• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlefields of Blood and Tears (PG-16)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Nakuzami:
    Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    "All right, Rai, I think we should go to Oak Ridge to see dad." Zero told his first Pokemon. He was sure that his dad would be able to give him last minute advice before he set out on his journey. Zero was smart, but his dad had lots of experience, both in Pokemon and in life in general. Zero respected his dad, and thought he had better see him one last time. After all, he could die for crying out loud!

They got in Zero's car and began the drive. Luckily, Oak Ridge is just about a 20 minute drive from where Zero lives, so before long they were getting out of the car and walking into the lab where his father worked.

As soon as he got out he clenched his stomach. It was roaring, and it was only until now that Zero realized that he was so caught up in starting his quest that he forgot to eat breakfast. It was already lunchtime now. Hopefully this meeting with his father would be short. Orion hopped out of the car too, and followed Zero's lead into the building.

Zero knew exactly where to go, he had visited before on tours with his school, and by himself a couple of times to see his father. Sure enough, he was working at his station, just fixing to leave for his lunch break.

"Ah, Zero my boy! Glad to see you're taking it easy on your first day of freedom! How's life treating you today?" his father asked.

"Pretty good so far. Although I am pretty hungry, you want to go get something to eat?" the boy responded.

"Yeah, let me just tell Jerry that I'm leaving the station up to him." his father said, turning to his long time friend as he took his lab coat off.

30 minutes later Zero and his father were finishing up their lunch. "Being a Pokemon Trainer feels great!" Zero thought to himself. It seemed at last that people were treating him as an equal, something he never got in school. The freedom and lack-of-jeering were pretty good too.

He walked his father back to his work. He was going to just leave straight from lunch, but his father had something to give him. They walked back to his father's station in the lab, where he reached under his desk and pulled out a big bag of something.

"Here, Zero, I want you to take this. As you know, Pokemon also need to eat. Pokemon can eat any Pokemon food found at Pokemarts, however, they will do best if they are fed food that matches their own specific tastes. This food is geared towards a Modest natured Starmie like you have there.

"Thanks dad, I was just about to go to a Pokemart after I stopped by your lab. I'm sure Orion will love this." Zero replied, smiling as he took the bag.

"I'm also giving you some money to start your journey. You know, some gas money and money for supplies. But don't think I'm going to be your own personal bank. You're going to have to learn to fend for yourself, you hear?"

"Yeah, I know, dad. Well, I'm going to go to the mart to buy a few more supplies that I might need for my trip. Thanks for the food and money!" Zero said over his shoulder, heading out the door.

"I think we're going to have a blast together, Rai." Zero told his Pokemon as he exited the parking lot.

"Hyah" the Starmie agreed, already taking its first big bite of 'Starmie Food'.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    myrrhman:
    Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    This is a warning to the three roleplayers, myrrhman, Nakuzami, and the Noob Hacker to get their posts in soon!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    What a violent zephyr...

-----

I walked over to the two pokeballs and picked them up. I had just added two pokemon to my team, even if THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER were weak. Now, it was definately time to train them. I let Pidove, whatm I named Valiant, out first.

I scanned the area to find some pokemon. There was ancrazy flock of Pidove a little ways away from us, and a few Taillow flying above. Then there was also a small flock of Pidgey. I walked over to the Pidgey and commanded Valiant to use Gust.

The Pidgey scattered when the fierce winds bowled over them. Some flew away before THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER were hit, crazys were thrown around in various directions. Almost all had gone except for one that was still trying to get off the ground. "Gust." Valiant flapped his wings and created ancrazy blast of wind that he sent at the Pidgey. The Pidgey was slammed into the ground and was unable to escape.

"Gust again." I hoped that since Gust was Valiant's only move, it wouldn't become redundant. Valiant created ancrazy gust of wind just as the Pidgey turned around and began to falp its own wings. Pidgey created its own mini-tornado, and both attacks collided in mid air. There was a small explosion and then a large zephyr that blew right by me. Both birds were still standing - or should I say flying.

I sighed, "Again." Valiant flapped his wings again and launched yet ancrazy gust of wind that hurled the Pidgey into a fountain. The Pidgey leaped out of the fountain, unable to fly from the weight of the water. It was trapped on the ground. "Finish it." Valiant loosed a final blast of wind that made Pidgey's feathers dry out and a few fell off. It was also thrown into a nearby tree. It had fainted, whether from the Gust or the tree, I did not know.

