• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen battle tower unstoppable team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Salac berry is equal to 1/2 agility. Liechi is equal to 1/2 swords dance. Petaya is equal to growth. Meaning that (assuming no other buffs are used beforehead), a stat is multipled by 7/6... well you see, a modest alakazam activating petaya berry at lvl 100 means 369*1.1 = 406 sp.att already. With petaya berry, Alakazam now has 474 sp.attack.

No one is thrilled about an Alakazam with 474 sp.attack... really...

Salac berry usually gives a Pokemon enough of a speed boost to overcome most other Pokemon out in the field. A heracross after using endure will have their hp lowered to 1. Salac berry will be activiated to boost its speed above 310 (even faster if it's jolly). A speed of 310 is faster than Alakazam (if Alakazam doesn't have a personality bonus of speed), so really it's nothing to rejoice about if you're up against a freaky Pokemon who is ALMOST ALWAYS faster than you, using a STAB reversal at full power at all times. (salac berry is the only reason why quick attack is used nowadays...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I understand most of that but what do you mean a stat is multiplied by 7/6?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It's just how a buff works... First of all there's 4 types of buffs. It can raise/drop by "1 level" or "2 level". A buff has a set ratio of 6/6. The denominator will not change, but the numerators will depending on the buff. For every level of stat increase, the numerator goes up by one. For every level of stat decrease, the numerator goes down by 1. So using a swords dance will upset the balance from 6/6 * attack power into 8/6 * attack power.

(*Note: not sure if the scale is set at 7/7 or 6/6 to start with, but the increase and decrease thing within the numerator is certainly true)

A berry will tip the numerator up by 1 everytime it's activated. That's how it works.

Years
    yeh but like im not gonna waste my berrys to test if u loose them or not. and i save higher berries so that some day i will make good pokeblocks to get the contest won.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    it's called save, and reset if things go wrong...

Plus this is, again, ingame, where high level with EV or not, will always win. Online battle however, you need all the stats you can get. (Plus there's unlimited access to TM/Move tutor/Egg move/items anyway)

Years
    what? theres no pokemon online... and if you save before the tower and win or loose then shut it off and turn it back on, it comes up to battle lady and she says that u didnt save it before u left last time, and just stops ur streak and everything. and im not gonna chance my streak i got going.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    as if the streak is hard to get... crystal battle tower I can understand... but this one is quite a joke (they lost their freaky max stats advantage, so shouldn't be hard at all).

Online battling does exist... it's called netbattle.

https://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Mu ultimate battle tower team is Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile with Charcoal, mystic water, and miracle seed respectfully. I go for raw power and strengths, rather than giving the opponent a chance to fight back.

Years
    i give the opponent no chance, but i cant trade cuz no friends play, and i only have gameboyplayer and one game cart. so im stuck with only 1 ruby cart, and cant get all the guys.

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
    awkwardsilencer said:
    lol u were being sarcastic bout glalie right? cuz hes sick, and hailer? ...ummm hail stinks. berries stink its used once and its gone. then no item the rest the battles.
    boost items arent a big enuff help. im gonna stick with quickclaw white herb and leftovers and other helpful items like that.

About the berries in the battle tower once used they can be used again in the next battle. So berries are useful in the battle tower. :D :D :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Please do not post in old threads that are over one month old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back