• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Tower winning streaks

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    My current Battle Tower Team goes a little something like this (all these are at L50 BTW)

Walrein@Chesto Berry
    Encore
    Body Slam
    Ice Beam
    Rest

You have no idea how many times Encore has saved my butt!

Ludicolo@Leftovers
    Rain Dance (Rain Dish)
    Toxic
    Protect
    Mega Drain

And of course, my Metagross:
    Metagross@Leftovers
    Metal Claw
    Psychic
    Iron Defence
    Hyper Beam

Yes, the moves are bad (this is my Colosseum Metagross, which explains why).

Current record: 35 straight wins

Years
    1313666 said:
    I got bored, and this came to my head. How many wins have you had in the Battle Tower in Ruby/Sapphire? My record is 6 wins with my Salamence, Wailord, and Regice. Please post the number of wins and your team. It can't be worse than mine.

Yes, I don't do Battle Tower much. -.-

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Toothache said:
    my Metagross:
    Metagross@Leftovers
    Metal Claw
    Psychic
    Iron Defence
    Hyper Beam

Yes, the moves are bad (this is my Colosseum Metagross, which explains why).
    Can't you still throw on one or two TMs to fix up the moves, especially Iron Defense and Hyper Beam? For example, an earthquake will be nice =)

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    14/14 i havent played it much.
    Metagross
    Psychic
    earthquake
    metalclaw
    Hyperbeam(taught)
    Ludicolo
    Hydropump
    Theif
    Watergun
    solarbeam
    Salamence
    Flamethrower
    Fly
    Earthquake
    Dragonclaw

Now with Kung-Fu grip! XD
    Years
    here are my pokemon profiles:

Salamence@Leftovers
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Headbutt
    Ember

Wailord@Mystic Water
    Water Pulse
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Dive

Regirock@Magnet
    Thunderbolt
    Shock Wave
    Superpower
    Ancientpower

I switched the Regi's for fun. Fly has also gotten me out of tight spots. I will make changes, just tell me what to do.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Can't you still throw on one or two TMs to fix up the moves, especially Iron Defense and Hyper Beam? For example, an earthquake will be nice =)

I think I'll just get my Metang and level it up (at least to get Meteor Mash and probably Agility). I do still have Earthquake TM somewhere (my Gligar got my Colosseum EQ TM, so this is my only other, but there is still breeding for EQ)

- .] 5cếpt?lế }} +

bedroom eyes
    Years
    i have some spare earthquakes, want 1?

i just ended my level 100 streak of 14. (dont trywhen you dont really want to!)

i had level 97 sceptile with a catch oriented moveset, weak attack registeel level 91 and a exploding level 50 shiftry for those that are taking to long to kill

ive still got 14 win level 50 streak with level 50 cradily exploding level 50 registeel and same exploding shiftry i think i have a bunch of lvl 50 pokemon

(no items on the pokemon)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    1313666 said:
    here are my pokemon profiles:

Salamence@Leftovers
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Headbutt
    Ember

Wailord@Mystic Water
    Water Pulse
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Dive

Regirock@Magnet
    Thunderbolt
    Shock Wave
    Superpower
    Ancientpower

I switched the Regi's for fun. Fly has also gotten me out of tight spots. I will make changes, just tell me what to do.
    Since you asked for it...

Salamence- fly is crap and we all know it... low power and not even perfect accuracy. Even if it's ingame, it's still hideous. Change it to something else, like bite (heart scale). Headbutt and ember are both very weak attacks. Erase them both. Ember should be flamethrower (infinite tm) and headbutt can be return (infinite, again). This is assuming that no breeding is going to be done...

Wailord's surf is a lot stronger than both dive and water pulse, so take those out (water pulse's power go down way too quickly for Wailord who can't take a junk in def.) Change one of them to rest (use heart scale to bring it back) with chesto berry for survivability, and the other to ice beam (infinite tm).

Regirock got poor special attack, so low that it's not evne bearable in game. Ditch out thunderbolt and shock wave (they repeat each other anyway.) Give it whatever physical attack tms you have left. If you cannot or has none left, then use return and curse. Superpower is also a real drag as it lowers attack and defense, so change it if you can. Brick break will be a nice replacement.

Really due to the limiting nature of Regirock if you got limited TMs, I really don't recommand you using it...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    103 just with a Blissey alone. I stopped at 103 cause I only wanted the silver and gold plates the guy gives you. I can increase that 103 if I want right now...the streak is still going.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    yeah i can do battle tower aswell.but it's so boring.

my team:

blaziken-leftovers,

strength,blaze kick,double kick,cut,

swampert-sea insence

dive,rock smash,strength,surf,

sceptile-silkscarf,

dig,sunny day,solarbeam,leaf blade,

most of these moves were my bro's he totally wrecked them any idea's.

Blitz

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    Sandslash, CZard, and Skarm. My record (currently, i'm workin on it) is 56. Feels good to be back again, my computer was broken.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    100... I couldn't be bothered to do it after I got the Gold Shield. I haven't even got a Secret Base! The team was: Houndoom, Medicham, Lanturn, all Lv 100. I can't be bothered to list the moves as that would mean having to find the Gam Boy, turn it on, go to the PC, checking the moves, typing them in. Plus I'm too lazy to do anything of the sort ^_^

pichbob

FIAH!!!!
    Years
    yeah i can do battle tower aswell.but it's so boring.

my team:

blaziken-leftovers,

strength,blaze kick,double kick,cut,

swampert-sea insence

dive,rock smash,strength,surf,

sceptile-silkscarf,

dig,sunny day,solarbeam,leaf blade,

most of these moves were my bro's he totally wrecked them any idea's]
    Swampert should have water pulse because it confuses sometimes
    and rock smash sux

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Replaced Ludicolo with Dusclops

Dusclops@Leftovers
    Mean Look
    Confuse Ray
    Will-O-Wisp
    Night Shade

Only has to fear ghost attacks (dark can be tanked easily). Mean Look is more for competitive battles, but he does me proud in the Battle Tower. Current Streak: 42 wins

Back