I recalled Valiant and let out my Taillow, whatse nickname I would have to figure out. I looked around for a few minutes until I heard some rustling in a bush. I turned to find a Sentret with an Oran Berry in its mouth.

"Gust." Taillow flapped her wings and created a large swirl of wind that she launched at the Sentret. The Sentret, whatm hadn't expected it, was thrown back a few feet and lost its Oran Berry. When it got back up, it sped towards Taillow with Quick Attack.

"Sand-Attack." Taillow dug her claws in the dirt and threw a pile of it at the Sentret's face, causing it to lose its balance. It ran into a street light instead of Taillow. It imVuvuzelately turned and used Quick Attack again, throwing Taillow to the ground. Then it did it again, ramming her from above, pushing her even further into the earth.

"Push it off and use Gust!" Taillow struggled with the Sentret for a few seconds before she managed to free herself from it. When she did, she imVuvuzelately took to the sky and flapped her wings violently. The Sentret flew into a bench, before it jumped into the bushes and disappeared for a moment.

The Sentret flew out of a tree near Taillow and knocked her out of the sky. As she fell, I saw that she was right above the..."Oran Berry! Grab it and eat it! Then use Gust!" Taillow twisted in the air and scooped up the Oran Berry in her beak. She swallowed it and the burst of energy she received was obvious.

She turned back to the Sentret and summoned a huge blast of wind that she launched at the Sentret. The Sentret was blasted about twenty feet into the air, before slamming into the ground with a large noise and creating a dust cloud. When the cloud cleared, the Sentret had fainted.

"Return, Taillow." Taillow disappeared in a ray of scarlet light. I turned to my car and noticed the sun was finally up. I got in the car and started the engine. It was time to head to when the gym was located.

OOC: I'll be gone for the weekend, so i'll have another post on Monday.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    (OOC: Imma go back to the field. That's cool for now. Also, I'm going to write as much as I can, but I'm already really tired, and I'm doing some Community Service with my fencing club tomorrow reeeeeal early in the morning, so I can't promise I'll get much written. I will, however, without a doubt go back and edit this post as soon as I get a chance to, so don't bother commenting on it, plz? Thanks!)

"All right, Rai, I figure its about time for us to add to our team a bit." Zero told Starmie. The two had stopped at a nearby field where Zero suspected wild Pokemon lived. They exited the car and walked to the rarely entered grass. Pokemon Trainers simply just didn't go out into the wild much anymore. There were plenty of daycare centers that raised baby Pokemon, even bred and hatched new Pokemon. They were all over, and as a result, many trainers preferred this safer method of obtaining a team. But not Zero. He wanted it the real way. He also thought it would be a good experience for him. He had to practice keeping his guard up at all times, because we all knew what could happen to trainers who didn't. The news would not let us forget that.

Sure enough, before long there was a rustle in a patch of grass.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    As the trainers recalled their Pokemon to end the battle the crowd, previously dumbfounded by the show, reacted at last. Some cheered, others remained silent, others yet seemed to be disappointed with the result of the battle. Raphael was blind to this, he was still staring across the field, to the headmistress. Raphael was trying to figure out what had just happened. It had just happened, yet he had no idea what it was. It was as if he had taken on a new body during the fight, and only now was he pulled back to earth. Before he could sort out the events that just occurred, the headmistress was in front of him, grinning. Raphael was unsure as to whether or not it was genuine.

"Impressive, Mister Newmeyer." the headmistress complemented.

"You, as well, displayed a great deal of skill." Raphael blurted out.

Before the exchange could continue, the headmistress was gone. She was replaced by Raphael's gym teacher. He exchanged a few words of greeting and congratulations. He held out his hand, Raphael knew the implications.

Hesitantly, Raphael pulled out his last two Pokemon. He looked at them one last time. No words could describe what he was feeling right now. With a final sigh, he handed them over.

Over the next couple of hours, after he received his ID, Raphael spent his time packing. He really only took the things he could stuff in his black and gray backpack. Once done, he clumsily tossed it into the passenger seat of his car. It was a small, compact car, silver in color. For the final touches, Raphael strapped on a Pokeball holding belt, and replaced his regular seeing glasses with photochromic glasses, that looked like sunglasses in the outdoors, and clear when inside. Both final gifts from his parents. Raphael was just about ready to leave.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Nakuzami:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

myrrhman:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Noob Hacker:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

---

It was sunhigh when Selena pulled her car into a parking lot, just outside of a small forest after stopping in the town and buying twenty Pokeballs for $4 each. She got out, allowing Wartortle to hop out as well, and stretched. She raised her hands high and she heard the cracks of stiff muscles and tendons. Wartortle stretched too, but instead of stretching high, he withdrew into his shell.

