• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    someone should host a monotype tournament. im down like james brown

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    well i guess this is incredibly important but salamence is now an official uber!!!!!!!!

So I've heard! I've never used him, and actually my team has never had a huge problem with him. Garchomp is more worthy, in my opinion. I'm still curious as to the qualifications which must be met in order to be an "uber"; surely it's not just a subjective thing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    ATTN: A new wifi league is on the horizon!

Anyone who feels like they are up to joining as a leader type, please PM me with

-Level of activity on PC (from a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being inactive, 10 being here every hour)
    -Experience with pokemon battling (length of time, shoddy ratings, etc)
    -Most comfortable/interesting styles of play: Tiers, field effects, monotype -- whatever.

Thanks

Oh and I will stop answering PM's July 19, 2010

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    so when B/W comes out in japan, and all of the pokemon/info about them/battle changes are known, will they be added to shoddy battle, or will we have to wait untill it comes out in english?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    When we can get all the information and an update is made for shoddy (containing all the new sprites/moves/items/ect) then it will be added to Shoddy for us to use. It won't be out right when we know the new stuff, but I'd expect it to be out shortly (as in a month or so) after the release of BW in Japan. ^o^ I can't wait quite honestly because I can't stand battling 4th gen anymore.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    I have a really nooby question, so don't hate =)

Most of my pokemon are like level 65-70, but I wanna start getting into competitive battling. If I pick a level 100 battle, will it automatically boost my pokemon to level 100?

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    @trutrojan8- Yes it will.:)

otherwise, i was wondering what kind of tournament are people looking for? I'm thinking of attempting to get approval for some kind of shoddy tournament thread, cause as active as i am I'm sure i can maintain it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    So I've heard! I've never used him, and actually my team has never had a huge problem with him. Garchomp is more worthy, in my opinion. I'm still curious as to the qualifications which must be met in order to be an "uber"; surely it's not just a subjective thing.

Oh it is pretty subjective lol. But not in a bad way, you must qualify for voting so not any noob can vote, you must have a very high CRE on the shoddy ladder so only the best players can vote.

Offensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Defensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Support Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

That is what smogon uses. Obviously you can apply this to Blissey for example but its more "using your brain and not taking it out of context" rather than anything else, besides votes are checked over by smogon admins/mods i.e Jumpman/Aelous/Jabba etc before they are counted to make sure theorymon is solid within them and not just "OMG BLISSEY IS SO HARD CUZ IT KEEPZ WALLING MAI TEEM AND HAZ NO COUNTERZ" in which case you just suck lol. In Mences case it fit the support + offensive characteristic because MixMence is ridiculously hard to switch into and put massive dents in opposing teams and the DDer was horribly hard to stop sweeping. Outrage pretty much tipped Mence over the edge.

On a side note, a certain cute elf is getting more and more wifi pokes and that certain elf may return to wifi for a little fun sometime ekeke. >:]

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Just curious, but how many people would be interested in playing in an old gen tournament? (It can be RBY, GSC, or ADV) If I can get at least 8 (12 or 16 would be great!) then I'll submit the idea to Aura/TB/whoever else mods wifi lol. Just PM me or VM me saying your interested and say which gen (if you have preference), I'll be keeping tabs of it. Just a quick note before you guys make any hasty decisions:

RBY - Very very fast paced, but stuff does not hit NEARLY as hard. Stat up moves aren't really used, except Amnesia. Glitchy glitchy glitchy. Way luck based, but its my favorite. Very easy to learn since there are like, 17 OU mons. Psychic-type dominance. I would probably browse these: https://www.smogon.com/rb/articles/

GSC - Slow. Stall based lots of RestTalk and Roar/WW. Skarm and Lax dominate. SkarmBliss is born. I wouldn't recommend asking for it unless you are well versed. Probably won't get picked unless we have a majority ask for GSC. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203220 helpful link

ADV - Includes RSEFRLG and XD. Pretty similar to DP but a bit less fast paced. Still no Physical/Special split so moves were determined by type. Skarmory was v. powerful in terms of getting up spikes. Lots of Focus Punches. Slaking was useable (not recommended to newer players). Prediction was (arguably) more valuable than teammates (mind you teammates are still important). BOAH BOAH BOAH. Pretty easy to learn since we all grew up on DP and it plays similar. Key thing to remember is that Hidden Power became Physical/Special depending on what you had (i.e. HP Flying = Physical ; HP Grass = Special). Not much stuff to read, I guess you could browse the Ever Grande subforum on Smogon.

In order to play you will have to download NetBattle Supremacy (just google it because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it). The first time you try to download it, it will probably try to save a .jpeg file for some reason idk its just stupid like that. Refresh your webpage and try it again. It should open up a download window and start downloading the program. I assume you can go from there. If this gets going I probably won't post it for a couple of weeks to let you guys get used to playing older gens, because its hard when your in a DP mindset. I don't expect instant replies from any of you, bar maybe D_A. I really hope this gets off the ground, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I probably left stuff out of the generic overlooks of the 3 generations but im tired. I'll check over them tomorrow. or whenever. thanks for reading my long and probably boring post.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    gsc plz, kthnx

^__~

Random Brazillian : bean dip why no have ? <--netbattle lol

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    That would probably make me want to use it if it had past gens since I never played any of those competitively :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Your userbars match your avatar, dearest.

PS I like how all new signature moves sound epic but suck/gimmicky.

Grass Mixer is a Grass-type special attack with a base power of 65, a 90% accuracy, and has a chance of lowering the opponent's accuracy
    Nitro Charge is a Fire-type physical attack, has a base power of 50, a 100% accuracy, and has a chance of raising Pokabu's speed.
    Shell Blade is a Water-type physical attack with a base power of 75, a 95% accuracy, and lowers the opponent's Defense. He describes the animation as "Crush Claw done with a shell."

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    Hi, fellow PokeCommunity battlers. I'm wondering if you guys can recommend any Pokemon for an anti-Trick Room team, since I have nothing else to do in my HeartGold than try to get in competitive battling.

Back