• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server Support

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
As usual, please contact a senior staff member via private message for ban appeals.

Anyhow, as some of you already know, the current form of voice will be removed shortly. The senior rank is staying, but it'll be renamed to voice. So, we're essentially going back to the standard IRC/PS rank setup and how they're usually given out.

Also, Uber, High Tier, and Low Tier Randbat formats have been added. High Tier has OU, BL, UU, and BL2 Pokemon. Low Tier has RU, BL3, and NU Pokemon.

OH, and regular members can use "spoiler:" tags now.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Spoiler:

Well that's not a fun error. Confirming battles broke again, but chatting is not.

EDIT (because no double posts):
Spoiler:

Seriously, the spamming inviting to rooms needs to stop. It's always this super sonic x guy.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Repeatedly spamming your room however is not fine (which that guy has), it just makes people want to punch you.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Technically that screenshot doesn't prove he spammed you, he sent you 1 message asking you to join his room, Wolf said advertising your rooms is fine.

I can say with absolute confidence that might be AT A MINIMUM the 10th PM I've received, after explicitly stating to not PM me invites. I'm also confident other users can state the same experience. Heck, it as brought up on the last page of this thread by different users.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Repeatedly spamming your room however is not fine (which that guy has), it just makes people want to punch you.

I know he got locked by Wolf again after the restart for spamming his room and obviously we all know that he has spammed people with his rooms however what I am getting at is that giving a screenshot that doesn't show spam and saying "You can believe what I am saying" Isn't 100% legit.

Anti

return of the king
Years
I know he got locked by Wolf again after the restart for spamming his room and obviously we all know that he has spammed people with his rooms however what I am getting at is that giving a screenshot that doesn't show spam and saying "You can believe what I am saying" Isn't 100% legit.

Is there any reason to doubt him...? I don't see the need for nitpick posts about this when everyone knows this is a problem. ._.

Anyway, I think that in the future obvious spammers like that should be warned/locked a few times but if they persist, it shouldn't take over a week to realize "hey, these warning aren't effective, maybe we should just ban" and move on, because it lowers the overall quality of the server when they hang around for so long.

Sirfetch’d

Is there any reason to doubt him...? I don't see the need for nitpick posts about this when everyone knows this is a problem. ._.

Anyway, I think that in the future obvious spammers like that should be warned/locked a few times but if they persist, it shouldn't take over a week to realize "hey, these warning aren't effective, maybe we should just ban" and move on, because it lowers the overall quality of the server when they hang around for so long.

This is basically the approach we are taking with this. The user in question was banned yesterday after numerous chances to stop advertisement spam. We want to let everyone know that room advertisement is okay, but in excess it is not. If people clearly show no interest in a room, don't pester them about it or you will just be banned and lose all room privileges.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So, awhile ago, we kinda had an open forum that kinda started as a rant.

tl;dr: Some of our generation of regulars feel like our voice isnt been heard enough or taken seriously and Anti suggested that I should hit up Wolf. I decided to bring a formal discussion about it here and maybe we can get some things sorted out or something, aside from the one we discussed earlier in the above log.

srinator

i already what i feel in that log but i am more interested in why you feel that way to be honest, sorry if its extremely obvious or something but i just dont see it :/ and if th promotion thing is what you are getting at, i think thats a bit lame :(

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
So, awhile ago, we kinda had an open forum that kinda started as a rant.

tl;dr: Some of our generation of regulars feel like our voice isnt been heard enough or taken seriously and Anti suggested that I should hit up Wolf. I decided to bring a formal discussion about it here and maybe we can get some things sorted out or something, aside from the one we discussed earlier in the above log.
What is it that you want to be heard? I haven't seen you guys speak up about anything. There was the discussion we had about encouraging more battling, but none of it is being forced upon you. It has already been established that we want a 50/50 balance of battling and off-topic/social chat, and the idea regarding "battler only" voice has blown over.