Finally, Selena looked up and around the small forest. A flock of Pidgey flew by overhead, and a few Rattata scurried by.

Selena looked down at Wartortle. "Hey buddy, do you want to do some practicing?" I asked him. Wartortle smiled and nodded his head. "Alright," I looked up and scanned the area again, spotting a lone Pidgey pecking at the grass hungrily, "Let's battle that Pidgey."

Wartortle nodded and walked forward, and after a few steps the Pidgey looked up.

"Let's start this off with a Water Gun," Selena commanded.

Wartortle sucked in a breath and let go – a large jet of water shooting forward toward the Pidgey. It hit the Pidgey, sending it colliding into a tree.

Wow, that Pidgey is stupid, Selena thought.

She shook off the thought, "Use Iron Tail now," Selena commanded.

Wartortle rushed forward, but just as he spun his tail around to collide with the Pokemon, the Pidgey lifted itself up out of the way.

"Okay," Selena laughed. This wasn't going to be a piece of cake where the wild Pokemon allowed itself to be hit with every attack. "Use another Water Gun."

Wartortle sucked in a breath and shot out another jet of water, and it collided with the slow Pidgey. The Pidgey fell to the ground, unconscious.

Selena sighed. "Okay," she whispered. "Come back, Wartortle."

Wartortle turned to look at Selena before walking back over to her. But suddenly, out of nowhere, a flash of green and yellow collided with Wartortle, knocking him to the side.

Selena flinched and blinked in shock.

Wartortle stumpled to the ground, and slowly got back to its feet. In front of him was a Sewaddle, who looked mad.

Selena grinned. Now this could be a good battle. Wartortle would be at a disadvantage here – great practice.

"Water Gun!" Selena commanded.

Wartortle shot out another jet of water, and quickly, the Sewaddle jumped out of the way. Damn, it was fast.

How in the hell is it so fast? Selena asked herself.

The Sewaddle lunged forward in an attack.

"Iron Tail as it comes to you," Selena shouted to Wartortle.

Just as the wild Sewaddle was inches from Wartortle, Wartortle whipped his tail around into Sewaddle, knocking him back. The Sewaddle fell to the ground, wounded.

Selena dug into her pocket and found a small Pokeball. She clicked the button on the front, enlarging it, and threw it forward like a softball at the wounded Sewaddle. When it hit, the Sewaddle disappeared into it in a flash of transparent pink light.

The Pokeball shook, the button blinking red, for a few seconds, before finally calming down.

Selena smiled. She had caught a Sewaddle.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    (OOC: Royal, I sort of already did that. If you want me to redo the post or something that's fine, but yeah, you just gave me the same post outline twice.)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    The Noob Hacker:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
    Years
    Post 1

Xavier stared out of the window, not listening to a single word Mr. Roberts had been saying. As soon as the teacher began the first few words Xavier already knew what he had to say. In fact all Xavier could hear on the news was; Blah,blah, Team Globus, blah. Would it kill the News to put up another story? Knowing the news, they'd probably say yes.

At the end of the reading Xavier turned his blank gaze over to his teacher. Who in fact was taking numerous looks over at said teenager. Xavier rolled his eyes at the teacher's action. He already knew that he'd get an I.D. , what was the point of that?

Mr.Roberts got up from his desk with a sigh and stood in front of the class. Really there was 5 minutes left for the hour, but he knew the entire class was in their own little world; including Xavier. "Well students that concludes today's hour," said Mr.Roberts. This statement received a large amount of terms such as; finally. Yes! And about time.
    Xavier immediately sat up from his chair; books in hand, as he exited the room. The teen was receiving a diverse amount of reactions from the rest of the student body. The main amount however, was scowls. Xavier didn't react negatively to these looks. Outwardly anyway. He knew that they weren't mad at him. They were jealous of him. 'To be mad at another's success is ridiculous. I'm glad they didn't get an I.D. early.'

