• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Spot frustrations - Rage quitting/forfeiting

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
  • Yeah, no problem.

It really stinks that rage-quitting doesn't have consequences for the most part.
    Though perhaps it's different for BattleSpot as opposed to battles set up with friends/acquaintances/passerbys?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Yeah, no problem.

It really stinks that rage-quitting doesn't have consequences for the most part.
    Though perhaps it's different for BattleSpot as opposed to battles set up with friends/acquaintances/passerbys?

Now that we know this... the only place I can think of where the Win/Loss thing may count, even if the other person disconnects.. is probably Ratings Battle, since those are more official and are actually "Linked" to your Pokemon-GL.com account (it shows your ratings, keeps score, etc), maybe that's the only place where it counts :\?

but other than that >.> I guess Rage Quitting has absolutely no consequences to the rage quitter and has absolutely no benefits to us. It's like the battle never took place, a waste of time for us.. damn Rage Quitters...

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • I hate it when people forfeit on me. It's one thing not having time to finish the battle, but just because they get caught up against a wall like Cobalion, there's no reason to flatout quit, especially when they're down to the last Pokémon. I'm actually about ready to quit using Battle Spot because people quit on me consistently. It's not like I'm trying to troll them or anything, I just like putting up a fight.

Years
  • Ragequitting bugs me a lot, especially at time when you are JUST about to win and your opponent DCs at the last second(I blame my Curse Sylveon for that).

Well with regards to forfeiting, it can be annoying and not annoying at the same time. I understand that some people have to forfeit if they are gonna accept their loss the other way, but what I don't understand is that some people forfeit on me every time I KO their hazard users which REALLY ticks me off -_-

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Like 90% of the people I battle disconnect. Normally I wouldn't mind 'cause you still get the win, but I like to save battle videos to record usage statistics and reviw various matchups - can't do that when people leave! They should have left the temporary ban in. Quitting actually seemed less common in Gem 5. :c

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Just had someone rage-quit on me in a Rating battle. :(
    I was on my second pokemon, Mega Houndoom, had just knocked out their first. They send in their Garchomp. I anticipate an Earthquake attack, seeing as my Mega Houndoom was down to less than half HP, and so used Destiny Bond. Like I thought, Garchomp uses Earthquake, KOs Houndoom and goes down with him.

Instant disconnection. Guess someone's not too happy to have lost their Dragon. Apparently they didn't think their third Pokemon would be able to handle my Vaporeon?

It's frustrating, I rarely get the upper hand in Rating battles and when I do, people just DC on me.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • My most annoying experience with Battle Spot was this one guy who ten minutes to make a move. I counted. It took me almost an hour to get out of that battle. I almost forfeited that match just to get out of it.

I also had one battle where the other guy quit just as I was about to beat his last Pokemon. I technically won, but it didn't feel like a win. I also had another guy forfeit after I beat his first Pokemon.

I'd rather lose fifty times than forfeit once. It's just a source of pride to me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I usually don't rage if I lose fair and square against someone when doing Rating Battles but when someone spam for example Mega Gengar (Shadow Tag ability if I remember right that locks your Pokémon on battle and can't be switched out), Perish Song, Protect and other things like that it makes my blood boil. Or if someone uses Spore, Sleeping Powder or Hypnosis on all my Pokémon.

I actually played a Mega Gengar/ Gothorita- perish song team in triple battle......I lost and since then I've been trying to figure out a way that I can counter it. Probably would have to roar until neither one is on the field. The good part about that is that Gengar is fragile, but Gothorita not so much. The person's rating was huge.

Personally I don't consider it cheap or distasteful, as I do legendaries......those are so abundant though, that it's no use railing against them.

So in my experience, my rating has gone up when other people have disconnected, and down when I myself have disconnected.......it did, however, take more time for it to show up than with complete battles.......so I think the disconnected battles are ultimately counted.

Anyway, most of the ragequitting I've encountered is by people with high ratings who just aren't used to losing.

Last edited:
    Back