For what it's worth, the staff does care about regular members, especially considering that they make up the majority of our community. I hope you understand that not everyone is suitable for voice, just like how not everyone can be considered a good role model either. The matter isn't black and white; someone can be a valued member of the community and still not not have voice. We had the voice and senior combo for the purpose of ensuring that no one would feel unappreciated, but the cons of that setup outweighed the pros.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
What is it that you want to be heard? I haven't seen you guys speak up about anything. There was the discussion we had about encouraging more battling, but none of it is being forced upon you. It has already been established that we want a 50/50 balance of battling and off-topic/social chat, and the idea regarding "battler only" voice has blown over.

For what it's worth, the staff does care about regular members, especially considering that they make up the majority of our community. I hope you understand that not everyone is suitable for voice, just like how not everyone can be considered a good role model either. The matter isn't black and white; someone can be a valued member of the community and still not not have voice. We had the voice and senior combo for the purpose of ensuring that no one would feel unappreciated, but the cons of that setup outweighed the pros.

Oh, I didn't mean the voice promotions. Well, maybe it constituted part of the problem I guess, that's normal, we know. What I meant by our voice is that like some don't take our presence seriously or something. By the way, I'm not the only one who feels like this, so don't think that I'm being an attention ***** or anything. What I'm trying to say is that we feel that we are valued members but other people dont value our presence I guess?

Btw, isn't it ironic that when I joined the server, you guys reset the voice rank since you guys wanted the rank like it is set up right now.

Years
I understand Gunner's rant, but from what I know all those rank changes and shuffling was mainly tests by the server staff to see what system works best, and the latest change does remind me quite a lot of my early days on the server (except without the drivers hehehehehe) where I had nothing distinguishing me from most others, excluding the staff obviously.

I may be sometimes looked up to by many, yet that may be different in the eyes of those who want to promote you up a rank. Not everybody is perfect, and Wolf summed that up well, not everyone is suitable to be a voiced member (although if they want to keep close to the latest changes, the voice + frequenters combination was alright because I think the + and - signs go well together although they ended up scrapping it due to complications iirc), regardless of how long they've been around.

Sirfetch’d

You were banned for being highly inappropriate. However this isn't the place to appeal a ban, you will need to send a private message to a higher staff member as instructed in the original post.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Dear all PC Server staffs, lately I found some issues regarding the new voice rank system. First, I understand you want to revamp + users so only Seniors could get one, but now, when the mods are not online (except for the bots) like several minutes before writing this, there are autoconfirmed modchat, which causes more problems because that means almost everyone cannot talk (unlike back then when there are more + users). Even though I'm autoconfirmed myself, I feel like the chat is not quite as active because not everyone is having that state (and sometimes I forgot that factor when I want to talk to them in this state of chat), and I afraid every regular users won't like it. I hope you'll understand this issue, thanks.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Hey I've Got a Problem That When I Enter Battle Server And Click On Battle Then It Asks My Username I enter It Then Password I Enter It Again Then It Says Wrong Password

I think Showdown is case sensitive when it comes to passwords, so try it again to make sure you didn't type the first letter in a different case than the others. Other than that there isn't much you can do for a lost or forgotten password. You may have to make a new account unfortunately.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Hey I've Got a Problem That When I Enter Battle Server And Click On Battle Then It Asks My Username I enter It Then Password I Enter It Again Then It Says Wrong Password

It is also worth noting that there's a small bug regarding passwords, or at least there was one some time ago. It would give a wrong password message but if you tried 2 or 3 more times it would let you in. Very weird, but it happened to me and some other users!

Akshat

The Pokemon King
Years
Originally Posted by Powalen
I think Showdown is case sensitive when it comes to passwords, so try it again to make sure you didn't type the first letter in a different case than the others. Other than that there isn't much you can do for a lost or forgotten password. You may have to make a new account unfortunately.

Powalen I always check that caps lock is on or not and see which key i am pressing and Omicorn I wanted to know that which password i have to enter community password or we have to make another password for battle server.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Were you able to fix this problem? I had that same problem in the past and clearing browser cookies/cache does help. Try doing that. Let me know if you got it. :)

Back