Xavier stepped into the gymnasium and spotted his Pokemon. Omega immediately walked over to him with a nod. The other two; Quake and Tropic, followed suit as they played with one another. Their trainer did something unusual for him; he smiled. His team of Pokemon were his friends and his ONLY friends. You have Omega; The calm one and always fought valiantly to the end. Then there was Quake; The troublemaker and speed demon. And last, but not least, you have Tropic; Quake's best friend and great opener.

Xavier took a look around as a whistle broke the sound in the room. He began to walk to the center, his Pokemon following suit.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    baseballa34657:
    Spoiler:

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
    Years
    Post 2

Xavier walked over to his newly assigned team from the middle. It was the usual; everyone on this side is on this team techinque. How original. Like every other day the twins of the school were on his side and they argued with eachother, like always. Everyone in the group sweatdropped as Xavier finally approached the group. Lucy; the school's shy girl raised her hand as she spoke quietly, "How about X-xavier goes first?" She was twiddling with her hair slightly as she turned to look at the said teen.

However before he could speak up for his reply, he got cut off. The coach that had pulled this interruption was none other than Coach Schaubb. "Sorry red team, but Xavier needs to go into the principal's office." Xavier blinked a few times and grasped the note in his hand before tucking it into his pocket. Omega began grumbling slightly as he was recalled to his pokeball. He absolutely HATED being inside that blasted creation. The other two of Xavier's team however didn't protest the return like Omega had. Before he could hold his arm out to Coach Schaubb, he received a disaproving look. "Well...you can take them out of the gym now." Xavier was simply flabbergasted. Taking the Pokemon out of the gymnasium? He wouldn't ask why, he was simply too happy to care.

Xavier began to walk out of the gym, but before he left the room entirely he turned back to face the red team. He felt that he at least needed to say bye to Lucy. She was the only one that didn't ignore him all together besides his pokemon of course. "Uh....bye Lucy." Needless to say the entire clump of kids went silent. Most people hadn't even gotten a reaction from him; let alone talk. With that he left the room leaving a pink blush on the girl's cheeks.

After the short walk into the main office he entered the prnicipals office. When he entered; to say he was surprised was an understatement. Seeing his mother wasn't a surprise, but when he saw his father, he nearly tripped. Wasn't he supposed to be down in the Ozarks? Both were beaming with wide smiles as he entered the room. They both seemed to have pride as their main emotion. That was evident from the look on their faces. His principal took a glance at him before holding out a hand to one of the chairs. "Have a seat please." Xavier nodded and pulled the chair out and sat; slouching slightly.

"I'm sure you're very aware of this by now, but I will say it again anyway – you have been chosen as one of the students to be allowed to receive their trainer IDs early in Missouri." Principal Mosher tells you as he takes a seat across from Xavier and your parents. "It's a great honor, I must bet, but it surely is going to be a great deal of responsibility." Xavier saw this as an opening to a very long and pointless speech, so he began twirling the pokeballs in his hand.

After a long while of numerous generic responsibilty speeches he tapped one of the pokeballs in Xavier's hand. This grasped the I.D. receiver's attention and he began to give all focus on his principal. You must be wondering why I asked you to bring your Pokemon gym team with you." He says. "Well, it's really easy to explain – you will pick one of your Pokemon to begin your journey with."

Xavier felt his body stop and the room appeared to twirl around him. 'Not all my pokemon? One!?' He was panicking inside his head, but outwardly he only held a slight frown placed upon himself. We can't allow you to take all three because then it would be unfair to the kids that have received their IDs before you. I know you've grown to become friends with your team, but you may only choose one. I'm sorry." He sighed. "You may take the rest of the day to think of your answer if you so choose so…"

Xavier got up from his chair and promptly walked out of the office, signaling he needed more time. The last part of the day was a blur to the teenager. Everything for the rest of the day turned eerily quiet. Even his usual hyperactive mother was quiet. Why? It was obvious. "I'm going to my room," said Xavier. He entered his domain as he stared down at his pokeballs.

Xavier drew a deep breath before deciding Omega was the one he was taking. Why? He had two reasons. One; Tropic and Quake were inseperable. They spent so much more time with eachother then with Xavier and Omega, taking one away from the other would devastate them. Two; Omega was the strongest and his favorite. It hurt to say he had a favorite, but he just had one. Every time he came into the gym Omega was by his side, he relaxed with Xavier, he had FUN with Xavier. The decision was unanimous.

Xavier let Omega out of his pokeball and spoke to him. "Looks like your going with me Omega." Both smiled at each other before entering their own dreamland.

Back