see the reason why they still use them. Anyway, I am so glad that our flying Pokemon will actually fly during the battles.
    Yeah, they look kinda tacky. The most tacky ones are the water platforms on the sandy beaches. The platforms that actually match the background (green grass on a grass background) are easy to ignore.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Though the water platforms make some sense as water pkmn 'need' them, some others don't. Also I wish we couldn't use fire, rock etc pkmn to battle when surfing or diving, that's even worse.

Years
  • Whilst I am in love with the new interface and everything about the new battling in Pokémon X & Y, there are two specific features that I love, and that's this:​

1. Blurred Battle Menu
    I absolutely love how the battle menu is blurred when selecting another option. Whilst the bottom screen of a 3DS isn't 3D capable, it gives the illusion of 3D and I think it has such a smart and clean look to it.

Battle Scenes!

2. New animated 'sprites' during Pokémon status screen
    The new animations when you choose to look at a Pokémon in more detail. Torchic running around in circles literally made me fan-girl scream... and I'm a 23-year old British rugby player...

Battle Scenes!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Omg i havent really been keeping track of the game that much but it actually looks visually stunning im very impressed. although the child in me is going to be pained to be taken away from my pixely goodness :(

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Everything looks so sleek and fresh, the menu interface, the graphics, cities, routes etc I've got high hopes for these games!

I actually like the short Hp bar, it looks cleaner than having a large one take up a deal of the top and bottom of the screen.

I agree, the new and short HP bar looks much neater than previous.

Last edited:
    Back