• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Spot frustrations - Rage quitting/forfeiting

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
  • I get rage-quitted plenty of times and it honestly disturbs me immensely and I don't think I would ever enjoy having to go through people who just disconnect immediately because they know they're gonna lose.

Me myself, has never ever quit a game, neither do I forfeit it, if I lose, then I lose, but mainly because I know there are still those amazing chances even if I seem like I am going to get owned, like getting a super critical. :D

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I just got reminded today who I also hate as much as Rage Quitters.. People who Waste your time!!

Triple Battle:
    You defeated their entire team, they only have 1 pokemon left, it's ineffective and slower against all 3 of your pokemon, guaranteed to die by 1 hit by either one..

They use Protect..

I hate that so much... they just waste both our times and just delay the inevitable..

Worse is when, they use protect once.. then they use protect again and it works. >.>

Or even a stalling pokemon, such as shuckle who has absolutely no moves to use against your still alive full team, except toxic which he would die long before toxic would kill any of mine.. and then they just spam shell smash and just also delays the inevitable.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I just got reminded today why I also hate as much as Rage Quitters.. People who Waste your time!!

Triple Battle:
    You defeated their entire team, they only have 1 pokemon left, it's ineffective and slower against all 3 of your pokemon, guaranteed to die by 1 hit by either one..

They use Protect..

I hate that so much... they just waste both our times and just delay the inevitable..

Worse is when, they use protect once.. then they use protect again and it works. >.>

Ahaha, that is definitely frustrating.

I could understand maybe using Protect in a similar Single battle situation where you maybe have leftovers and might regain enough HP to withstand another hit.

But yeah. Stalling the inevitable can be very annoying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Ahaha, that is definitely frustrating.

I could understand maybe using Protect in a similar Single battle situation where you maybe have leftovers and might regain enough HP to withstand another hit.

But yeah. Stalling the inevitable can be very annoying.

yeah, how dare they try to live! ;-)

Years
  • The only thing that pisses me off with the win loss thing is internet interruption ending in a loss. When I'm at my girls house her NAT type is set to strict on her connection, so it randomly kicks you ( clan wars on cod is a mother over there ) needless to say I have been kicked and taken a loss when I was completely obliterating the other player.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • More adventures in triple battle,

1. i went against a team who had a Kyogre and a Darkrai.. Mewtwo outsped and oneshot darkrai before he could dark void, then genesect exploded killing the other two, while smeargle's wide guard kept himself and mewtwo alive.. next comes out Kyogre, i send out xerneas in replacement for genesect. Smeargle's wideguard blocked the probably choice scarf'd kyorge's waterspout (as it went first) and the person rage quit.

2. went against someone who sent out kyogre, darkrai, and arceus on the 1st turn. same as above, smeargle threw up wideguard, mewtwo oneshot darkrai, genesect exploded, instant ragequit.

I can understand average battlers rage quitting as it's just shock n' awe, a morale drop, and unfair in their eyes when the opposing team's single pokemon wiped out their whole team using Kyogre/Blastoise's waterspout, Darkrai/Smeargle's darkvoid, Groudon/Typlosions's eruption, or in my case, Genesect's explosion...

but to have opposing teams who use similar tactics as you ragequit when you give them "a taste of their own medicine"... it's just silly.

p.s. i been seeing alot more copycat teams this past week, except not copying my team, but copying a double fakeout pokemons sandwiching Kyogre center (originated by a japanese trainer named DAIKEI). trying to fake out any speedy threats to kyogre. luckily i see through their copycat tactics have quickguard at my disposal :P

Last edited:

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
    Years
  • At this point forfeiting doesn't bother me especially when even I know the other guy has lost. But, when they decide to flip the wi-fi switch right as the battle ends and rob me of a win(especially on the wrong end of a losing streak) that's when I start flipping tables. I understand that some people's internet(mine included) just craps out on them sometimes so if it's an early disconnect then it won't bother me as much. With that said, I do find it amusing when a kid rages in singles after I annihilate their team of untrained ubers with just my Bisharp, but maybe I'm just a troll.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I do find it amusing when a kid rages in singles after I annihilate their team of untrained ubers with just my Bisharp, but maybe I'm just a troll.

Nah man, that aint trolling, that's comedy. It's always fun to beat down some nub's Uber team with a non-Uber team.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Reminds me of someone whom had 3 legendaries and 1 Mega Evolution and can't beat me (I only use 1 Mega Evolution and 3 non-legendaries). They end up switching off because I managed to get over their ubers.

Seriously meh. But then it recorded them as "lose" so yay.

Years
  • This is the first Gen I've started comp. online battling and I have only used one team so far with succes. My team is a mix of OU and UU which consits out of Froslass, Scyther, Slowbro, Gengar, Milotic and Weavile. So I face this (probably) moron kid. He had like a loisy Battle Maison Streak, only 13 evolutions but he brought all his ingame legendaries with Poké-Bank. His team was Zekrom, Mewtwo, Deoxys-S, Tyrantrum, Yveltal and Rayquaza. I thought, why not? So it comes down to me winning 2-0 and just before I'm about to crush his last uber with my boss Slowbro, the communication breaks which means I couldn't save the video. I really hope the dude's game crashes and he loses his damn ubers.. Sorry for the rage, but cm'on, I've had Slowbro make fun out of a team of Ubers (a)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I actually 'ragequit' once recently - I thought Dark Void smeargle was some kind of hacked pokemon (I had no idea about sketch) and thought the person was cheating......later I found a video on youtube all about Dark Void smeargle. IMO the rules should be no legendaries of any variety, so if I saw a team with a few legendaries on ratings battle I would probably just quit as soon as I saw what their team was. Generally I don't mind losing, my first team I had while I was breeding my current team was so bad that I lost almost every battle, so I'm quite used to it. I just find legendaries to be tasteless aesthetically and in terms of the gameplay; they're overwhelmingly designed to please an immature demographic (though I guess you could say that's true of pokemon generally, to an extent).

I haven't encountered much ragequit on Ratings battle, only a few times - but I primarily do triple battle.....as far as forfeiting, I really don't see the problem. Using protect when you are almost guaranteed to lose seems fine too.

Free battle is just......more or less a free-for-all as far as my judgement goes, I don't really enjoy it that much to care about people ragequitting.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I actually 'ragequit' once recently - I thought Dark Void smeargle was some kind of hacked pokemon (I had no idea about sketch) and thought the person was cheating......later I found a video on youtube all about Dark Void smeargle. IMO the rules should be no legendaries of any variety, so if I saw a team with a few legendaries on ratings battle I would probably just quit as soon as I saw what their team was. Generally I don't mind losing, my first team I had while I was breeding my current team was so bad that I lost almost every battle, so I'm quite used to it. I just find legendaries to be tasteless aesthetically and in terms of the gameplay; they're overwhelmingly designed to please an immature demographic (though I guess you could say that's true of pokemon generally, to an extent).

I haven't encountered much ragequit on Ratings battle, only a few times - but I primarily do triple battle.....as far as forfeiting, I really don't see the problem. Using protect when you are almost guaranteed to lose seems fine too.

Free battle is just......more or less a free-for-all as far as my judgement goes, I don't really enjoy it that much to care about people ragequitting.

Yes, next time you see Smeargal. always remember to take it out.. good thing about Smeargal, regardless if it has Dark Void, it's definitely slower than your team (unless you're a slow team that rely on trick room), but remember, it usually has a focus sash. so you'll need to sacrifice 1 teammate to lower their health, then follow up with your revenge killer.

Also due to Smeargle, if i play rating battles or battle without legendaries.. I always make sure to have a Xatu on my team.. Mainly to run as a Lead Pokemon, Set up light screen/reflect, etc.. but also as backup to Smeargle, in case of dark void.. Xatu's ability is "Magic Bounce", it will send it back to Smeargle, also that is what makes Xatu a great Lead Pokemon, he can reflect your opponent's Lead status moves and field moves (i.e. stealth rock & toxic spikes, causes your opponent to set them up on their own field to attack their own switch-ins.. thunderwave, hypnosis, confusion, roar, etc, causes your opponent to use them on themselves xD!)

Get yourself a 6IV Calm or Careful Xatu and make them your lead Pokemon to handle any lead dangers :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Yes, next time you see Smeargal. always remember to take it out.. good thing about Smeargal, regardless if it has Dark Void, it's definitely slower than your team (unless you're a slow team that rely on trick room), but remember, it usually has a focus sash. so you'll need to sacrifice 1 teammate to lower their health, then follow up with your revenge killer.

Also due to Smeargle, if i play rating battles or battle without legendaries.. I always make sure to have a Xatu on my team.. Mainly to run as a Lead Pokemon, Set up light screen/reflect, etc.. but also as backup to Smeargle, in case of dark void.. Xatu's ability is "Magic Bounce", it will send it back to Smeargle, also that is what makes Xatu a great Lead Pokemon, he can reflect your opponent's Lead status moves and field moves (i.e. stealth rock & toxic spikes, causes your opponent to set them up on their own field to attack their own switch-ins.. thunderwave, hypnosis, confusion, roar, etc, causes your opponent to use them on themselves xD!)

Get yourself a 6IV Calm or Careful Xatu and make them your lead Pokemon to handle any lead dangers :P

Thanks for the suggestion, I've always found Xatu to be a cool pokemon. I encountered Dark Void smeargle again recently (I can't remember whether or not I won the battle), but since my team has a timid Ninetales with Safeguard I think I should be okay..........unless some critical hit rock move lands or fake out is used. In which case I'm screwed, but, in my view, that's just how it is.....chances, risks and weaknesses are inevitable.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I usually don't rage if I lose fair and square against someone when doing Rating Battles but when someone spam for example Mega Gengar (Shadow Tag ability if I remember right that locks your Pokémon on battle and can't be switched out), Perish Song, Protect and other things like that it makes my blood boil. Or if someone uses Spore, Sleeping Powder or Hypnosis on all my Pokémon.

When playing the other mode it doesn't bother because there everyone gets to play dirty. :P If you play with fire, fire is what you'll get.

I prefer to use my Arceus and White Kyurem to wipe others. Combine it with some well EV-trained Pokémon like Dusknoir that can spit out Curse on some highly defensive opponents and you basicly rule Tripple Battles atleast.

Pinta77

I haven't had anyone rage quit on me yet. I've been doing double battle and using protean greninja and aegislash. I've won quite a few battles relying on those 2 alone. And yeah, no rage quits. Lucky me?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Can anyone else verify this? next time you battle, write down your total wins, then keep track of how many battles you win, then if someone rage quits/disconnects, immediately check your profile and verify that it didn't count towards your wins :|

Yeah, it's true. I've tried it before, if they rage-quit then there's no win for you.

Makes the rage-quitters all the more annoying. >.>

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Yeah, it's true. I've tried it before, if they rage-quit then there's no win for you.

Makes the rage-quitters all the more annoying. >.>

That sucks :\

I'm not willing to test this, but I just hope that their disconnecting counts as a loss on their end >.> probably not >.>

Because I decided to write down the total # of battles it shows within the battle arena you have as well. and turns out that number did not increase either when the individual rage quit/disconnected on me.. so it probably didn't increase on their end either (aka. didn't count as a loss) >.>

maybe I'll test this myself and take a loss for science and intentionally disconnect myself and verify if or not it counted as a loss.

I think the next time i get their team down to the last Pokemon(s) and I wipe them out, and right before it goes to the WIN/LOSS screen, I'll disconnect at that moment... so I don't seem like a "rage quitter" ;P!

Last edited:
    Back